No announcement yet.

Fantasy - Pit Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to chime in with two nominees. First Shannon Bowman and John Karelson who
    together rebuilt my "D" Bezoats at Dayton after John Puestow and I crashed in the second turn. Not only did they fashion a great cowl out of one the areas plastic garbage cans but the repair was so good I raced the boat 15 more times before it went back to the factory for real repair. I also have to mention the late John Grant, who's "D" motors not only won 6 DSH/DSR Nationals between 1976 and 1983 but also passed 6 Edgar
    Rose inspections
    Glasses

Comment

My fantasy crew would need to include:

Dave Augustine - Driving coach and Senior grumpy guy
      Ron 'The Good Sax' - Director of propulsion
      Charley Fry - Logistics and communications Director

Even if we didn't win, You know we would have a good time.
      Larry

Comment

Ken and Barb Johnson,,, Minnesota Steve's parents..
        Been at it for 25 + years.

Comment

Originally posted by BROCCOLI View Post
          Bobby Christy.

While his brother Don was racing: ASH, BSH, CSH, DSH, AU , BU, AOH, BOH, and on some days CU, DU and 36; Bobby would have the rigs fueled , set-up and ready to run. this included motor swaps and drying out flipped equipment.

Some days Don ran every class on the schedule except JU. I don't remember him missing a heat or the race committee having to hold a heat because the Christy's were not ready. This was at a time when Don ran twenty five to thirty five days a year.
          Yes, that was truly amazing to watch.

Comment

Guy that really knows how to test and set up

That would be Jimi O. I have learned a ton hanging around him.
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Kyle,

You just went to the top of my list.

Those other ingrates can do their own **** sponging.

And I'll be sure it's you next time when I'm on the bridge!
              Twisted Sister

Comment

My bro's aren't on this crazy machine as much as I am so I want to mention our Dadeo---Denny 'Pitboss' Terzinski. Wow--he does everything and is smart as a whip. He runs circles around me and he just turned 82. Way to go Dadeo!
                Shea for Terzinski Racing

Comment

Team MSR

Craig "Cover Guy" Dewald: Just the best in the heat of battle between heats. Dives in an help everyone. Also a great asset behind the wheel of tow vehicals late at night.

Brad Snow: Wicked good at boat set up / prop selection and tuning. Keep his driver honest.

"Dirty Bob" Brzozwski: World class wrench. Can fix anything we break in the pits.

Dave Jones: As good in the pits turning wrenches as he is behind the wheel of his 125's.

Michael D-1

The late Franny Pitrellio: Was John R Yales crewchief for years. Could rope a D or F konig over like no one else.

Comment

I will take two pics.

First, a pick for the future, Brian Maroney, 13 years old and already pulled the rope on one world record.

Second, when it won't start, Dwight Malhiot, "I like to give them enough spin they will make it to the first turn".
                    Last edited by PRO-MOTIONRACING; 01-26-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

My vote also goes to Charlie Fry. He not only is willing to help everyone He knows as much about the 50's, 60's & 70's Mercury as Mr. Kiekheafer himself.

Comment

Jimi O. hands down. Being "just the driver" it is something cool to watch Jimi go over the boat, make a change here and there and then be able to actually measure it on the course.
                        http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X