Jessup Winter Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessup Winter Nationals

Those of us frozen in up here on the St Lawrence River are not likely to see open water until June. It would be great if we could get access to the water in Jessup for a couple days of testing. ( I can't figure out whatever happened to testing at one's own risk ) Every year we make changes to boats and build new motors, make the trek down south and are lucky to get an hour of testing before race day. Being a lousy motor guy, my stuff won't run for much more than a lap and I end up watching races a long way from home.

And,why can't the first day of racing be a shake-down race ?? That would give us snow birds a chance to fix a few things and actually be ready for the "Winter National" race.

Hunter III

I surely agree with Hunter. I have an engine that will need a breakin before the race weekend and need a place over in Jesup or near by to do it. Possibly someone there could arrange with the lake powers that be to allow us on the water at our own risk on Wed and Thur prior to the race. Would sure be a great help to the northerners and us Texans who won't have their equipment until arriving in the peach state. Jack

Comment

Winter Nationals

We all feel that way guys, but there are problems. We are getting the lake Fri, Sat and Sun in Jesup and the fishermen complain about that since it's good fishing weather after a long cold winter. They won't let us have it for another day and they have stopped us from running race boats when the lake is open to the public any time. We are not allowed to test there anymore anytime. They say it is a liability to them as someone might hit a fisherman or a skier.

Comment

Come to Lake Lanier-plenty of protected coves-and I will help host you. Have a dock and ramp on the lake with parking and a warming cottage. Kart racer normally, but just bought a C hydro with a Yamato to play with. Chip

Comment

Thanks Bob for the explanation on the restrictions at Jesup. Was afraid that may have been the obstacle. Appreciate your efforts! Sometimes things just don't go the way we want. We'll be there. Now that we know the situation, we'll just have to get our act together. Jack

Comment

Thanks also to Chip! Is Lake Lanier located North of Atlanta near Gainsville,GA? If so, it'll work for many coming down from up North. Us westerners will just have to work something out before we leave home. Is this a good venue to contact you for specifics on location and do you have a cell number for contact when getting near? Jack

Comment

As much as we don't like it we understand it. On the bright side we won't have to leave as early. It's long drive from Mich.

Sam,
              Team Casual

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                Thanks also to Chip! Is Lake Lanier located North of Atlanta near Gainsville,GA? If so, it'll work for many coming down from up North. Us westerners will just have to work something out before we leave home. Is this a good venue to contact you for specifics on location and do you have a cell number for contact when getting near? Jack
                lake Lanier is slightly NE of downtown Atlanta. I am on the western side of the lake, Exit 16, off GA 400 in Cumming, GA. I-75 is not too much further west.

I have hosted a Feather Craft aluminum boat round up-these boats were made here in Atlanta.

I have a dock and we can use my neighbors docks. I have a ramp on my property and a public ramp 2 miles away. Several hydro racers use Lake Lanier for test and tune. Best is to email me at cbering@comcast.net. Room for 1 or 100..c

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dunlap View Post
                  We all feel that way guys, but there are problems. We are getting the lake Fri, Sat and Sun in Jesup and the fishermen complain about that since it's good fishing weather after a long cold winter. They won't let us have it for another day and they have stopped us from running race boats when the lake is open to the public any time. We are not allowed to test there anymore anytime. They say it is a liability to them as someone might hit a fisherman or a skier.
                  hey Bob, you promise warm weather? If we are going to make the trek out from Washington, we need warm weather!!!
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

We are hoping for warm weather. The last time we came we burned a axel. Got our motor home stuck and it was 32 degrees when Braxton went out in J hydro. The wind came up and he blew over. It was his first race. We have used up all our bad Luck!

Comment

Renewable Bad Luck

Doc,

Once you Braxton a 125cc or a 250cc, you will discover that bad luck can be renewed every season!!

Warm is relative this time of year in Georgia. Snow and sleet on Wednesday and mid 50's today.....best news is that there should be plenty of water in lake Grace this year.

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                      We are hoping for warm weather. The last time we came we burned a axel. Got our motor home stuck and it was 32 degrees when Braxton went out in J hydro. The wind came up and he blew over. It was his first race. We have used up all our bad Luck!
                      David Weaver

Comment

I had to buy an engine dyno just to get around the testing and breaking in problem.

Comment

Does anyone know of ethonol free gas availability in Jasper? Jack: usflag:

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                            Does anyone know of ethonol free gas availability in Jasper? Jack: usflag:
                            There is some fuel guide you can go to to get stations that have alky free gas by location..c

Comment

Originally posted by Drchip View Post
                              There is some fuel guide you can go to to get stations that have alky free gas by location..c
                              http://pure-gas.org
                              JT Bried

Comment

Working...
                              X