Osy 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real UIM OSY

The name of the class is "OSY 400 Hydroplane." That's why you can't run a runabout.

OSY = Outboard Stock Yamato (which means any yamato outboard is legal including the 20).

In the APBA version of OSY 400 there is no minimum weight. However, in the REAL UIM OSY 400 Hydroplane class the minimum weight in the UIM rulebook is in kilograms - converted it comes out to about 365 to 370 pounds.

Also, no blue printing or gearfoot shaping is allowed. There has never been a REAL OSY race run in the United States. We simply run the APBA version, which would not be legal anyplace else in the world.

We should be careful when advising new drivers to differentiate between the real UIM OSY 400 Hydroplane class and the ABPA waterdowned version.

Twisted Sister
    Twisted Sister

Comment

good info

Originally posted by L. Allen View Post
      The name of the class is "OSY 400 Hydroplane." That's why you can't run a runabout.

OSY = Outboard Stock Yamato (which means any yamato outboard is legal including the 20).

In the APBA version of OSY 400 there is no minimum weight. However, in the REAL UIM OSY 400 Hydroplane class the minimum weight in the UIM rulebook is in kilograms - converted it comes out to about 365 to 370 pounds.

Also, no blue printing or gearfoot shaping is allowed. There has never been a REAL OSY race run in the United States. We simply run the APBA version, which would not be legal anyplace else in the world.

We should be careful when advising new drivers to differentiate between the real UIM OSY 400 Hydroplane class and the ABPA waterdowned version.

Twisted Sister
      Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of the gear case and blue printing stuff.

Will you be coming to Raliegh this weekend? I believe the Allen family has my new baby in their trailer.

It has been a few years since I raced but I am looking forward to the CSH/OSY experience.

Russ Waterson

sigpic
      SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Your baby is all snug in the trailer.
        As soon as I finish reading the UIM rule book, I'll check on her and see if she needs changing or burping.
        Twisted Sister

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Ms.Allen,
          Thank you for the wonderful care. Bill says she likes to be scratched under the sponsons right where the air traps connect. It puts her to sleep. Seriously though, I know you guys will get her to Raleigh safely and I thank you!

Thanks to everyone who has posted and PM'd about this new venture. Doug McAlarney has already lined up several motors for me to choose from and the offers of help are coming in steadily from across the country.

It has been about 7 years or so since I quit racing so I am approaching it all as a new driver. I will be asking tons of questions!

I can't thank everyone enough!

Russ W.

sigpic

Comment

Twisted Sister
            I believe that UIM "O" classes allow for open design with no recognition of hydro or runabout.
            David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
              I believe that UIM "O" classes allow for open design with no recognition of hydro or runabout.
              Don't argue with The Twisted Sister.
              Ryan Runne
              9-H
              Wacusee Speedboats
              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

When Billy delivered my new boat. A wonderfull piece out of the Lambertville Pallet factory. With the West finish still tacky and 3 brand new holes in it. The Team Scott eratic driving techniques of Mr Jeff Thompson and company seemed to have the baby shifting positions all the way to Michigan. Hope they got new shocks on the trailer Russ. Maybe Twisted sister is a better driver and your ok Mikey
                mike ross

Comment

????

I feel so much better now. Thank you.

sigpic

Comment

Dear Jesus,

No worries, really!!!

Haven't you heard?

I'm a real mutha.

Twisted Sister
                    Last edited by L. Allen; 10-02-2007, 03:40 AM.
                    Twisted Sister

Comment

Twisted Sister,

I think Russ' boat colors should be Blue and Grey!

Doug.

Comment

Dear Jesus,

No worries, really!!!

Haven't you heard?

I'm a real mutha.

Twisted Sister
                        We have never had a conversation face to face although we did nod at each other at Ocoee when you were wearing a strange west coast hat. I have every bit of trust in you and your family. From my years in racing in the North East I got to know the Allen name well and I respect the entire Allen family. No worries on this end!

Hope you guys have a safe trip to Raleigh and back!

I am planning on having all the CSH/OSY stuff ready for Ocoee if I can reduce my shoulder width. Scott is concerned about my shoulders. I am going to ask him to be my fitness trainer along with Richard Simmons.
                        (just picking on you Scott, you are a class act)

sigpic

Comment

Best of luck to you and see you in the pits one of these days.

Laurie
                          Twisted Sister

Comment

Russ i was actually very happy to get the boat. It was 5 days before the nationals and it was suppose to be done months before it arrived. The cost of shipping was FREE!!!!. So I couldn't complain. We went home painted it up(looked as good as new) and won the nationals with it 5 days later. It was a great story to tell that week. And watch that twisted sister. She corrupted me way back when i was just a teenager. Ryan be carefull. She is experienced now and could be trouble when kept warm. Mikey
                            mike ross

Comment

RRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

You can't tie down a wet boat with no handles.
                              Right, Broccoli?
                              Twisted Sister

Comment

Originally posted by mike ross View Post
                                Russ i was actually very happy to get the boat. It was 5 days before the nationals and it was suppose to be done months before it arrived. The cost of shipping was FREE!!!!. So I couldn't complain. We went home painted it up(looked as good as new) and won the nationals with it 5 days later. It was a great story to tell that week. And watch that twisted sister. She corrupted me way back when i was just a teenager. Ryan be carefull. She is experienced now and could be trouble when kept warm. Mikey
                                I figured you were just messing with me. I have the highest respect for the Allens and the Bowmans.

I remember many races putting decks on in the pits, putting motors together in the motel room, all great memories. It would be cool to have a thread about stuff like that.

Now I need to buy kevlar, jacket, props, e.t.c.,... If anybody knows of any please keep me in mind.

Russ W.
                                352-799-4035

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X