No announcement yet.

aluminum rub rails illegal...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff, Good work, However, the rules are still in the rule book from the APBA web site!!!
    bill b

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
      Please read your minutes guys:

http://www.apba-racing.com/Forms/201...0SOminutes.pdf

I proposed to toss out this rule in Seattle and our SORC voted unanimously to do so.

This included the slick attempt to create a thickness on runabout noses.

cool, they are going back on!!!!!! thanks Jeff..............
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

What about the poor folks at Lawrence; did they save their sponson tips to glue back on?

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
          Jeff, Good work, However, the rules are still in the rule book from the APBA web site!!!

So how does the printed rule book read that is mailed out to members?
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP
          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

How about the MOD Winter Nationals in Rainbow Al. This weekend. I just got a call from Tim Weber about a Bezots owner he buddies up with. I told him to be careful or he will have a hole to fill.
            bill b

Comment

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
              They say the same thing.
              bill b

Comment

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
                Same as it does in the online version.

Comment

I like the "intent" of the rule.

Perhaps the Stock Safety Committee should consult the OPC Safety Commitee as how they implemented their tip changes. I imageine OPC would tell you they learned A LOT of what not to do, i.e. adjusting the rule for five years strait. Measure twice, cut once. I know of a few tunnel boats that are twelve or so inches shorter now because they followed the updated rule each year...

I also just ordered aluminum looking rub rails to replace the real aluminum rails on my boat. Problem fixed, done and done.

Funny, I ran a OSY with the longest, sharpest tips of any boat at Lawrence, but didn't need to adjust them because it was built before 2008 - just an observation.
                  http://vitalire.com/

Comment

What a pickle we're in

Age of the boat or driver makes no difference - The pickles on a stocker need to have a half inch radius. Go steal a belt-sander and get busy. The rulebook, which was printed prior to the National meeting in Seattle this past January contains these il-written rules (ie, cut suit cert, dump the merc 15, rub-strips, etc). They were subsequently rescinded at this meeting as is recorded in the minutes. But the rule book is still out there.

Unfortunately, not everyone has access to the APBA website. Or, perhaps like me, are unable to download the pdf file because their laptop or pc won't cooperate with Adobe Acrobat. My pc at the shop can but not my sons laptop at the house!! So, that means there are a number of people who likewise can't be on hydroracer either. It's no wonder confusion reigns on some issues.

Ed Hearn is making a concerted effort to get the information out via Propeller - read it closely.

Alex

Comment

so the sorc in seattle this january voted to keep with the current rule and minor changes-- ok so which current rule (2009 book or the new 2010 book)? and this takes effect when? 2011??? so is it to coincide with the 2010 rules or 2009? everything is a year in the works before surfacing. There was nothing I found stating it was rescinded starting this year--so neither the rules on the web site nor printed version say any different about this january's meeting in regard to the 2010 rules of no rub rails(alum) and 1/2" radius. I was not the inspector at the race but i was the referee and it was brought to my attention so there you have it-- like nfl on monday night-- you make the call...............

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Rautenberg View Post
                        so the sorc in seattle this january voted to keep with the current rule and minor changes-- ok so which current rule (2009 book or the new 2010 book)? and this takes effect when? 2011??? so is it to coincide with the 2010 rules or 2009? everything is a year in the works before surfacing. There was nothing I found stating it was rescinded starting this year--so neither the rules on the web site nor printed version say any different about this january's meeting in regard to the 2010 rules of no rub rails(alum) and 1/2" radius. I was not the inspector at the race but i was the referee and it was brought to my attention so there you have it-- like nfl on monday night-- you make the call...............
                        Susan you suck!!!! haha........just kiddin! We know you were just going by what the rule book and online book stated.............no harm, no foul.........

definately a better process needs to be figured out, as one cannot rely on "the minutes" to run a race.........
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

and the way it sits---its the rule i believe so whats the point of reverting next year if the way it stands now you have to comply??? i dont think jan 2010 sorc vote takes place til 2011?? AND since there was nothing to the contrary and it is a safety rule--we had to comply it does not say different........ felt kinda cr*ppy having to bring it to the front of the class when "my kids" were running jh and ax hydro in which we did not have to comply-- believe me it was not my intent for the weekend-- i caught some serious h*ll but most racers were pretty good about the whole thing and we all survived

Comment

SO Pickel Forks

Susan
                            We were told at the Stock Winter Nationals that the new rule was in NOW.You need to check with your stock VP.
                            Tom

Comment

Saftey

Susan,

If it was a saftey rule, which they all are now-a-days, it would be effective in I believe 30 days from the saftey committee implementing them. I think the way these safety rules are crammed, I mean implemented into the categories is found in the general racing and rules book you get with the membership package.

Lots of very good boat builders used metal rub rails to cover up the outside edge seam on sponsons. I have a boat that has these, older boat.

It would be interesting to see how they came up with this idea of removing them. I know they preach about needing facts and data to back up the rules, I can't think of one single accident that could be attributed to these cheap flimsey rub rails. I could be wrong though, as I am sure they had the data to back it up. Or was it the one voice of the almighty ?
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

i was "informed" of the rule in the rule book by a "higher up" and asked what was i going to do about it? so we went by the printed rule--- and if youre telling me now that in some minutes somewhere from a meeting in january-which wasnt in propeller mag etc is a rescind of the 2010 printed rule--- well then i hope u guys that volunteer keep right on volunteering cuz im not going to anymore..... i dont see it anywhere that states different besides sorc minutes and thats not goood enough-to be honest i didnt take the time which i dont have to read the friggin minutes--just give me the rules and away we go--not pages of cr*p that didnt pass etc..... i guess no one else read them either that ran stock cuz i had no one say different--not even the commissioners so whatever-- sorc needs to figure it out and make it clear if 2010 is the rule in the book for the year or if it has been rescinded for this year--make it known-- good luck!!!! seems to me that rules made in 2010 go into effect in 2011 and if its going to be implemented for 2010 and passed in 2010 it goes through the board for approval? then printed in propeller? maybe my mailman stole my issue of propeller happens sometimes

Comment

Working...
                                X