California pickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California pickles

I have the boat in the garage, now would be a good time to find out what the rules will be when I get to Winternats. Any inspectors want to chime in that would be great, just want to be legal.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

The new rule dont take effect until May 1 2013 there is a diagram of the new rule posted on the APBA web site. The new rule sucks with the 3/4 thickness part ot it. Radius is no ptoblem on any boat but the thickness becomes a problem on the small boats and some of the bigger boats that have the outside edge of the sponson thinned
    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

If your boat was legal in 2012 it will be legal at the Winternationals
      Roger

Comment

George is correct about May 1st. Jeff Brewster did not want to put this rule into affect for Bakersfield because of the time crunch from the national meeting to the winternationals.
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Tony,
          Mr.Carr is correct on this matter, I just sent John Paramore a few rules from the 2013 rule book to put in to our monthly news letter so that no racer will be staying on the beach at our first race, it will be a very tight safety inspection, things like pickle tips, kill switches, helmets to name just a few

I dont want any one thinking we are just picking on them just because they only come to a few races a year or are there to help make a class. Safety rules are just that and all racers need to comply.

Carl.

Comment

In the interest of safety...

I think that since this pickle fork rule was put in place to ensure racers' safety, it should become effective immediately upon a passing vote. How can we justify allowing unsafe boats on the water? Because it's too hard to make them safe in time? What if somebody becomes speared by one of these unsafe pickle forks?

Are there any drivers who are boycotting the winter nationals because they may be racing alongside unsafe boats?

Comment

Jack the rule was changed for 2013 and Jeff posted it with the diagram on the APBA web site it matches the same rule as the Mods have but have to be on all boats old or new.Why in the world boycott a race because of that theres a whole lot more dangerious things on a boat like spinning props, razor sharp turn fins and pointed lower units.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Try this one on for size.
                Attached Files
                http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                  Try this one on for size.
                  who is the idiot who made that diagram? makes no sense. I does not specify material.. Invest in a belt sander and some spray foam
                  Last edited by Mike Beegle; 02-18-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

All this information is interesting but the official web site shows the new rule book on this issue and it differs from what folks are saying. I tend to go with what is published on the Official web site. That's what we've been advised to do in the past. I guess that over time it'll be worked out but as it now stands it is very unclear just what the rule for 2013 is. Jack

Comment

https://social.apba-racing.com/discu...icklefork-rule

From the BOSS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Beegle View Post
                        who is the idiot who made that diagram?
                        Perhaps we should apply this rule http://www.apba.org/news/anti-doping-5554 , and then perhaps you'll find extra clarity.

Comment

wow

Mike, I am the "idiot" that included the colored parts to the existing Mod and Pro diagram to help the Stock members understand the rule. I should have been spending time with my family but I decided other wise. Sorry, you don't understand the diagram. Maybe you can find someone to read it to you.

Jack, It takes a lot of time to compile all of the minutes that occur during 18 1/2 hours of meetings. Then the rules need to be posted on the website and then the rules need to be included into our already huge volumes of rules. This all has to be done carefully and correctly because, God forbid I don't dare make a single mistake.
                          Our home office has our updated rules as of this morning and it should be online if not tonight then tomorrow morning as soon as they have time.

As always, stockoutboard@apba.org will get you almost instant answers to your questions instead of ranting on a website.
                          http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                            Why in the world boycott a race because of that theres a whole lot more dangerious things on a boat like spinning props, razor sharp turn fins and pointed lower units.
                            I agree. My point is that the pickle fork tips are legal and "safe" on April 30, but illegal and "unsafe" on May 1.
                            If it's a REAL safety issue it should be illegal on the day the "whoever" decided it is unsafe.

Add: "whoever" refers to the group of persons who collectively made this decision. I don't know if it was the SORC, or some safety committee that I don't know the name of.
                            Last edited by jeff55v; 02-18-2013, 07:39 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
                              Mike, I am the "idiot" that included the colored parts to the existing Mod and Pro diagram to help the Stock members understand the rule. I should have been spending time with my family but I decided other wise. Sorry, you don't understand the diagram. Maybe you can find someone to read it to you .
                              Thanks for the Clarity.. I have not Read the rule in its whole.. If this is your only guideline IT SUCKS.. No specification in material to be used to achieve your specifications?..The whole point is safety..? Cut them off flat make them blunt tip 1/2" plywood few inches square surface area at the end with a radius of foam a few inches thick .. done deal.. And let me get this straight .. The Spear on the runabout.." Fore End" The end which precedes; the earlier, or the nearer, part; the beginning. does not matter?
                              Last edited by Mike Beegle; 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X