aluminum rub rails illegal...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
    I am betting you do not have to do anything with the nose section on a JDS. Are you going to be at the next SOA meeting Darren? I need to ask you a few questions. Davey
    nope, sorry.....................here's an idea, can you PLEASE call the SO Chairman or someone and VERIFY the current rules on the pickles and rubrails and POST IT here ASAP.................thanks!!!!!!
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Mayfield.

It burns me to no end that the Mod comm. did not allow the Tohatsu in D mod. Did they not attend the meeting we all had thursday morning and hear the higher ups say we should all look beyond personel issues and do what is best for the sport? I think not. Sorry to get off track...but not allowing the new Tohatsu in D mod is going to cost some clubs money. Ugh

Comment

It burns me to no end that the Mod comm. did not allow the Tohatsu in D mod. Did they not attend the meeting we all had thursday morning and hear the higher ups say we should all look beyond personel issues and do what is best for the sport? I think not. Sorry to get off track...but not allowing the new Tohatsu in D mod is going to cost some clubs money. Ugh
        ya, it pretty much killed the class in Reg10, but lets not go there again. Its too late to do anything about it till the next Nat. Meeting.........

we STILL need a clarification on the topics of this discussion.................
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

rails

i have an e mail into ed....sent it this afternoon. the way i understand is that rails are legal, and u do have to have a rounded pickle, regardless as to when the boat was built. Kyle Bahl looked up the notes from last year. I am going to buy new rub rails for my sponsons. Davey

Comment

I'm in

Dave,

The D-Railer will be running DSH at Mossyrock. I'll be there.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Mossyrock.

Thanx Pat....that makes a class for us. Are u driving or is Thumper?

Comment

I'll be driving. With KB as Race Director, he's only running 1 class and he wants to run the CSR. Looking forward to playing raceboat!

R-19
                www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Amber Biggins is my screen saver!! Pat were's that pic. when we need it.

99R

Comment

Bill-Don't blame the 'east coast bias' here. These rules came about to try and make boat racing safer. The idea from UIM. If you want to talk to a UIM safety rep...they're one in our region, his name is Bob Wartinger. He can help you clarify the SORC's decision. Now the decision not to not grandfather boats is an interesting one (clarify i was not on that commision). But it's the rule for 10' if you want to change it for next year send me an email with reasons that this rule is un-safe and does not make boat racing safer. 1/2 inch is not much. I didn't see billy allen complain when he sawed down his pickle tips in florida on a 2 year old hemp...just saying.

Daren- the rule this year is 1/2 inch width on pickle tips. aluminum rails are legal.
                    Kyle Bahl
                    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Rub rails

yep...kyle is right. aluminum is legal for this year. Folks...dont be to afraid of the 1/2 radius thing....it is only the width of a 25 cent piece. Pat....when u pass me in the first turn....wave at me. It will be good to see u in a race boat again. DSH dave

Comment

ok dave

yep...kyle is right. aluminum is legal for this year. Folks...dont be to afraid of the 1/2 radius thing....it is only the width of a 25 cent piece. Pat....when u pass me in the first turn....wave at me. It will be good to see u in a race boat again. DSH dave

yah lol you dont own an A hydro-- when we go to cut the pickle tips off the sorensen we will have a square shovel nose-- no tips left-- so we are bagging A hydro boatwill be kpro and axh.......

Comment

OK, if rub rails are legal this year it raises a question for my boat and inspecting; my ASH Blackwell hydro meets the 1/2" radius with aluminum rub rails in place.

Does this satisfy the min 1/2" pickle tip requirement? Being an inspector, as the rule reads I would have to allow it because the tip of the sponson meets the minimum radius.

Any input?

Comment

My I just read the rules that have been updated on 4/14/10 on the APBA website. The 1/2" radius applies to ALL SO (Updated), MO after 10/31/07 (no change) & PRO after 10/31/08 (no change).

The part about the half oval aluminum rub rails states MO & PRO are allowed as long as the moulding is 1/2" wide. It does not specifically state you cannot use it on SO unless you have breakaway forks which cannot contain any other material than the outer shell.

Being a rookie starter this is all confusing because it looks as though they are leaving it up to the ref's. So it may be good to go at 1 site but not at another. I hope all rookies are not have this much trouble understanding.

Thank goodness I am running in AMOD and my boat was built in '99. But next year I was thinking about running in some stock classes also. So I hope this is cleared up by then.

Mike Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Mike45 View Post
                              My I just read the rules that have been updated on 4/14/10 on the APBA website. The 1/2" radius applies to ALL SO (Updated), MO after 10/31/07 (no change) & PRO after 10/31/08 (no change).

The part about the half oval aluminum rub rails states MO & PRO are allowed as long as the moulding is 1/2" wide. It does not specifically state you cannot use it on SO unless you have breakaway forks which cannot contain any other material than the outer shell.

Being a rookie starter this is all confusing because it looks as though they are leaving it up to the ref's. So it may be good to go at 1 site but not at another. I hope all rookies are not have this much trouble understanding.

Thank goodness I am running in AMOD and my boat was built in '99. But next year I was thinking about running in some stock classes also. So I hope this is cleared up by then.

Mike Stevenson
                              Just stick with Mod, less hassel
                              Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Let's Pray

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                                Just stick with Mod, less hassel
                                Let's Pray they don't get their hooks into Mod with all this stuff, but if history repeats itself, it will find its way in. I think typically the commision votes it down, then the saftey commision mandates it. If I recall right, that is how the FAH hight rule was done... with only a week or so before the Winter nat's.

Yes, I have a problem with the process of implementing the saftey rules as the process is currently.
                                Last edited by Dave M; 04-21-2010, 07:39 AM.
                                Dave Mason
                                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                                X