Osy 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question

I have a question on the 302. What is the advantage, if any, to a 302 that has a fuel pump and remote tank. The one I am getting has a tank that mounts in the boat. Is this motor still be legal in OSY?

I appreciate all the help! Thank you all!

RussW

sigpic
    SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

The remote tank gives a lower center of gravity. But introduces new potential for fuel flow headaches. There are bigger thing to running well before worring about these finer details.
      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Fuel pump

I agree with Pop's,the fuel pump does give you headaches
        at times.Check with Scot Reed or Ron,they can help you on it.
        Tom

Comment

As far as legality, Jesus, the fuel pump remote tank set up is legal in the APBA version of OSY 400. As a rule of thumb, the APBA OSY 400 engine specs follow the APBA C stock engine specs for the 302.

Nice response PopPop!
          Twisted Sister

Comment

boat

Well, Billy & Laurie Allen got the boat safely to Raleigh. Marshall Eldredge brought it safely to Florida, and we picked it up tonight. Thank you Allens, Eldredges, and Mr. Giles. Didn't have anything to set it on when we got home so I borrowed my wife's dining room table. It goes to the warehouse tomorrow night.

Hey Bill, this is the fanciest dining room table I have ever seen!
            Attached Files

sigpic
            SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Hydros, runabouts?

Where would one look to see more on this?
              RichardKCMo
              Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
              I believe that UIM "O" classes allow for open design with no recognition of hydro or runabout.
              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Hey man that boat has really cute elbows.
                Twisted Sister

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                  I think you have been given some very good advice and there are plenty of folks willing to help. You will find that this sport is unlike any other. The people will bend over backwards to get you on the race course. It's a great community. I'd recommend the 302. It's the newest version of the 25.5 CI Yamato. It started out a little slower than the 102 but now most everyone has broken the code and they are out front. The 102s are getting old. My 102 Mod (CMod) is getting to the point that parts are becoming an issue. The 302 pistons must have the ring alignmet pin moved to make them compatible with the 102. 102 pistons are about all gone. Bottom line is get a 302 and jump onboard. Jack
                  Jack-

I'm new to the sport - looking at getting into CSH - eventually CMH... I am in the Seattle area and talking to Ric M about getting a 302 and having him tune it up. Question - you mentioned modifying (moving) the 302 ring alignment pins - would you recommend that as part of tuning up a new engine? Ric hadn't heard of that before...

Thanks and VERY receptive to any recommendations!

Shane in DuPont, WA

Comment

Pin

Originally posted by Shane_B View Post
                    Jack-

I'm new to the sport - looking at getting into CSH - eventually CMH... I am in the Seattle area and talking to Ric M about getting a 302 and having him tune it up. Question - you mentioned modifying (moving) the 302 ring alignment pins - would you recommend that as part of tuning up a new engine? Ric hadn't heard of that before...

Thanks and VERY receptive to any recommendations!

Shane in DuPont, WA
                    That's is to make the 302 piston compatable to be used in a 102 mate .

Lots of CMH this year in Seattle including me .

Steve A

CMH. 61R
                    Short Fuze Racing
                    Team Darneille
                    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Steve is correct. In order to use the 302 pistons in a 102 for which pistons are almost totally unavaiable, the ring pin must be relocated . Sorry to have caused any confusion. Rick will take care of you. Jack usflag:

Comment

Thanks Steve & Jack - pardon my ignorance, just trying to gain as much information on the 302 (and all facets of the sport) as possible. Appreciate the clarification - makes sense.

Shane

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
                          Joe Pemberton is selling a boat you may want to consider, Matt Arlt built it super light and unless you have been running marathons, this is the type of boat that will fit your shoulders.....also for the long run and ease of maintenance I would look at a 302 it will be legal the longest and accepted in most categories.... you could race that rig alot.
                          Scott
                          Wonder how dis rig has done since ....sold??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lQIX8Y4im0
                          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 01-15-2011, 05:52 AM.
                          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
                          X