X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 step process

I beleive it is a 2 step processs.

New builds and existing equipment.

New builds are like everything else, up to the builder and the buyer. If it is not detachable fine, then at least round. Would a rule help, probably. At least a statement or guideline stating what the minimum acceptable requirement would be.

Retrofitting the existing fleet is tougher but not impossible. Don't worry about detachable pickles. Focus on blount/ round. How hard would it be for everyone to cut 1 inch off the tip of the pickle and glued a wooden round ball cut in 1/2 in place? Would something as simple as that, do the job? A little west and some sanding and you have a blount/ round pickle nose.

Could all this be done by Jan 07? no later than 08?

Boat builders and buyers, opinions & options for each step.
    Last edited by Brian10s; 02-02-2006, 08:31 AM.
    Brian 10s

Comment

Would my boat be legal the way it is Brain?

12M

Comment

Originally posted by CSH12M

12M
        I briefly spoke with you and your dad at the Ocoee Winter Nationals regarding your boats which have no pickels at all. What do you guys have to say about boat design?

Comment

Whos money is it?

Originally posted by hagerl8m
          Brian,

I feel the easiest way to go about this is to ask boat builders from this point forward to start making the pickles safer. If that happens the SORC will follow suit. OPC mandates that all boats must have it. So if newer boats have breakaway or deformable. Then go to older boats, don't try and change the whole thing in one try. Start with the larger classes, DSH, CSH, 20SSH, and so fourth. The faster speeds, the more chance there is to have an accident that you’re talking about avoiding. After that you might be able to convince runabout driver to do it too. Hope this helps.
          If i was to ask somebody it sure woudn't be her!! I mean whens the last time you heard anything till other one hit the floor?
          RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by CSH12M

12M
            Dean,
            Your boat and Silvestri's are just about the only 2 that will never have to worry about any of this.

But since you asked, I think we ought to make you put round pickles points on it, just so you don't feel left out.
            Brian 10s

Comment

BW, are you refering to this. By the way, that is my proud papa holding the boat.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jsilvestri; 02-02-2006, 09:00 AM.
              Joe Silvestri
              CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
              JH/JR

Comment

Moving Forward

I would be okay with moving forward, round pickles, but retrofitting I will shy from. Like you said Brian, almost impossible.

So now you have at least three builders going round, Johnson, Arlt, Giles.

Now contact the builders and see if you can get the rest to conform. There are a ton of folks to contact, Pavlick, Fralick, JDS, Watalick, Bezoats. Jerry Davids, Cronk, Sorenson, Cliff Johnson, Dale Ropp, and to many more to name. Don't forget the privateers that just build their own.

Maybe you could formalize a letter and enclose an SASE for them to send back to you to use as further evidence for your proposals.

If you can get everyone to go round, I would claim it as a victory in your book.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                X