Big Anouncement - Racing for $$$'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Anouncement - Racing for $$$'s

I am proud to announce that for the first time in at least 10 years, Region 10 racers (and anyone else that shows) will be racing for cash. This will happen at the Henley Memorial Record Regatta and Stock Hydro Challenge, Aug 19th & 20th at Silver Lake in Eatonville, WA. Due to the generosity of our sponsors the original plan was to run ASH, CSH and DSH with a $100 prize for 1st place (hence the Stock Hydro Challenge). The idea was to reward the classes that have consistently high boat counts.

We have since had another sponsor step up to sponsor the DSH and D Mod classes. This allows me to truly implement the original idea. The extra $100 will go to the winner of the non-J (including K Pro), non Yamato hydro class with the largest number of entries! Could it be ASR with Guido, J Mike and the Oregon boys bringing their A stuff? Could it be CSR with Cass and Ken stepping up? Could it be 350 hydro with K Dub and Lee pushing them over the top? Could it be FEH, Antique C, or one I haven't thought of yet? The answer to all of the above is yes. My suggestion is if you want to race for the dough, contact your class rep and drivers and tell them to get their boats to the race. See you all at George and Mary's place,

Tony 31R (for about 3 weeks
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

A little clarification

Hey, just thought of a way to help put my dads second paragraph in other (possibly more understandable) terms. Basically he doesn't want kids racing for money which explains the no J, no K-Pro deal. And while he wants to reward the classes with high entries he doesn't want to give the money to the same bunch of guys. Basically we all know that CSH, 20SSH, and OSY will be the biggest classes of the weekend, and he already has CSH in there so he doesn't want all the people that run 2-3 of those classes getting multiple shots at $$$.

Hope this helps, and way to go dad!
    Mike 32-R

Comment

If we are racing for money, does this mean we are professionals? Just wanting a little clarification - that would be one hell of a pickup line... "Yea, I race boats...professionally..." Just think of the closing ratio...
      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499
        If we are racing for money, does this mean we are professionals? Just wanting a little clarification - that would be one hell of a pickup line... "Yea, I race boats...professionally..." Just think of the closing ratio...
        hahaha.... i don't know you, but your funny!
        "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Professional outboarders

I think there would be 2 qualifications involved. First, you have to win the money, and second you would have to be able to live off your winnings. I think if you can live on $100 (or $500 if you win them all), you deserve to call yourself a pro. I'm just wondering how many chicks you can pick up for $100 these days
          Moby Grape Racing
          "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

race for cash

How is it fare to the younger drivers not to be included in the cash prises for there efforts. Any cash prises should be passed around through all classes that compete. In my opion the J-classes and the K-PRO class should bocot your events . To show how unfair your policy is.

Comment

money on the line!

heck this will be like cal/ore white water river racing!!
              Im use to that!
              didn't win a dam cent
              BUT SURE THRASHED A LOT OF PROPS,KONIG CASES,BOATS
              MARC
              M-58 RR50H
              R-58 350CCH
              Marc
              R-58
              vrp/sattler power

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by propnuts
                I'm just wondering how many chicks you can pick up for $100 these days
                If you could, I would recommend staying clear of them
                Sattler Racing R-15
                350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                TEAM VRP
                The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Just wanting a little clarification - that would be one hell of a pickup line... "Yea, I race boats...professionally..." Just think of the closing ratio...
                  Not unless you run the pro class.....and I don't mean the antiques.

and yes, chicks dig pro drivers
                  Sattler Racing R-15
                  350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                  TEAM VRP
                  The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

First of all Ratracer, thank you for your post, I'm glad that you care enough to voice your opinion. I can think of a number of reasons why kids racing for money would be a bad idea, but I'll give you 2 for starters. In Seattle Outboard Association we have a reduced entry fee schedule for our junior racers that have them paying about 1/2 price entry fees. It wouldn't be fair to have them competing for the same cash prizes as those paying full entry fees. Also the junior classes will be the only ones racing for trophies, which is probably more important than money to some of the younger racers. It is my belief that our young racers should be concentrating on watching flags, making good starts etc., not nescesarily on results. I have been told by some that having ANYONE racing for money is a bad idea, they tell me racers will drive too hard and too aggressive. I hope they're wrong, if not this will be the last year for this program. I hope when you hit A Stock age you can come to a race for money here, until then keep working on those starts, Tony
                    Moby Grape Racing
                    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Well Tony since I am well above A-Stock age and well above A wieght i wont be competeing any time soon. I do feel your reasons have some merit and yes racers do tend to be more aggresive when racing for money . that still is no reason to deni the younger racers from that chance to win some money . My granddoughters are 10 and 13 and do very well for the time they have had in there race boats . We are teaching them to be good sportsmen and win or lose to have a good time and come in after each heat safe. Since you do offer reduced entry fees to your younger drivers a pro rated cash winnings would be just as reasonable. Yes the kids do like trophys but a little cash some times is a added bonus.

Comment

just think of the closing ratio if Jimi let you drive the BIG red and green boat
                        Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                        sigpic
                        Portland, Oregon
                        Johnson Racing

Comment

Originally posted by ratracer
                          My granddoughters are 10 and 13 and do very well for the time they have had in there race boats . We are teaching them to be good sportsmen and win or lose to have a good time and come in after each heat safe. Since you do offer reduced entry fees to your younger drivers a pro rated cash winnings would be just as reasonable. Yes the kids do like trophys but a little cash some times is a added bonus.
                          Since this program is running on a kind of trial basis this year, I won't say never. We'll see how this goes and adjust as necessary next year. As the guy that's been paying entry fees for years I hear you about a little cash being a bonus.
                          Moby Grape Racing
                          "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

is it urban legend or true that a student is not eligable for sports if they win money in any sport, even if its not the same sport???

Comment

tony, well done!!!!!

i ,as a parent of young ones don't want them racing for cash as of yet, and fully agree with your reasoning. these kids need to learn the ins and outs of racing before putting $$$ in front of them. and ratracer the boycotting comment far, far too harsh for this subject. you're on to something, keep up the great work in our region. for futures sake perhaps a few bucks to the parents of the young ones for a little tow money, saomething simple like that, but i think your formula for the initial trial is spot on. but really the reduced entry pretty much takes care of that. kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X