No announcement yet.

APBA decal rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comedy show!!!! I can look at all the pictures of the boat races..either coast or mid west that have been on face book in the past month and every other picture has at least 1 boat with no APBA sticker on it. How come they did not get DQ'd?
    Last edited by DiGia54D; 06-09-2015, 10:58 AM.
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

We have a problem, our team has 9 boats, calling in.......

Comment

Many outboard racers ask for a greater degree of professionalism for this sport, in the hope that this might lead to a little money to defray some of the expense of racing. In forms of motor racing that actually have achieved professional status, nobody gives away advertising space on their vehicle. If somebody wants to put their decal on your race car, they pay for the privilege.
        Last edited by Smitty; 06-09-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I know one fellow racers boat is so ratty that he should be asked to remove his APBA stickers !!

Comment

Originally posted by hoosier View Post
            I know one fellow racers boat is so ratty that he should be asked to remove his APBA stickers !!
            When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

can someone explain the necessity for this rule ?

Comment

• bill van steenwyk
                bill van steenwyk commented
                Editing a comment
                Because they can, and it will only stop when the membership say enough, they are not going to put up with it anymore.

I would agree with a previous poster, that the inspector should have shown some common sense in the enforcement of this rule.

I would also agree with Smitty. If APBA wants us to advertise for the sanctioning body, they should pay for it.

For all you contrarians, here's a pic of our boats from a few years ago, complete with APBA supplied stickers. Can't spot them? Hydro top rear corner windshield, runabout bottom of the W. We did get hassled at the Nationals for the 00 W hydro number because they said 00 wasn't permitted. But a quick piece of white duct tape easily made it 100 W. Someone already had left enough room for it. You gotta have some creativity! The APBA stickers were provided at several APBA National meetings- I still have a bunch of them.Another A boat with plastic windshield B&H pics 005.jpg

Comment

Sam, that runabout is illegal. Another witch hunt, or should I say, another Sam Hemp hunt they were after.
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                  Matt Dagostino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don..........that little hydro (OO-W) is the one i bought and Billy raced it one last time and destroyed it and Sam had to build me a new one! Ouch.

• Big Don
                  Big Don commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Matt, I do remember, and I bought it that weekend from Sam wrecked, that was a good boat.

No offense but, I'm having a hard time believing that no matter how big a "grudge" or how insanely stupid, that a guy might be. That anyone could DQ someone for that. I may be wrong but I'm thinking there has to be more to the story. I'm a new guy, only been racing for 25 years, (and have no family history) but, I just can't believe any one person could be so mentally retarded to make a call like this???

Comment

Well last year, and ,maybe I should not fess up, I only got one sticker with my membership and that is all I had on my two boats was one stick.. At nationals none the less...
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

That does sound harsh. Paul Harvey may tell us "the rest of the story".

Back in April the local warden caught us Testing. He couldn't decide between a citation for littering or no registration. So we got a warning...Thanks wildlife Officer Pratt.
                    internet racer

Comment

1.jpg Is this legal?

Comment

John, yes it is. IMO. But by the letter of the rule...I would say if they were to start throwing everyone out that didn't have a logo that came from APBA and was approved by the BOD...

Section 1.4. Official Logo. All boats competing in APBA sanctioned races and speed trials shall display in a highly visible location on essentially vertical surfaces, port and starboard, an APBA logo approved by the Board of Directors and available from the National Headquarters of APBA. APBA.ORG may be displayed in place of, or in addition to, the official APBA logo.
                        Last edited by Big Don; 06-09-2015, 05:31 AM.
                        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Single event entry? Sign up at race? what happens? Can,t race because of a logo. Some of these rules are so obsolete and picky thy should be eliminated from the rule book.

Comment

the only rule that should aloud for disqualifying someone should be for performance rules some thing on the boat or motor the enhances the performance period , safety rules should be check and corrected before the race an unsafe boat should not be on the water once an inspector looks it over and it is later discovered a safety issue exist it should not be allowed on the water again until corrected as far as having a decal that should be a "hey buddy get that taking care of asap ok" and life goes on , this has become a hobby we don't get paid for wins and if you do it is few and far between so to protest someone for something as small as this is pathetic I mean seriously let's just go out there race each other safely help each other out and enjoy our friendships with each other and our company just saying

Comment

Working...
                            X