Attached Files

Comment

• starting in on the top side
      Attached Files
      Sean Byrne

Comment

• Csh/osy

Sean,
        12 days in and you're almost ready for deck stringers. Nice job!
        Lee Tietze
        Machined Components
        Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

• Originally posted by machinedcomp View Post
          Sean,
          12 days in and you're almost ready for deck stringers. Nice job!
          Actually started cutting out parts end of Dec/first part of Jan
          Sean Byrne

Comment

• Cowl is done, perfect fit...NO GAPS!...NO FILLER!
            Attached Files

Comment

• how about a new trailer?
              Attached Files
              Jeff

Comment

• Good looking trailer Jeff. Nice, low profile. Should tuck in behind tow vehicle and not catch a lot of air.

:thumbs:

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by john527 View Post
                  Cowl is done, perfect fit...NO GAPS!...NO FILLER!
                  Nice workmanship!
                  Do you ever worry what may happen to the driver if the boat was ever stuffed or crashed head first, with the cowling support lumber aimed towards the driver chest?
                  I only asked because I had that experience when I blew over and ended up going head first thru the cowling which ripped off my helmet and tore up by lower leg, ending up with about 200 stitches.
                  Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by *KURPS* View Post
                    Nice workmanship!
                    Do you ever worry what may happen to the driver if the boat was ever stuffed or crashed head first, with the cowling support lumber aimed towards the driver chest?
                    I only asked because I had that experience when I blew over and ended up going head first thru the cowling which ripped off my helmet and tore up by lower leg, ending up with about 200 stitches.
                    Bill
                    Sounds like your cowling was over built! or did the wind shield get you? I work with LEXAN all day long and when it shears it can cut you like a razer! Did you have kevlars on at the time, if so I think we are wasting our money on them!

Comment

• Originally posted by john527 View Post
                      Sounds like your cowling was over built! or did the wind shield get you? I work with LEXAN all day long and when it shears it can cut you like a razer! Did you have kevlars on at the time, if so I think we are wasting our money on them!
                      I went thru the 1/8" curved plywood cowling & 1/16 thick Lexan.
                      I worry from that cowling photo I seen, there seems to be a lumber stiffener where the two pieces of cowling join together, that is pointed right at the driver.

Comment

• That is just a very thin walnut cap to seal the splice, made to dress it up!

Comment

• All wood work is done!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Looks beautiful! Nice job!
                            Sean Byrne

Comment

• Looks nice. So are you running two boats this year or is this the new and improved version?
                              Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• A collapsable steering wheel made of metal with the rubberized grip is a wonderful thing. I never understood the dynamics of it other than it looked cool. When I hit an immovable object I held on to the steering wheel as my knees impacted the steering wheel and inverted it. Had it not collapsed I probably would have not been able to walk away. Also a rigid cowling is a concern for me - I ripped right thru mine. I thought mine was so flimsey and ornamental - had it been rigid who knows. My Kevlars are like new but always felt so stiff - now I love em. All just my two cents. This gentlemans craft is a beauty and thanks for sharing you have a lot to be proud of. All just my 2 cents.
                                Mark, 220M

Comment

Working...
                                X