Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engines: What’s the plan moving forward for stock outboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engines: What’s the plan moving forward for stock outboard?

New and used engines seem to be hard to come by these days, especially 300 series yamato engines. Not sure about Sidewinder engines, haven’t heard anything in awhile. I assume Mike’s priority is to supply engines and parts to Europe first when it comes to the yamato. For some people it took 2 years to get their engine. You can’t go down to an outboard dealer to buy a motor, it is really hindering growth in stock outboard. A lot of these people have no interest in older motors for a variety of reasons. So what is the plan for engines moving forward?

Parsun China built 20-25hp 2 stroke power head. The question in what do you do with the lower unit ? If it's racing only you could import it EPA exempt...right?

Comment

Originally posted by deeougee View Post
      New and used engines seem to be hard to come by these days, especially 300 series yamato engines. Not sure about Sidewinder engines, haven’t heard anything in awhile. I assume Mike’s priority is to supply engines and parts to Europe first when it comes to the yamato. For some people it took 2 years to get their engine. You can’t go down to an outboard dealer to buy a motor, it is really hindering growth in stock outboard. A lot of these people have no interest in older motors for a variety of reasons. So what is the plan for engines moving forward?
      There is not much of a plan...if any. Unfortunately the APBA SORC is not very proactive on this subject.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Having been a long time member of the SORC, I know the challenges they face. In reality, we are going to have to go to 4 stroke powerheads in the near future if we are going to survive.

Comment

I know everybody here probably loves two strokes. But would going 4 stroke be so bad?
          A new Tohatsu 20hp is about 110lbs dry. Cam valve springs and a remap and open exhaust probably gets you to nearly 30hp.

A lower unit seems to be a great place to shave weight....

Comment

Looking for a fair to nice condition Mercury 402XS. Contact jschubert19j@gmail.com if you have one to sell or know of someone who does.

Thanks
            John

Comment

Working...
            X