No announcement yet.

No more helmet cams............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any APBA members want to sell a helmet cheap let me know. Really!!

Comment

Oops forgot the camera after helmet.

Comment

If they are that concerned about neck injuries they should be making it mandatory to wear a Leatt style neck brace, not banning helmet cams. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Helmet Cam

I as well would like to have a helmet with a cam on it. If anyone in APBA decides to get rid of one PM me. Thanks

Comment

I wonder if in ten years or so....................

.......anybody will wonder, or even care, whether APBA once used to have several categories that used small, under 60CI motors on Hydro and Runabout boats that raced in sanctioned competition. Or why and who was responsible for the non-existence of them anymore.

Comment

Does anyone remember the "Cowboy After OSHA" cartoon?

Comment

If I was paranoid aboat getting hurt I wouldnt race at all. The helmet cam video's are way cooler to watch then any video from shore. What about making the decision on your own to wear one or not. If you are affraid of in a crash it could hurt your neck then dont wear one, but dont tell the rest of us we cant have one after we spent good money to have one. And was there even a voting on this cause I didnt hear anything about it.
                Where ever there's racing there is going to be people getting hurt bottom line, it will never end.
                New ABPA rule for 2023 have to have a minimum of 20 psi now in the inflatable bumpers and have to be equipped with side curtain airbags cant have just the ones in the front.
                Team
                Main
                Racing

Comment

I have the Cowboy/ horse after OSHA in my office, funny there is a net under the horse to catch the Cowboy. I am all about safety running a construction company. Just curious has there been an injury from the helmet camera? How would you know if it was the cause? If your helmet buckets I don't think the Cam will make a difference .

Comment

Well...

...its been a good run with my GoPro. I will continue to wear it at races where it is allowed. I think my YouTube has 90 or so videos, and my old hard drive had over 100. So I think I got my use out of the thing, at least on the helmet.

I'm currently working on an anti-vibration bushed system to mount it to the fuel tank n the Yamato. Unfortunately, I haven't yet found a bushing that adequately absorbs the vibrations from the engine. I could mount it elsewhere, but the tank on the Yamato is the only place that gives the viewer the best aspect angle.

I'm not too disappointed about the ruling, and like it was stated earlier, was shocked that it took this long for APBA to ban "helmet-mounted camera systems." Here in Region 10, we have a few referees that decided it was unsafe, and disallowed their use (at the particular referee's races.)

Like Captain America says, now I can go and focus on driving the boat....
                    28-R

Comment

well with the helment Bucketing issue I think that the Helment should be illegal, and if your head causes a neck injury, the safty commish should ban boat racing all together, just because you could get hurt, as far as that goes , I get hurt just getting out of bed , so I raelly believe that the safty officers nee to make it illegal to get out of bed. Dam what a bunch of MORONS
                      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by 14J View Post
                        Jack I'm sure this call was made well before the new rule was agreed upon. The report is in the same file draw as the 20 pages of test data that justify's the Sidewinder height restriction in the A class.
                        Maybe we could just lower the cam to inch and 3/4 and use the test data that wasnt used for the Sidewinder when that change was made
                        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

what's going to happen when somebody drowns or bleeds to death because they or the patrol boat people could not tear the KEVLAR loose from a propeller?
                          Could there be a lawsuit because the driver was made to wear it?

Comment

Go pro

I have a go pro camera mounted in front of the dash on my D stock hydro. I like the view from there a whole lot better then from one mounted on a helmet...and I watch the videos quite often...gives me something to critique my driving etc. Just a thought.

Comment

you kno it sounds like politics to me,people just sitting around with nothing better to do than think of more b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                                "Wearing a helmet cam and risking an injury is not acceptable."
                                [/I]
                                There you have it. Flame away, experts.
                                R-19

Pat
                                While i would never wear a helmet cam nor allow my children to wear one, don't you think this O'Bama Care APBA philosophy has to slow down a bit before APBA legislates everyone out of racing???

I for one never allowed my kids to wear a full face helmet till they were in there later teenage years because I believed that full face helmets BUCKET water and can cause injury to young peoples necks in a crash. A childs muscles and bones arn't done developing till they hit about 16-18 years old (IN MY OPINION). Hence, as a parent i would rather risk a childs face being smashed in with a open face helmet in a wreck versus a broken neck due to bucketing in a wreck. A few teeth are easier to replace than a neck. But i am sure Wart would disagree, which is HIS choice. Racing is dangerous and risks are involved. People need to be made aware of the risks and make their own choices. For example if a driver wants to buy a $50 DOT helmet that should be their choice. If a racer wants to buy a top shelf ARAI super duper helmet then that should also be a free choice!! Let's just give folks the DATA and recommend what they should do and let people make their own CHOICES.

Let's stop playing O'Bama Care with APBA and give people a CHOICE. I liked the days when APBA 'RECOMMENDED" certain safety procedures giving it's members the choice to do certain things.

As my comrade The Mad Russian says........."The road to Hell is paved with good intentions". [/QUOTE]

turn off the am radio, parroting makes you look like idiot. cheater...

Comment

Working...
                                X