Events & Activities 2011

MAY 7-8 SOMERVILLE, TX -LSORA

JUNE 4-5 ROCKAWAY BEACH, MO/SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS -ODA

JUNE 25-26 GARNETT, KS/SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS -OBRA

JULY 23-24 MANSFIELD, AR -OBRA

AUG. 13-14 CENTRALIA, IL -ODA

SEPT. 8-11 McALESTER, OK/NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS -OBRA

SEPT.17-18 QUINCY, IL -ODA

Hope this helps a bit. NBRA has a couple races in IL that you might be able to make. With NBRA tow money you might find it worth while. Great group of people and the racing is excellent.

Alan
    Last edited by OldRacerBU; 07-13-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Race dates

The race at Lucas Oil Speedway was canceled sometime ago Good chance it will happen next year.Don`t want anybody confused.
      Art K

Comment

• Originally posted by Art K View Post
        The race at Lucas Oil Speedway was canceled sometime ago Good chance it will happen next year.Don`t want anybody confused.
        Art K
        I was just going to ask about that.. Boy I would love to shoot for that one next year.. Hopefully you will get a definate date soon for next year so we can plan???
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave M View Post
          David,

You run your gas at your $5.00.
          That's ALL I want to do.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

• if you can get a big sponser as you guys have,,, run it..... if people wanna ***** they shouldnt race .. dont race it,, jeeze.. anything we can get for boat raceing is a plusss,,, my 2 cents,,, i think you guys did great,,,, koodoos,,,cheyney

Comment

• Midwest

Originally posted by proprider View Post
              Hey Dave, when will NBRA be conducting races in the Indiana/Michigan/Ohio arena? I don't have the funds to drive to the current west/western midwest locations that NBRA currently races at. I would gladly "jump ship" if the races were closer. I've raced with alot of those guys at the end of the AOF era, and I agree, they are a lot of fun to compete with.
              Joe,

A couple races in the area are prolly closer than you think. Centrallia Il is, I am guessing of course, around the same for you to travel to as Constantine ? And you will be paid for your efforts to get there.

As for the other, we talked about that at Constantine. hang tight.

All it really takes is for any club to simply sanction a race as an NBRA race. That club has to join NBRA just as they do in APBA. But the fee is much less if nothing has changed. So there could be races anywhere in the U.S. if a club wants to do it. Currently there are clubs on the west coast and the east coast in addition to the current clubs, I was told. I don't think they have sanctioned a race yet, but are in talks.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• nbra race on the west coast,,, possibly part of the ethanol challenge series??!!,,mmm,,, more to come ime sure,,

Comment

• Open Forum Benefits - I Learned Things From This Thread

I think that this thread has helped me with some of my '82 Mercury outboard fuel problem issues through the overall discussion about replacement fuel line materials and pump parts. I will seek out the silver-colored replacement line for my recreational ski boat's motor.

I have had some problems using ethanol-blended fuel in all of my two-cycle motors (power mower, chain saw, etc.). I now use a non-blended gas that I get from my fuel supply sponsor to clean my 2-cycle motors out before I store them for the winter months or long periods of no use. Most local small airports should have non-blended gasoline available to purchase (most require that you bring in an industrial quality, safety-certified metal fuel container in for aviation gas fuel fill-ups; spring-loaded, safety latch metal fuel cans are sold at most industrial safety equipment suppliers.)

The new fuels now being offered by most gasoline fuel suppliers do not have a long storage shelf life. The new ethanol-blended fuels with chemical detergent additives sold today need to be used up in a shorter time period than the older formula blends. The 2-cycle oil you use also makes a quite a difference. Oils with too high of a detergent percentage may actually accelerate the interaction of alcohol with aluminum, leaving gummy blue-green or gray-colored deposits in carburetors, fuel lines, and fuel vapor passages.

Since I run methanol-fueled motors now for O-250 and O-125 racing, I must clean out my powerhead cylinders and carbs after every race. I use Marvel Mystery Oil for fogging down the motor -- it coats well and helps to displace the residuals left by the methanol fuel. Pull the kill switch, remove the spark plugs, and turn the motor over while spraying oil in the full-open carb throat(s) until you see light pink clouds of oil vapors coming out of the spark plug holes.

BTW - I don't see PRO classes listed in the thread links to NBRA. Does NBRA ever run any PRO classes?

Great job in landing the race series sponsorship and prize money. The sponsor's rep sounds like he is a good person to give feedback to from 2-cycle motor users since he asked you to be "blunt" and not hold back on your comments. We need more boat race sponsors to keep the sport alive and worth driving to in these economic downturn times.

Al
                  Last edited by Al Peffley; 07-13-2011, 11:00 AM. Reason: typo and text adds

Comment

• No Pro boats in NBRA

Comment

• Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                      No Pro boats in NBRA

NBRA also does not run flat bottoms. That's the main reason why SLORA & NWC were both AOF clubs in the beginning, because there were so many Pro Boats and Flat's in the area. When NWC started sanctioning races under the NBRA flag they would run Special Event classes and included the Pro Boats and Flat Bottoms at their local races. I raced NBRA many times when NWC was promoting AOF & NBRA races in the area. All points were local points only when run under the NBRA special event. But NWC always put on good events.
                      Sattler Racing R-15
                      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                      TEAM VRP
                      The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

• Centralia IL Raccoon Lake 2011

Only 4 weeks until The Centralia IL Raccoon Lake Race. The will be 8th year of racing here and it is one of the best protected courses around. We will have testing on Friday the 12th from 10:00-5:00, and testing before race time on Saturday the 13th. There will be no testing on Sunday and racing at 1:00. More to come on the schedule and $$$Tow/Prize money. Please make reservations Now at the Americas Best Inn 618-533-1300 ask for the boat race block of rooms.

Alan Owen V-25
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice poster

Comment

• Centralia

Last year was a great event. The hard work of Alan Owen and the rest of the NBRA team relly makes this a great place to race. Looking forward to anonther great event. The park is great and is racer friendly for camping. We will be there with a couple hydros and might even bring a runabout!

Alan van Weele

Comment

• Poster Power

Wow, that is awesome ,,, i got dibs on it after the race . Do i have to climb the Bilboard to get it down ? Way to go Alan . I actualy got chills from that one . I never seem to run very well there but maybe this year the snakes won't bite and i won't have to drive with a broken wrist . Fun meter gets pegged at this race no matter how i run . Looking foward to this one Alan and thanks for your never ending hard work .
                              Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

• A MOD runabout

We finished setting up a new Speedliner M-510 to run at the long course nationals. David and I built the boat a couple years ago and hopefully we can get a few boats on the water so we can race. Are other folks bringing A MOD rigs to the race? Hopefully we will have a great turnout and a great race. PS!!! New C MOD boat construction is moving along well also and might make it to the nationals also.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X