Step by Step Building a hydroplane / MRC is up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raymond View Post
    No, I did not. I think I may have seen the boat set up discussion but not the D Mod Motor build.
    Rarmond here is the link http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/sho...ht=motor+build
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• In fact that motor is going on the boat being built on this thread! It was a joint project

Comment

• Thanks!
        Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

• gizmo got the new tower mounted at Eatonville by Lee and Bill on Friday. Some assembly required as they say.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mike;

Typical work by Lee ! Looks great ! Too bad you had all the teething problems ! Hope to have some good weather this weekend at Lawrence, the wife is going too !

John B.

Comment

• Oh...please do tell me more about that setup.
              Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

• Raymond one of the supporters of our web site is Machine Components and lee Tietze is the owner and he does some fantastic work. You hate to use it cause it is so perfect. You to can have one but I will say he does not give them away but you never can charge what it is really worth. It is like building boats, if you charged for every minute put into it you would not sell any.

Being nuts I bought two. One is now going on the D Mod and the other is on Gizmo. I had no time to test Friday cause it took most of the day to install everything on the boat. If you look at the budget D Mod build I have more pictures showing the height and kick out adjustments. The mount slides up and down in the two channels. There are adjustments that you can make in and out and secondary locks so if one fails the other will work. It is slick for sure. I had planned to swich tower and motor at a race but decided it was not safe if something did not get tight so two towers. Also with the adapter plates you can use the tower for a yamato or a merc 40/44 engine and also just about any type of foot.

Comment

• A couple action shots of the maiden run of the new C Mod taken by Christine Gleason. We were happy with the ride but the motor was not right. Special thanks to Steve Greaves, Jason Crawley and Bill Dingman for the help getting out on the course. Now if I could get the D mod done.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Mike;

Too bad good looks don't count, it looks better than great ! Hope you get the bugs worked out !

John B.

Comment

• Originally posted by John C167 View Post
                      Mike;

Too bad good looks don't count, it looks better than great ! Hope you get the bugs worked out !

John B.
                      John,
                      Did you get any good pictures of your run at Lawrence?

Comment

• 500mr

im wondering how i could get a set of cmr plans . i guess you call it a george loose style . hes the only person ive seen that builds them but only for his self would love to know wear and how to get a set of plans to build on myself.tired of buying boats want to build on if you can help .

Comment

• Originally posted by Top Gun 3-Z View Post
                          im wondering how i could get a set of cmr plans . i guess you call it a george loose style . hes the only person ive seen that builds them but only for his self would love to know wear and how to get a set of plans to build on myself.tired of buying boats want to build on if you can help .
                          I wish I could help but runabouts are not what I am into. Sorry maybe someone else can chime in or start a new post and ask who has prints for a runabout. I will say there is nothing like racing a boat you built. If you decide you want to go with a CMH get a hold of me.

Comment

• Mike;

Don't have any of it "on the water" yet ! I don't know if Pat and his wife were doing pictures at Lawrence ????? I have put a picture of it on my profile we took in the pits though !

John

Comment

• Make the Call

Originally posted by Top Gun 3-Z View Post
                              George has built plenty of boats for folks, have you tried calling him ? I bet he will let some plans out...

Or you could call the one who builds that style, Jerry Davids. He has built a lot of them, for a lot of people, including some folks in Equador....

You could also call Revolution boats, they build a carbon fiber version of the Luce style. Mold boat.

You have three options for that style, make some calls. You have a lot of other designs out there too if you give a call to a few of the runabout builders.

Sorenson comes to mind
                              Joe Silvesti designs some good ones too.
                              Runne - Not sure if they still build anything.

Armed with all that information and each of them are members here on Hydroracer, so contacting them should be pretty easy, it sounds like you could make your desire into paydirt in short order. Also, if you look for the sticky thread on contacts for all things boat racing, such as builders, it might include their contact info as well.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• Originally posted by Top Gun 3-Z View Post
                                What will be the power. Yamato or Merc.
                                bill b

Comment

Working...
                                X