No announcement yet.

YouTube - NBRA Lucas Speedway **Warning Crash Video - No Graphic bodily injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube - NBRA Lucas Speedway **Warning Crash Video - No Graphic bodily injury

If you prefer not to watch crash footage do not click play. May be disturbing for younger viewers.

From the original upload:
    NBRA race at Lucas speedway. D MOD third heat. Both drivers were fine but our bout will need some work.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/7SySQG4Z-M4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/7SySQG4Z-M4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="580" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Last edited by HRTV; 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Thats a Big hit!! I am guessing the other boat sunk? 2 drivers 1 boat at end.
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Lucas

No boat sank. A little water in the lower cylinder which was cleared after the boat was back in the pits. Engine fired and ran without an issue. Actually the water was introduced putting the boat on the cart. The damage to L-7 was mainly to the cowl and decks. Boat will be repaired for the NBRA long course nationals.

Alan

Comment

Alan, Only thing that counts is you guys are OK. Have to say, That run to the shoot is LONG!!! Course looks bigger when your in the boat then looking at a photo of it.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

That could have been very bad.Im glad they are ok.My god that was a hard hit.
          Bob

Comment

Rescue??

Are you kidding me! Where was the rescue crew - they should have been to the crash scene in 10 - 20 seconds. Over a minute later they were not even there??

Comment

Driver signals ok

If you watch the scene closely you will see that the driver in the water signals that he is OK (hands clasped above head) 16 seconds after the impact of the two boats. Shortly thereafter you see the black boat that was involved circle back around checking on the driver. You say the rescue crew should be on scene within 10 seconds??? 10 seconds is not even enough time to pull anchor and get the rescue boat heading in that direction.
              DOUG SCHULTZ--HERE FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR SPORT

Comment

And this is what happens when you post this sort of stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by nbranews View Post
                  If 10 seconds is not even enough time to pull anchor and get the rescue boat heading in that direction.
                  Not nit picking and trying to start anything. I think we all can learn from each other. I would not want my (as a referee, parent, friend, racer, etc) "rescue boats" anchored at any time when there are boats on the water. That time pulling anchor could be valuable seconds in a rescue.
                  "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
                    Understand what you're saying...but...we can all learn from this stuff. After listening to the driver I was really wondering if he really was ok. Sounded like he was in a lot of pain. Glad he was ok, but if he was really hurting maybe really make sure and don't give a signal. Once the OK is given a lot of time rescue boats approach slower. Would hate to see someone hurt not get the prompt attention they need.

Congrats to NBRA for making this race site happen. Hopefully Donny & other from WI can make it next year. Donny & I talked about it this year, unfortunately it fell on our divisionals.
                    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Video

Safety is the reason I posted the video. As said above it is important to get a safty boat to the driver in the water ASAP. In actuality the full video runs for about 15 min. and cover past the impact until the boat was on land. Thanks to Vernon for jumping into the water to assist my son after he finished the race and saw what happened on the way to the pits.. The two of them had to pull the boat to shore, about 150 ft from impact zone. Although my son was shaken up all he received was a large welt on his hip as he was being ejected out of the boat and over the engine of the other boat. The folks that have commented on the time it took for safty boats to arrive are right on target in that it was in excess of nine (9) minutes. Although the hands closed over his head signaled he thought he was ok it requires a safty boat to get to the driver fast. We all must remember that when we have a driver in the water the folks in the safety boat must get to him fast. The lesson here is that all people on the course must do everything possible to support the driver in the water! This is a must when you have a hard collision which was auditable 800 feet from the collision.

Alan
                      Last edited by OldRacerBU; 07-15-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
                        Mark I'm with you about posting the video public. No mater what you do there is going to be criticism.

Larry Mac

Comment

I totally agree....one copy in Van Wheele's collection and one to the national safety director for review...

Comment

Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
                            Safety is the reason I posted the video. As said above it is important to get a safty boat to the driver in the water ASAP. In actuality the full video runs for about 15 min. and cover past the impact until the boat was on land. Thanks to Vernon for jumping into the water to assist my son after he finished the race and saw what happened on the way to the pits.. The two of them had to pull the boat to shore, about 150 ft from impact zone. Although my son was shaken up all he received was a large welt on his hip as he was being ejected out of the boat and over the engine of the other boat. The folks that have commented on the time it took for safty boats to arrive are right on target in that it was in excess of nine (9) minutes. Although the hands closed over his head signaled he thought he was ok it requires a safty boat to get to the driver fast. We all must remember that when we have a driver in the water the folks in the safety boat must get to him fast. The lesson here is that all people on the course must do everything possible to support the driver in the water! This is a must when you have a hard collision which was auditable 800 feet from the collision.

Alan
                            Alan first and foremost we are all glad to hear that your son was not seriously hurt. If you don't mind me asking why on earth did it take so long for an official rescue boat with life support to reach your son? Did Lucas provide the rescue team or did NBRA have to supply their own? Regardless of the hand over the head it was clearly a nasty hit that should have sent rescue teams flying to his side.

Thanks

* I am not criticizing, I merely asking since I was not there.
                            Last edited by HRTV; 07-15-2012, 09:33 AM.
                            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
                              Mark I'm with you about posting the video public. No mater what you do there is going to be criticism.

Larry Mac
                              Originally posted by joejohn44 View Post
                              I totally agree....one copy in Van Wheele's collection and one to the national safety director for review...

I'm reminded of a story that I was told by a VERY reliable source, of a representative of an insurance company making a surprise visit to a boat race. Apparently, the things we take for granted, like holding the back of a boat while it is being started, was viewed by the insurance rep. as "one of the most dangerous things I have ever seen in my life."

If it had not been because of the credibility and "schmoozability" of
                              Of the quick thinking referee, it could have become a major issue...

While sharing safety information is a very worthwhile and commendable thing to do, (I'm sure we all agree with that) there are ways to handle it a little more discreetly, and still achieve the same goal. Maybe with even better results.

Who among us thinks that we need an issue with an insurance company?

............ (sounds of crickets go here)................

I didn't think so.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but "Better safe than sorry" works 2 ways.

The NBRA Safety Director's phone number and e-mail address is listed on page 2 of the NBRA Rule Book.

Comment

Working...
                              X