We need to save the sport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercguy
    well 20SSH and CSH are not really that close to each other (4MPH difference) other than they are both Yamato classes. You can't eliminate a Yamato class, as they are the biggest classes out there. I think the 25SSH will die on its own eventually (unfortunately also for the Mercs). I think Dana nailed it quite awhile back about the class restructuring.
    I think you're right. 25ssH and CSH are very similar classes. In this case, though, I think C will dominate and eventually eliminate 25.

Allie Runne
    The Runne's: Born with plastic sporks in their mouths.

Comment

Class Restructuring

Class Restructuring ! I agree that is needed.
      Mark
      G-11
      125H
      When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
      Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Similar speed classes could be combined by lowering the motor and raising the weight of the faster of the classes to be combined.

The advantage is that all equipment would still be usable.

Another advantage would be that heavier drivers could race in a class that they can't now because they are to heavy. A combination like this would also allow some to run larger more stable boats.

As for making the plan for the future. Not a new idea. I've seen many plans over the years, but they never seem to get beyond the paper they are written on.

Bill Rosado

Comment

Hellow SORC

are you listening? Put it down to think about combining some classes for next years meetings.
          Mark
          G-11
          125H
          When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
          Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Yep

Well said David. I rmember Howie in the Hills, was not happy the majority decided to attend a dying course instead of ressurecting one in region 5. All the solutions are here, explained in full and ready for application. I wonder, by the time i'm 40, if i make it that long, will racing still be around? It's made it this far but no empire lasted forever and we can hardly call it such right now. I'm hoping for a new grapefruit circuit in the coming years. Lake Placid, Frostproof, Avon Park, Lake Wales etc.

Comment

Working...
            X