20 SSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 SSH

The Sidewinder, And Kyle Bahl made all the Yamato's look real bad in 20 SSH. It ran more like a CSH. Is it time to say good bye to the Yamato's in 20s ?
    Last edited by tim king; 06-13-2016, 09:30 AM.

Tim............consult the Stock Outboard Chairman, perhaps he should officially be made aware of your observations and consider convening one of those pesky 'parity/competition committee's' if warranted. Make your voice 'officially heard"......just a thought.

Comment

I have three 80s, I hope my days is not over.

Comment

Being a member of the SORC, I can tell you that there are no plan for any parity in this class. The SORC decided in January that they would not make an engine of choice in this class. At the time it was really between the Yamato 300 series and the Sidewinder, the Yamato 80 was not even in the discussion. It was voted down to make the Yamato 300 series the engine of choice. The re-vote was to name both the Yamato 300 series and the Sidewinder 20 as co-engines of choice, it passed I believe 10-2. Don't agree with the vote and voted against it. I think having 2 engines of choice just confuse people and hurt more than it helps. If the vote came out as the Sidewinder being the engine of choice, than so be it. I just feel we need one engine so it sends a clear picture of where we are heading.

Congrats to Kyle, I know they have worked hard at it.

Hydro Doc, having pretty fast 80 engines I can tell you that we know if we want to run with the likes of Kelly, Pater, Holt we need a 300 series. As for the Sidewinders being faster than them, only time will tell.

Hinton should answer a lot of questions.
        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Racerkyle20
          Racerkyle20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Don!

It makes no difference to me. He may just have this thing dialed in. Let's just hope it don't end up like the ASH. And in order to win you need to go bye yourself a Sidewinder.

Comment

This one was over.

Comment

You what would be "over" if the SW becomes clearly faster in 20ssH? Races where you have 12-17 boats in the class. That's what we had at the Winter Nationals and at the SO Central Divisionals.
            Conversely...5-6 BSR/BSH at each event. And around 6-8 ASR/ASH at each.

Comment

Congratulations to Kyle and Pat. Great start, Kyle. After three years of spent (wasted) entry fee money, three boats in as many years and no doubt, a steady stream of $400. props, you finally won one. For people that know how to get on the podium, you have to have a lot of patience and desire to attain any level of accomplishment as an underdog. Just today I started my 4th boat for this class hopefully to have it ready for Hinton. I also have four times as many props as wins.We've won a few races in the past couple of years in 20SSH but we haven't yet been really competitive on the national level. We're getting there. The next step is the hardest. Nothing is over!

Comment

I'm not taking anything away from Kyle's driving he's a very good driver and knows how to get a good starts. It's just when you start on Tony Lombardo's outside and drive away from him. I just don't know? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpF6EDRlJTk

Comment

Thanks Tim for posting the videos from Oroville. As stated above Pat and I have worked very hard to get where we are now. It was not/is not easy. Winning never is. While we won this race and a few is region 10 this year, we are still working to get faster (as most competitors are) and just this year have found a solid combination. While guys with yamatos (302 and 80) like Holt, Allen, JMK, etc have their combinations working for them for the last 10+ years. We are on year 4 and still have work to do.

For me winning the west divisional in 20 was really cool, but I was more happy for Patrick than even myself. He has been the driving force on our team to get this project going in the right direction. We could not have done it without a few folks who already know who they are as well.

Look forward to the challenge that is Nationals to see where we stack up. Like John said above the next step is the hardest!
                  Last edited by Racerkyle20; 06-14-2016, 02:54 AM.
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Here is a look at the other side of the country. 20SSH at the North East Divisionals this past weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joobPE4Tpcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Koy2IRN4NM
                    Last edited by racer3j; 06-14-2016, 05:26 AM.
                    Dylan Runne

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                      Thanks Tim for posting the videos from Oroville. As stated above Pat and I have worked very hard to get where we are now. It was not/is not easy. Winning never is. While we won this race and a few is region 10 this year, we are still working to get faster (as most competitors are) and just this year have found a solid combination. While guys with yamatos (302 and 80) like Holt, Allen, JMK, etc have their combinations working for them for the last 10+ years. We are on year 4 and still have work to do.

For me winning the west divisional in 20 was really cool, but I was more happy for Patrick than even myself. He has been the driving force on our team to get this project going in the right direction. We could not have done it without a few folks who already know who they are as well.

Look forward to the challenge that is Nationals to see where we stack up. Like John said above the next step is the hardest!
                      Driving a Don 'Dewey" Anderson Dart Craft is like cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by DeanFHobart; 06-14-2016, 08:09 AM. Reason: More Info
                      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

This is like comparing apples to oranges. I would assume Kyle is hitting 66-68 mph in testing, because at 1/2" under the bottom of the boat one guy has hit 69.7 and may have cracked the 70 barrier. With the gear case profile of the SW it is literally a point and shoot boat, so much easier to drive especially through the corners. People are messing with a class that has worked for years with the most registered APBA entries. It's been a great starting point for a lot of people because of the price point. However, with the SW costing $5000 what's the message being sent here? I thought the original intent of the 20SW was to be a replacement for the Hotrod and be a stand alone motor in its own class? The race video speaks for itself and if the engine were jacked up another 1/2" it would be no contest. I personally don't like restricting the motor in anyway whether it be through motor height or otherwise. Anyways it is what it is.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                          Matt Dagostino commented
                          Editing a comment
                          again........contact the SORC chairman and present your concerns. When the ballot was put out in 2014-15 did you vote to keep the Sidewinder out of the class? I did. But it appeared the other 100 plus registered 20ssh drivers saw fit not to vote hence here we are. The Sidewinder 20ci was allowed to be jacked up to one inch height from it's original height of 1 3/8th a few years ago lead by Chairman Brewster's 'compitition/parity committee'. Perhaps after data is gathered it may be time to re-visit the issue. Just saying. Guess that's why we have a SORC looking out for the best interest of the majority?

68MPH? In your dreams.
                        28-R

Comment

Kyle, I don't think it's that far fetched, that is how fast your CSR is going.
                          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Working...
                          X