Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top O' Michigan Marathon Nationals Are Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Crunch Time!!!

The TOMORC members are scheduled to be at the pits tomorrow morning to set up for THE WORLDS TOUGHEST OUTBOARD RACE in beautiful Indian River!

Even if you can't make it to race jump in the car and come say hello to your boat racing friends and grab a prime spot along the river to watch some super boat racing action. But be warned, just watching this race can put your need for speed into overdrive!

HOPE TO SEE YOU SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!!

Comment

Saturday Racing

Great racers, weather and fans made for a super Saturday full of Top O' marathon boat racing. One SLT blowover (still waiting to get the full story) and a few boats that were not as pretty as when they started but all in all a great day.

Sunday promises to offer more of the same as racers tackle the southern part of this very demanding course. Stop in to watch if you get the opportunity!!

Comment

Results!

This is what i know for saturday

CSR: 1st - Tim Ross; 2nd - Rich Runne
        DSR: 1st - Josh Pearson
        JR: 3rd (?) Dylan Runne
        "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

JR was Peter Lauer
          ASR-Amanda Hagerl
          BSR- Chris Hagerl
          25ssr-Jamie Park
          CSR-Time Ross
          DSR-Josh Pearson
          Bandit-10?
          Outlaw-?
          X-Bryan Lauer and Ken Honeysette

Tomorrow should be a little more interesting-hopefully a little more chop

Comment

Just got back from the race,We were at the bridge just before Alanson.It was awesome the 25 guys were running strong and everybody racing looked like they were having way to much fun.Great show and we are definatly going to run our slt their next year.Chris and Amanda,Say hi to your dad for me and will see you in Big Rapids.Thanks,Bob Van Dusen
            Bob

Comment

Its In The Books!

GREAT RACE GUYS AND GALS!

Another fantastic weekend of Top O' Michigan boat racing is now in the record books and has become a part of the rich history of the worlds greatest outboard marathon!

The famous Top O' weather again helped make many wonderful memories for racers, freinds, families and fans from across the country and in this case around the world. All of todays racers finished the traditional Sunday swing of the marathon with no injuries other than a few bruised egos and word in the pits was that Julie Cupps, who injured her leg when she and husband John's SLT blew over on Saturday, is doing well.

I am sure that in the proper place and at the proper time many of you will hear lots of stories about this weekends race. While the waves were not really six feet high and the rivers are never only three feet wide the level of generousity, respect and concern for others and the sport shown by this years participants really did reach into the stratosphere. As a group they are, without exception, supurb representatives of the APBA and a credit to and the boat racing community as a whole.

While I can not speak for the TOMORC I am sure they would all extend their thanks to all who attended. Without you it just doesn't happen. A big thanks to the members of the Top O' Michigan Outboard Racing Club themselves who work so hard to make this event a fantastic part of our northern Michigan summer! Special thanks to Darrell Sorensen for bringing our new friends from Equador.

As I don't have a complete list of winners I will leave that to someone who does and is willing to share them.

Stay safe, enjoy the rest of your season and remember "THE 2007 TOP O' MICHIGAN MARATHON NATIONALS ARE ONLY A YEAR AWAY!"
              Last edited by kevinj; 08-13-2006, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Great race this weekend. 75 entries, 26 C Runabouts. Tim Ross won for the 10th year. The Ecuadorians all finished both days.

Comment

Fyi

in case nobody noticed McCourtie boats won 4 of the 6 runabout classes
                  J - Stephen McCourtie - Built by Kurt McCourtie
                  B - Chris Hagerl - Built by Ed McCourtie
                  C - 1st Dewey Ross(10th win in a row increasing his record) 2nd Worm Runne Both boats built by Kurt McCourtie
                  25SSR - 1st Jamie Park built by Kurt McCourtie 3rd Jimmy Kerr in Broge's boat a Broge/Kurt McCourtie collaboration
                  Retired racer turned bartender

Comment

The CSR start was somthing to see. 27 boats grand prix starting off the beach. Yes thats right 27 C runabouts. That is almost as many as we had at Wakefield. Hopefully the CD that was produced will have all the starts and highlights. Our Friends from Ecuador did very well and you could see from how they drove they had experience in running runabouts long distance. Pillipie Adell drove Tims old 13 foot Desilva powered by a Yamato 102. On Saturday he spun out in the Indian river and was thrown from the boat in Mullett Lake and still finished 10th out of 27 starters. On Sunday he finished 5th out of 27 for an overall 7th place. Not bad for never running this 88miles of inland waterway. I was very proud of him and he is always welcome to run our 2nd rig. The 2 others also finished in the top half of the 27 boats. These guys are all super people and really enjoyed there time in northern Michigan. Special thanks goes to Rick Montoya who came in from Washington and paid for 2 of the Equadorians APBA dues and Daryl Sorrenson took care of the other drivers dues. The Top-O Club waived the entry fee for all 3 drivers which was very nice of them to do. Camp Kurz provided the gang with all the accomidations during the week they were there. This is what boat racing is all about. One big happy group helping evryone out. Thanks to all involved had a great time. Mike
                    mike ross

Comment

races were great, hopes go out to one of the drivers of an inflatable that got chopped up by the prop when she fell out, i dont know the details but i think she made it to the hospital and is doing fine now.

i have about 80 pictures from the event that i'll post later after i load them.

hey mike ross, where in commerce are you? im right down the road.. i live on white lake.

Comment

John Broge

It should also be mentioned that many of the drivers donated there prize money back the John Broge family. Thanks to all who donated...

Comment

yeah and thanks to all the people that put his number on their boats, i dont think i saw 1 boat that didn't have it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

WOW! Great picture! I can't wait to see more pics like that one!
                            Joe Silvestri
                            CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                            JH/JR

Comment

Originally posted by aeh4m
                              Tomorrow should be a little more interesting-hopefully a little more chop
                              Amanda: I think there's an old saying about "Be careful what you ask for...". Ask your parents about it; they're old and might know what I'm referring to. Ed.
                              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

As Steve Johnson says, never say oh baby oh baby, you'll get what you ask for!
                                DAVEY 18w

Comment

Working...
                                X