No announcement yet.

National Meeting Updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which means if your at the min legal height at the rear of the prop shaft which is 1 and 3/8 the front can be as high as 7/8 which is a half inch differance and I dont care whos ruler you use well maybe some that come from China might be different It may not state that 7/8 measurement in the rules but that is where the 1/2 difference falls if your at 1 and 3/8 at the end of the prop shaft.
    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

There is some good logic in Sam's post. It is flawed though in the aspect that the drivers of Mercury powered 25ssR's have all but given up on going any faster. Yes, the Mercury is SUPPOSED to be the dominant motor in this class, but should victory be legislated to them, and served on a golden platter by the SORC? That is certainly not racing. At the 2004 Stock Nationals, in Whitney Point, NY, Brian Rhoded placed second with his Mercury, which was pushing a brand new boat. That was the first new Mercury powered boat I have seen in 25ssR. That was all it took to make him competitive. I believe he swapped heats not a few weeks later with Tim Ross, who had just won the nationals. Yet I watch the finals at Dayton, and I see the Mercury drivers, who are not far off the pace, and they are running old Austins, and other roll up boats of that sort. While the top Yamato drivers are running state of the art boats, and testing dozens of Propellers at a time. Some of them going to the legths of losing considerable amounts of wieght and build especially light boats, to win in this class. When I see the mercury drivers going to that level to win, then I will agree that they deserve their dominance.
      Ryan Runne
      9-H
      Wacusee Speedboats
      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

minutes

Does anyone know when the minutes will be posted?

Doug4N

Comment

Doug this is Mike and i am working on the minutes currently. It will be available soon. I have to have Ed review it so he can get all the important stuff over to APBA. If you have any specific questions give me a call at 1-810-606-8266 and i will give you a official update.
          mike ross

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc
            ***Just have APBA, AOF or NBRA make the rules and go. Make the rules ***.
            Doug: APBA, AOF and NBRA are all run by racers. Therein lies the problem with your theory. Sounds good (and I agree with it) in the abstract. But in real life, it just doesn't work.

Try submitting it to the DNC; they seem to favor that type of stuff. Ed.
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by elda nichols
              Are They Going To Let Us Run ''d Mod'' Hydro 40c.i. As A Special Event??????????????????????????????????????????? Last I Heard They Were Going To Check On It And That Was More Than A Week Ago...
              I have responded to this in another thread. But, here it is again: The 40 cu.in. Mercs will race WITH the 44's in the D Mod Hydro class. So register your 40 in DMH. However, all D Mods must indicate on the entry blank whether they are running a 40 or a 44. This is not for APBA purposes as the APBA DMH class uses BOTH engines. Thus, the trophies go to the top three regardless of engine used. HOWEVER: AOF and NBRA will assign their organization points for their drivers separately according to whether you have run a 40 or a 44. This is the reason for the designation on the entry blank.

Finally, we will NOT be running a Wakefield or Hinton-type long course at this race so the 40's should be competitive. Eddie.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

C Class

Does anyone have an update on the following (pulled from the meeting agenda)?

1. Collapsible Boat Fronts- Mandate by January 2007 all Hydroplanes and Runabouts have a 4 inch long removable /collapsible sponson tip/nose with a perpendicular bulkhead or a 3 inch round sponson tip/nose Reason Prevent injury from sharp objects.

3. C Classes
                • Technical Changes for 102/302 Parity
                • Approval of Y-202 Models

Comment

Troy, All 3 proposals failed. John 2-Z
                  John Runne
                  2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Sponson Tips

All of my new boats will have rounded sponson tips, no more pointed pickles for me.

Comment

Mod Commission Meeting

Any noise from the Mod commission meetings?
                      MOD Member77g

Comment

Originally posted by MJR
                        All of my new boats will have rounded sponson tips, no more pointed pickles for me.

Hey Marc when do we see these new hulls any photos yet ? lets see inside the new shop
                        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

[QUOTE=14J]Does anyone have an update on the following (pulled from the meeting agenda)?

1. Collapsible Boat Fronts- Mandate by January 2007 all Hydroplanes and Runabouts have a 4 inch long removable /collapsible sponson tip/nose with a perpendicular bulkhead or a 3 inch round sponson tip/nose Reason Prevent injury from sharp objects.

To MJR and all other boat builder who have decided on their own to round their pickles, I thank you (as should every other driver and family member who you might save injury).

As for the Commissions, I guess unless you have video of the issue/ potential problem to go along with a personal account, it is not worth looking into that hard. I will remember this for future proposals and will now search out any video of Saturday, Lockhaven, PA 2004.
                          Also, is there a list of proposal criteria that we can get so that we too might enter in the process of steering the sport we love. I would hate to find that video and then find out I need something else.

Brian
                          Brian 10s

Comment

Pointed Sponsons

For the hydro's this mandate may go over better if it was requirement of all new boats built after 2007 (?), as opposed to retro-fitting the existing stock of boats. Getting boat builders to voluntarily due it would be even better.

With regards to runabouts, during the PRO commission meting it was suggested that anything but a narrow nose would make PRO runabouts undriveable and/or subject to blowovers.
                            David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by 14J
                              Does anyone have an update on the following (pulled from the meeting agenda)?

• Technical Changes for 102/302 Parity
                              • Approval of Y-202 Models
                              Will this be retroactive or will it be required only on boats built after 1/07?

Dave
                              I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
                              The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

Dave E-71

Sounds like the proposal did not pass.
                                David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                                X