No more helmet cams............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more helmet cams............

In the updated APBA Safety Rules recently posted on the APBA Website it is NOW illegal to have helmet mounted recording devices.

Page1 Section 3 (a) States "No Image recording devices may be attached to helmets".

The reasons sited were safety. The devices can cause 'drag' and lead to potential neck injuries in a crash.

Now i guess the kids can concentrate on driving instead of taking pictures of the race!!
    Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 04-05-2013, 09:08 AM.

You can still mount them on the boat, shucks I like scary movies
    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Honestly, I dont know HOW that was legal in the first place. On the boat is one thing, Dash or rear cowling. But really, mounting anything on your helmet should never been allowed.
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

what a bunch of pansies... this safty BS is getting way out of control. Why don't we just all sit on the beach and drive our boats via remote control.

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
          what a bunch of pansies... this safty BS is getting way out of control. Why don't we just all sit on the beach and drive our boats via remote control.
          I agree..Where is the test data
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I dont think its a saftey issue at all. I have see 2 guys lose theres on the bottom of the lake when they hit the water. The impact on water will clean that baby right off. I just dont think anything should be on your helmet other then a bright color.
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

In fact, i would argue that some of this footage can be used by officials to catch some of the real safty problems... like bearing away and chopping. A couple of shots of these infractions taking place. Both of which almost putting me up on shore. Our friends down south don't have these infractions in their rule book, so they're really not breaking any rules. I do have shots simular to this of our APBA friends here in the U.S. doing the same.... turn judges never saw the infractions.
                Attached Files

Comment

Drone boat racing????.. Lol

Comment

Video assistance

In fact, i would argue that some of this footage can be used by officials to catch some of the real safty problems... like bearing away and chopping.
                    I do have shots simular to this of our APBA friends here in the U.S. doing the same.... turn judges never saw the infractions.
                    Josh
                    I believe APBA prohibits the use of video devices in determining driving infractions! In todays world of technology you would think this tool could be used to help resolve driving infraction issues!!

I guess in Equador it is a case of 'no rules, just fun'. Kinda like Outback Steakhouse. No rules, no need for enforcement. Not a bad idea!

Comment

Who thinks this stuff up? just another rule.

Comment

In the case down there… I found that much of these “dirty driving” issues are resolved among the drivers. They let each other know about it. And if it continues, it seems they make sure that driver isn’t welcome anymore.

I’m not against rules… I just feel like we get carried away with them at times. I think educating the drivers of the risk they’re taking would be more effective. Then you let them determine if the risk is worth it.

Matt, your right. It seems like with all the finger pointing that goes on, the use of video would make life much easier. How difficult would it be to mount a small camera on a 20’ pole in the turn boat. We all know how hard it is to determine if the inside boat wasn’t able to hold their turn or if the outside boat was chopping. It’d be an easy call to make with a birds eye view.

In all, I’m just babbling here. It really makes no difference to me. I’ll continue to adjust to whatever rules our governing body deems fit. Basically because boat racing rocks!... and I can’t imagine doing anything else. It just seems like people keep making rules cause they need to feel like they’re doing something. The same can be said for people who push the rules. Whatever happened to just strapping your fishing motor on a boat and go race it?

Comment

more saftey rules less drivers! Heres the proto type for the new APBA driving suite!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by john527; 04-05-2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Whats the problem?
                            Attached Files

Comment

buahahahahah....

Comment

Working...
                              X