• Show
Clear All

Pav225

Mike,

When you start running Lemans starts I will

Comment

Guedo

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
      Yes, I hope Lemans starts will be used, but according to the UIM rules, clocks starts are legal. As for modifications to the boats for Lemans starts, I have no idea what needs to be done, and I guarantee, no one else does. Forget how they build in Europe, our courses here are quite a bit different. I foresee a hybrid style of boat yet to be created to be the dominate style.
      I think a hybrid boat would be a mistake...the class would appeal to me if we were trying to run similar to UIM. Maybe we could host a Worlds with a shot of winning it. When I watch the YouTube clips of the worlds it looks like exciting racing and they seem to get over rougher water. If we could get a sponsor for the Worlds, then maybe the National Champion gets a "paid" trip to try and win it! Google Oracle Racing - it is mind boggling how much money Larry Ellison has into trying to retain the Americas Cup.

Comment

Hmm... Guedo499

Few boat racers ever suggest rule changes that don't favor themselves. I am one of the few, and I thought it was the "HILL" in me. But Guedo499, I've decide it must be the "Slagle" in me and you, as you and I are half-assed relatives.

If I understand UIM rules, one of the big differences between APBA OSY 400 and UIM OSY 400 is overall weight. Is this correct?

What are some of the or rule differences?

I would support sending the top 3-4 American OSY 400 Teams to the UIM World Championships. I would not support raising the funds from the OSY 400 members, but some type of a joint effort from APBA and Corporate sponsors.

Of course, this would need someone to plan this effort. Maybe Crown Partners could get their media page to donate money towards sending OSY 400 Teams to the UIM Worlds.

Comment

UIM - Support

If it is created to be a UIM class, and not be ran like C2SH I think it would be a good idea. If not, it is simply creating C3SH. And lets face it, it is already to much with all the Yamatos out there the fans have no idea what class is out there. This new format would distinguish itself from the rest, and be a crowd pleaser with 20 boats out there.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
            I think a hybrid boat would be a mistake...the class would appeal to me if we were trying to run similar to UIM. Maybe we could host a Worlds with a shot of winning it. When I watch the YouTube clips of the worlds it looks like exciting racing and they seem to get over rougher water. If we could get a sponsor for the Worlds, then maybe the National Champion gets a "paid" trip to try and win it! Google Oracle Racing - it is mind boggling how much money Larry Ellison has into trying to retain the Americas Cup.
            I believe I should not have used the word "Hybrid". It was merely a commentary of a potential design of a boat.

If this proposal goes through, in three years time, the rules and format will be 100% UIM OSY 400.
            http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
              Few boat racers ever suggest rule changes that don't favor themselves. I am one of the few, and I thought it was the "HILL" in me. But Guedo499, I've decide it must be the "Slagle" in me and you, as you and I are half-assed relatives.

If I understand UIM rules, one of the big differences between APBA OSY 400 and UIM OSY 400 is overall weight. Is this correct?

What are some of the or rule differences?

I would support sending the top 3-4 American OSY 400 Teams to the UIM World Championships. I would not support raising the funds from the OSY 400 members, but some type of a joint effort from APBA and Corporate sponsors.

Of course, this would need someone to plan this effort. Maybe Crown Partners could get their media page to donate money towards sending OSY 400 Teams to the UIM Worlds.
              Remember Ron, you never claimed me to be your half-ass cousin until I won a few championships - talk about a high standard! Besides, I only claim Russ, Bunker and Marlee as my half-ass cousins...

The main rules differences are:
              Motor: Completely stock using club foot. Most 102's will not be legal as the current specs are wider than the UIM specs. Many more 302's, as raced right now, will be legal. I know, for a fact, almost every one of the Yamato championships that have come out of Region 10 with the 302 (with the UN-shaved head and club foot) will pass an UIM inspection. (USA OSY 400 x4, CSH x3, CSR x2, 20ssH x2, 25ssR, etc.)

Boat: reinforced, taller sides; rounded tips; hand protector

Weight: 397 lbs
              http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Again the link to the UIM rules: http://www.uimpowerboating.com/vsite...-0-file,00.pdf
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Here is a photo album that will give you a close up look at Euro OSY400 racing

https://picasaweb.google.com/Classic...81734420208674
                  HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Courses are important also

I think I "feel" ya on the hybrid boat issue. Like Dave mentioned, I have no interest in C3H. However, trying to win the Worlds that is interesting. I have contemplated doing it already, if I could build the rig and race/test in the USA a few times that would push me to do it. However, the Lemans start and courses are critical. I think you have a shot at getting the technical rules changed, but changing our culture is a lot bigger challenge.

I support what you are trying 100%. When the Worlds were in Florida a few years ago, most that watched and participated commented that is was more exciting. I remember Palmy saying if was more fun racing as well.

Comment

So, You'll Need 200 Pounds of Lead???

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                      Remember Ron, you never claimed me to be your half-ass cousin until I won a few championships - talk about a high standard! Besides, I only claim Russ, Bunker and Marlee as my half-ass cousins...

The main rules differences are:
                      Motor: Completely stock using club foot. Most 102's will not be legal as the current specs are wider than the UIM specs. Many more 302's, as raced right now, will be legal. I know, for a fact, almost every one of the Yamato championships that have come out of Region 10 with the 302 (with the UN-shaved head and club foot) will pass an UIM inspection. (USA OSY 400 x4, CSH x3, CSR x2, 20ssH x2, 25ssR, etc.)

Boat: reinforced, taller sides; rounded tips; hand protector

Weight: 397 lbs
                      I really think this is a more than EXCELLENT idea. The Gambling Boats have had hand protection for years.

Will my sit down hydro be legal??

ADD:

As long as you keep winning, I'll claim you as a relative...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-22-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
                        Here is a photo album that will give you a close up look at Euro OSY400 racing

https://picasaweb.google.com/Classic...81734420208674

Good photos Dan.. Those pictures of the bottoms near the end show some of the differences from the kneelers we run..
                        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                          Good photos Dan.. Those pictures of the bottoms near the end show some of the differences from the kneelers we run..
                          I believe these shots were taken at the worlds so its a pretty good representation of what type of boat are being used. A few of the boats double as 125cc hydro's also.
                          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I'm definitely in on this idea. Team MSR would put (2) OSY's out there. 20 boats off the beach at Depue would be awesome! I would also be willing to convert existing boats to UIM legal boats.

My only concern is that we would eliminate existing competitors, I would hate to see that happen.

From my understanding they run a very similar boat in OSY/O-125/O-175 but change the driver position. Most of the boats have been based around a lucas design. I have built several euro style boats but have not tried a 302 on one yet..

Comment

Lemans start

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
                              Mike,

When you start running Lemans starts I will
                              Dean,
                              We will hold you to that!

See you in OSY at Candlewick,
                              Mike

Comment

Lemans start! KALA racing boats is a good start!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X