Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZUL8TR
    replied
    Well looks like all the skins are being replaced, can't see other side chines to verify? In the beginning did you know all this work was to be done or just said do what is needed to get it right?

On the tunnel 7B knows from experience with or without.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    7B thanks for the comments, really was told that it was due to a rule change...but it could just be because the Carruther's always build flat bottom rear and had quite a bit of success.

Anyway remember what I said about wood disappearing and reappearing at a rapid rate?

Leave a comment:

• modracer7b
    commented on 's reply
    We had a Bezoat "C" stock (1980's) in our team (Sister's boyfriend) and he ran it both with the tunnel and without the tunnel and he liked it better without the tunnel. In the early 90's I ran it in "C" Mod with a Mercury and later a Yamato 102 and at some point, I put the tunnel back in, which he had simply filled in with epoxy and leveled. He had done an excellent job, because the filled in bottom was level and when I sanded the epoxy out, I kept the bottom to the way it came. Anyway, I did not notice much difference in performance or handling with the Mod Mercury. The only thing that seemed barely different was that the boat was a tiny bit livelier without the tunnel. The boat we had was very similar to the one being worked on except it was a little longer, more like "D" Stock, "C" Mod size.

• Albert
    replied
    121274572_199165638241558_1501005088899295612_n.jpg Honestly I just keep getting photos every few days of old sections or boat missing and new wood in its place.
    ​​​​​​

My understanding was that the notch in the bottom was to accommodate the motor hight rule which is no longer relevant. But maybe Carruthers himself will chime in on that.
    Last edited by Albert; 11-29-2020, 07:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ZUL8TR
    replied
    Almost all the skins are off, save 2 not trips and a right sponson chine, maybe those are in the to be removed?
    What was the reason that the short tunnel on the bottom rear was not put back as original? Might change the ride performance of the Bezoats?

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    You guys ever watch that video "The Front Fell Off" I guess this is kind of like that.
    121012213_180040093702238_2683382430909141801_n.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Albert; 11-29-2020, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    It progressed from there.

• ZUL8TR
    replied
    There are always enough clamps ;-) Great progress. I see the sponson bottoms removed rather than fool with rusty fasteners, good to do.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    120836362_810077929537151_164685846372583519_n.jpg Now this is progress !
    Last edited by Albert; 11-29-2020, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Received a teaser pic in which the boat really looked like it had Air traps completed. Will post soon, putting in my west systems order on Monday. Momentum is on our side, boat should be solid by the time the river freezes over for 3-4 months.

Leave a comment:

• Robert M Keogler
    commented on 's reply
    Great looking job on Boat, brings back some great old memories

• Robert M Keogler
    commented on 's reply
    Great looking job, brings back good old memories

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Looking good.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Carruthers is wasting no time on this rig, making me feel down right unproductive!
    Dean you were correct TJ has been very helpful on this project from getting me a rod and bearings and a whole bunch of other small stuff.
    120430775_999810723794602_8958368719713877506_n.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Albert; 11-29-2020, 07:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by Albert View Post

Dean,
    I have been able to track down a few more 80s locally. In various states of repair. But I think I need one running before I need to worry about a spare
    Good idea...TJ can for sure help you .... maybe even with the megaphone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X