No announcement yet.

Step by Step Building a hydroplane / MRC is up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is where we are at now. I have made tappered shims under the cowl to bring it out even with the 1/4 inch coaming walls and have added the motor mount doublers. Also drilled drain holes, added support for entry to the boat and now need to install transom handles, skid fin and bow hook before coating everything with epoxy. Will also permanently install the cowl.

Also working on the C mod to get it ready for the winter Nationals. I am woking on installing the coaming pulleys and cable anchors. Finished attaching the windshield and also made the numbers APBA legal. Still waiting for mirrors and steering cable. Also need to install the throttle. Time is getting short. I also need to lay up two driver ramps. The list goes on and on.
    Attached Files
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Neat!! Great job on this series, Mike!

Dan
      O-66

Comment

• Originally posted by dcrummett View Post
        Neat!! Great job on this series, Mike!

Dan
        O-66
        Thanks Dan but it looks like today I will be plowing snow just to get to my shop. We are getting hammered. Isn't winter almost over??

Comment

• Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
          Thanks Dan but it looks like today I will be plowing snow just to get to my shop. We are getting hammered. Isn't winter almost over??
          Is winter ever over in Montana?????

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Aero View Post
            Is winter ever over in Montana?????

No, I am begining to think not but at least we share. It will soon catch up with the Easterners. ENJOY!!!!!!!

Comment

• Snow

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              No, I am begining to think not but at least we share. It will soon catch up with the Easterners. ENJOY!!!!!!!
              Quit sharing. I live in sunny Calif with all the beaches. We had about 5 ft. in the last week or so and more on the way. I have no place left to pile it when plowing my driveway.
              kk

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy karl View Post
                Quit sharing. I live in sunny Calif with all the beaches. We had about 5 ft. in the last week or so and more on the way. I have no place left to pile it when plowing my driveway.
                kk

Karl,
                short fat piles collect less show the next time. the shorter the pile = less to shovel, taller pile = more to shove.
                there should be some rule banning snow sharing!
                Gene Schertz 26V
                TEAM CAFFEINE
                Cranked up and ready to Roll
                Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Snow Piles

Originally posted by 26V View Post
                  Karl,
                  short fat piles collect less show the next time. the shorter the pile = less to shovel, taller pile = more to shove.
                  there should be some rule banning snow sharing!
                  I use a garden tractor with a blade on it. My driveway is more like a tunnel and I have to push the snow all the way to the end. However the county plow has made a bigger berm than I have. No place left to go. I thought spring was around the corner. I am just itching to get my grubby (epoxy) hands on a throttle and a steering wheel.

Comment

• Nut plates are installed for skid fin and transom handles, nose area inside has been coated with epoxy and nose is held in place with screws till epoxy sets up. Then I will take out screws and fill and fair the nose with my favorite filler Evercoat Glazing compound. Next is to coat the rest of the inside under deck area with epoxy and start cutting and fitting deck pieces.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• one last picture of inside area of the nose. Also a picture of the APBA legal new C Mod boat. Just added the mirrors so now it look like a real insect or as the name say a Gizmo
                      Attached Files

Comment

• This really is a great posting! This is the kind of stuff I look for when out surfing this site. Thanks!
                        Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                          This really is a great posting! This is the kind of stuff I look for when out surfing this site. Thanks!
                          Enjoy cause hopefully this project is nearing the end. It better and soon.

Comment

• The first boat is finished. I did all the rigging Saturday and got the one day crud Sunday. Anyway the rigging in the front of the boat had to be routed with the cables going forward to clear the deck. If you notice I keep the pulleys and anchors down low where there is more strength near the deck. Also the throttle is kept close to the wheel so that I can keep a hand on the wheel when necessary for a second bit with the right hand on the tight corners. Also notice the nice padding for the old bones.

I am also fitting the deck panels for the new boat. Note that I have made cardboard templates to transfer the curves and then just measure out and transfer the lines to the wood. I also leave just a little excess to sand down for the final fit.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• a few more. I also forgot but thanks to the work of Al and Bonnie Peffley we hope to have some different HR stickers for the Stock, Mod Winter nationals
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Here is the progress from Martin in Sweden. He will be visiting us here in Montana this August. Should be fun and all for the love of Hydros!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X