Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top O' Michigan Marathon Nationals Are Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top O' Michigan Marathon Nationals Are Coming!

The 2006 Top O' Michigan Marathon Nationals are getting closer.

2006 Top O' Michigan

With this years race following the Short Course Nationals in Wakefield, MI (hope lots of you make it there as well) 2006 will be a great year to attend!

The fact that all of the entry fees being put back into prizes and awards will make the Top O' one of the best paying events of this season!
    Last edited by kevinj; 06-30-2006, 06:45 AM.

TOP O Marathon Nationals

Please come up and race with us! Last year we had five J racers. We could use a few more to show the fans we are the future of APBA. No girls since amanda hagerl, several years ago has raced. Where is Amy when we need her. last year we had brent pruitt, tyler shensky, peter lauer, stephen Mcourtie and myself. Come up Thursday or Friday and I will take you down the river to show you the course. We also need more A and B boats. If you try it once you will want to come back year after year.
    Charlie Smith

Comment

???

Is your dad racing this year Charlie?
      Brett L. 156M

Comment

"J" at the Top "O" Bee

Charlie - Your a great PR man, kid , person ----- you know what I mean.

Adam Low in the 80M will be coming unless some unforseen problem happens at the Nat's.Looking forward to going. It will be our first time and hopfully many more to come. Lets see how many more we can round up at the Nat's. We plane to drop off our rig on the way back from the Nat's with one of the club members and drive back up that friday. The river tour would be greatly appreciated if we can do it with you. And don't forget everyone, that boat registration #'s are manditory for this race from what I heard. So if you don't have them go to your local secritary of state and apply for a homebuilt boat registration. See Ya
        Tom L.

Comment

As far as the race you don't need State Registration #s on your boat. Now if you go test during the week prior to the race and you get pulled over by the sheriff then you would need the State Registration #s. We have been pretty lucky as far as testing prior to the race. As long as you are operating in a safe manner I think most have tested without State Registration and had no trouble. But you never know what Sherriff will be on the lake and what kind of mood he will be in. This race has been running for so many years that most everyone knows we will be out there and I am sure that helps as far as them being a little more lienient while testing before the race. Quite a few racers will be there the whole week after the Nationals so I am sure others will test without State Registration #s. Any other help you might look up Tom Fairburn's # and ask him as he lives on Crooked Lake. Mike
          mike ross

Comment

[QUOTE= last year we had brent pruitt, tyler shensky, peter lauer, stephen Mcourtie and myself.[/QUOTE]
            its Brett Pruett

Comment

apparently i dont no how to quote someone. someone mind tellin me how?

Comment

One of these years

You know, one of these years I HAVE to give Top 'o a shot. I've been wanting to do it for a few years now, just a couple problems. A) No marathon equipment. and B) no way to stay in the midwest for an extra week.

Comment

A

if the boat gets done im racing ASR this year not J
                  Retired racer turned bartender

Comment

We will have 3 drivers from Ecuador. Have 2 C outfits as of now for them. Could have an additional 3 more drivers. Still looking for more boats. Or is there anyone needing a co-pilot in their inflateable?

Darrell

Comment

asr

me and my father will be running A

Comment

Boat for Top O

Darrell...I don't know if you got the word but I have a CSR boat that could be used by one of the guests. In order to dodge the liability issue I will "sell" the boat to whoever wants to use it for the duration of the race for $500. At the end of the race I will buy it back. Driver agrees to fix/pay for any damage. It has one tank installed but will need probably another 2 gal tank. Also, the kill switch should be moved ( I ran it at Grass Lake last year and kept kneelling on the kill switch lanyard). Nothing very complicated but I don't have the time to do it before the race as I will be gone until almost race day. Let me know if you are interested.

Bob

Comment

Bob,
                          I am sure that will work. Which boat is it? Can you find another tank so we won't have to be looking for one during the week before the race.
                          Thanks,
                          Darrell

Comment

Hi Darrell...the boat is Jason Hill's old marathon boat. It is plenty tough. I have a tank that might work but I think it is a little too small. I am really swamped right now trying to get my sailboat ready for a 3 week cruise to the North Channel in Canada. I also have a wooden tank that would be big enough but also hard to find a place for. It might be possible to fasten it in the back of the cockpit. Probably a little cramped but might work.

Bob Hartman

Comment

Darrell...I'll check tomorrow and see if the wooden tank will fit. I'll let you know.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X