Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSR? I thought you said the largest non Yamato class

Comment

[QUOTE=dt 01]I put in ALOT of money for that new clock for CORA......i hate that old clock Seaside was even worse....

Try the BSOA clock, but it's off the other way, cross the line with 2 seconds left and your legal

BUT, everyone starts on the same clock
      Last edited by ricochet112; 08-17-2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

It's all in the fine print

Originally posted by ricochet112
        CSR? I thought you said the largest non Yamato class
        Non Yamato HYDRO class. Just trying to keep the 20/OSY/CSH guys from getting all the $$.
        Moby Grape Racing
        "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Awesome!

Cool i'll have a chance at maybe $200! You know i am a poor college student. . That's great about CSR though considering there's been at least 4 races i can count were there was only 3!

Kyle
          20-R
          Kyle Bahl
          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

hmmmmmmmmm........

Originally posted by Racerkyle20
            Cool i'll have a chance at maybe $200! You know i am a poor college student. . That's great about CSR though considering there's been at least 4 races i can count were there was only 3!

Kyle
            20-R
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Dsh?

"Daren Goehring
              63-R
              20SSH/CSH/CSR/CMH/DSH soon"

Where are you getting a DSH from?
              Kyle Bahl
              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

I'm confused

Originally posted by Racerkyle20

Kyle
                20-R
                Poor college student I thought you worked at McDonalds? As long as you pay your money I didn't know you needed to go to class at Wazoo Kyle See you tomorrow at Silver Lake.

Jim

Comment

The numbers are in

First I need to thank once again the Henleys for letting us put on a race at the most beautiful site anywhere. Sitting on the dock in the morning watching the fog burn off the lake, listening to the cows, and watching my bobber bob harmlessly in the water is the best. Thanks also to Larry and the Oberto corp for their support, as well as Ron Jones Jr. and the anonymous "racers supporting racers" that made sure that every J racer walked away with a trophy, a T shirt AND a gift certificate. And to think someone wanted the J's to boycott

Was the Stock Hydro Challenge a success? I'm going to have go with a pretty strong yes, even though my driver finished "out of the money" It's hard to say wether it increased entries at all, and that was sort of the primary purpose. Last year we had a non-record race, with Powder Puff racing, and we had 118 entries. This year with a record course, cash prizes, and no Powder Puff we had 131 entries (just about the biggest turnout in the 7 years we've been racing). I know lack of Powder Puff cost about 10 entries from last year. The question we'll never know the answer to is was the 23 entry increase due to the record course, the prize money, or some other factor or combination thereof. I can tell you that the driving wasn't any more aggressive as far as I could tell, and it was a real pleasure to hand $100 dollar bills to a couple college students (who can always use the help) and a couple dark horse winners in CSH and DSH.

In summary, everyone had a good time, no one go hurt, turf boat races, fishing, potluck dinners, some fantastic close racing (unlimited drivers J Michael Kelly and JW Myers deck to deck in DMH was a beauty), great weather (for everythng but setting records), one of the best race committees ever assembled, couldn't ask for anything more. See ya next year, Tony
                  Moby Grape Racing
                  "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Tony - I knew I was going to feel bad about missing this one. I sure wish I could have been there. Sounds like it really turned out great. You can add myself to the count for next year, and its looking like my brother will be getting his feet wet soon and that may be another. Nice job!!
                    Sean Byrne

Comment

I heard a rumor..

that team Byrne (sp?) was about to double in size. We missed you this weekend, 20SS was down to about 6 boats Sunday after Jimi O got tired of burning up motors . Will we be seeing the whole team at Lawrence?
                      Moby Grape Racing
                      "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

That too bad about the oberto motors. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll be back soon.

Yes, team Byrne will be there. I'm trying to get a boat ready for my brother Dan as well. He picked up a B&H and a 302, and I think Dan will try his first race there. The plan is to have it ready for this weekend so he can get used to the boat before the race. Looks like I'm going to have to call my younger brother to help rope motors if were both in the same race.
                        Sean Byrne

Comment

Younger brother?

If you have another brother, sounds like what you really need is another boat. We'll find ropers for you.
                          Moby Grape Racing
                          "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

good plan, however, I don't think you could get my younger brother in a hydro. I think all he would be good for is in the pits helping us get started. But, I've been wrong before. We'll have to wait and see
                            Sean Byrne

Comment

I can't speak for the 305 camp BUT

[QUOTE=seanp3]That too bad about the oberto motors. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll be back soon.

I can give you about a 95% gaurantee they'll be at Lawrence with a truck full of stuff that will be faster than ever. As my son would say, that's just how they roll.
                              Moby Grape Racing
                              "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

One more post

I just finished the financials on the race, and despite the fact that the cost for insurance, mailing, sanicans and resort rental went up, and the fact that we gave away $500 in prize money, the race made a significant amount of money for the club. Thanks everyone for coming out.
                                Moby Grape Racing
                                "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Working...
                                X