No announcement yet.

Minor project CSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the words of encouragement Dean. It doesn’t need to be perfect, just has to look good from the beach!

Comment

Very cool…. In the car world that would be described as a 10’ car. In other words it looks good from 10’ away!!! Keep up the great work. We need more people like you in our boat racing family.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

You're describing a 50/50 paint job. Fifty feet or 50 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by baries View Post
          You're describing a 50/50 paint job. Fifty feet or 50 mph.
          Exactly!

Also I should note that while the boat is a little heavy and the paint wasn't to my taste it does seem it was well cared for and looked after by the previous owners, and whoever built it seemed to do a nice job. It should make for a good solid hopefully stable boat to send out new drivers in and help test my extra motor on.

Comment

Full disclosure, I don’t know anything about wood working. I know even less about what makes a fast boat but the leading edge of the front deck was almost square so I took 20 minutes today and rounded it off to a smooth finish. Maybe that’s only a cosmetic modification but I’m happy about it.
            Also got most of the right hand coaming sanded, almost ready to put the 80 grit away and work with something a little less aggressive.
            08906561-EBFC-4397-8218-3BCB08AABCF1.jpeg

Comment

Good move on the bow shaping to round edge, every little bit helps. Sanding is good therapy. Looking good.
              "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
              No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
                Sanding is good therapy.
                I'm sure my friends would agree I need lots of sanding haha.

Comment

Letting momentum carry the project into the unknown.
                  I could tell I burned through the epoxy into the wood on several places and wanted to make sure it was sealed so I got some spraymax 2k epoxy primer and hit all those spots with a couple coats after sanding with 180grit. Will follow up with a couple coats of regular primer over the boat before sanding again then base coat.
                  887B3218-2B0B-41BA-ACF2-9E72D4792CA4.jpeg

Comment

Two things learned today, spray can filler primer sucks.

Secondly the plexiglass front cowl is not being re-installed. The boat is going under the knife. Featherfil primer filler is on order for Monday.
                    95912F32-F4F1-4788-946D-7C1C8B565336.jpeg
                    Last edited by Albert; 01-28-2023, 05:58 AM.

Comment

What surgery are you doing? Are you going to do a wood cowl?
                      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• Albert
                        Albert commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It’s going to get a fibreglass cowl, some deck work on the front and probably some work done to the rh coaming side where it’s been repaired before.

I believe this is what’s referred to as scope creep.

A visit to Herrin Choker racing hq got me a crash course in fibreglass work. A new cowl has been made but I just can’t get pictures to load.
                      Should improve looks quite a bit.

Comment

A new cowl was made today but I can’t for the life of me get pictures to load.
                        Attached Files

Comment

It’s been released on good behaviour.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Should look pretty good once trimmed and glued down.

Comment

Sometimes I get a little heavy handed.
                              the buldge has now been sanded flush with the deck and should be ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X