Lake Lawrence Record Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Results?

Looking for any word from Lake Lawrence......

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

No records yesterday on the 1 1/4, but Guedo was pretty close in D, OSY, 20ss.
      Nice day today, with the course set at 1mi.

Jimi O.

Comment

Lake Lawrence today

Since we weren't racing the best part for me today was meeting Dave Sullivan and catching some of his enthusiasm, seeing Aussie Steve out there running pretty strong, and Jason C driving a boat with the training wheels on. Good job to all the new and semi new guys. Oh yea, and Kyle Bahl's new OSY boat looked pretty good today too. Aaron Peterson rasta paint job is a real eye catcher as well. Fun and stress free day, kinda nice for a change.

PS gratz to Guedo on the OSY record
        Moby Grape Racing
        "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Mikey Perman definitely did get the most air with the Cessna flyby, but Jamie Nilsen came in a close second...

http://julie-a-sparrowgrove.smugmug....34202782_HtmF3

Suppose I can't talk too loud, as I did just about the same maneuver as Jamie, but in the first corner.

My favorite part of the weekend was Saturday morning and the cutting of the sponson tips. Somehow, not one of us heard that the sponson tips needed to be rounded, and as a safety rule, needed to be heeded by!

Here's Susan telling us...
          Here's Jimi's shock...
          Here's Jimi cutting!

Also, no aluminum rub rails, so a few of us had killer duct tape squares every 4 inches around the boats covering every screw hole.

All's well... I guess we need to pay a bit more attention!
          Attached Files
          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
            My favorite part of the weekend was Saturday morning and the cutting of the sponson tips. Somehow, not one of us heard that the sponson tips needed to be rounded, and as a safety rule, needed to be heeded by!

Here's Jimi's shock...
            Here's Jimi cutting!

Also, no aluminum rub rails, so a few of us had killer duct tape squares every 4 inches around the boats covering every screw hole.

The best part is your Stock Commisioner cutting off HIS rub rails, talk about need to pay attention

Looks like the guy with the yellow boat behind Jimi outsmarted all of you
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Here's Jimi's shock...
              Here's Jimi cutting!

I thought the rounded pickle rule only applied to new boats built after a certain date. Am I wrong? or is that just for mod?
              Sattler Racing R-15
              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
              TEAM VRP
              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Rounders

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
                I thought the rounded pickle rule only applied to new boats built after a certain date. Am I wrong? or is that just for mod?
                You are thinking of PRO and Mod, Stock decided it should be ALL boats.
                Moby Grape Racing
                "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                  You are thinking of PRO and Mod, Stock decided it should be ALL boats.

Thanks for clearing that up
                  Sattler Racing R-15
                  350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                  TEAM VRP
                  The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Fastest Water In The Country???

Wow, what a weekend for records. As an outboarder, I apologize in advance if I make a mistake on inboard information...in part, by drivers and not owners (sorry). But, if I am correct their were 9 records set during the weekend. One outboard record and eight (yes, 8) inboard records.

Outboards:

Sat. 1 1/4 mile lap 5 mile course. No records. A little windy at both Jamie Nilsen and John Peeters can attest to, being outfront in their heats of CSH and OSY-400 only to go on their heads. Many racers close to records.

Sun. 1 mile lap 3 mile course. John Peeters record in OSY-400 (smoking fast). Again, many racers close to records.

Inboards:

Sat. 1 1/4 mile lap course. Two records, Jesse Robertson in 2.5 Stock and Dave Villwock in Pro Stock.

Sun. 1 mile lap course. Records in all 6 classes. Dan Kanfoush in 1 Liter, Jesse Robertson (again) in 2.5 Stock, Tommy Thompson in 2.5 Mod, John Zimmerman in 5 Liter, Jeff Bernard in National Mod, and Dave Villwock (again) in Pro Stock.

A hope I didn't leave anything out?

Thanks for all that attended and remember outboard (record) Lawrence Lake September 24-26.

Jim

Comment

Mikey Perman definitely did get the most air with the Cessna flyby, but Jamie Nilsen came in a close second...

http://julie-a-sparrowgrove.smugmug....34202782_HtmF3

Suppose I can't talk too loud, as I did just about the same maneuver as Jamie, but in the first corner.

Here's Jimi's shock...
                      Here's Jimi cutting!

APRIL FOOLS!!! Ha ha .
                      bill b

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
                        APRIL FOOLS!!! Ha ha .
                        nope, not at all!! Anyone wanna buy some aluminum rub rails? I am sure there could be a group sale!!
                        Last edited by mercguy; 04-12-2010, 07:03 PM.
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Sponsons

Tony//just so you know, there was NO disscusion on not allowing aluminum rub rails on pickleforks at any of the stock commision meetings. The rule had to have been put in during the safety meetings....did not really appreciate your comment much. I pay very close attention at these meetings. I think this is about the dumbest rule I have ever seen..If you are going 80 mph in D hydro and crash into somebody...I don't think a little 1/2 wide piece of soft aluminum is going to make a whole lot of difference. Also, I would not have spent big bucks on the trim for my new boat if I had know. I was perhaps more suprised then anybody else when Susan and I (as referee she did not know also) found the new rule in the book. Dave

Comment

lol yah-- referee not inspector but we found er in the ole book

Comment

really???

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                              Tony//just so you know, there was NO disscusion on not allowing aluminum rub rails on pickleforks at any of the stock commision meetings. The rule had to have been put in during the safety meetings....did not really appreciate your comment much. I pay very close attention at these meetings. I think this is about the dumbest rule I have ever seen..If you are going 80 mph in D hydro and crash into somebody...I don't think a little 1/2 wide piece of soft aluminum is going to make a whole lot of difference. Also, I would not have spent big bucks on the trim for my new boat if I had know. I was perhaps more suprised then anybody else when Susan and I (as referee she did not know also) found the new rule in the book. Dave
                              why am i surprised... way to go APBA..... i can't wait til wyatt is 5 next year and he can run carts or quarter midgets... i really enjoyed this sport until i wanted to be a part of it.
                              Last edited by Team 12R; 04-12-2010, 11:26 PM. Reason: x
                              Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

[QUOTE=... i really enjoyed this sport until i wanted to be a part of it.[/QUOTE]

We were just talking about this the other day. It seems the more involved a person gets in this sport the more sour the taste is in the mouth.

Now we know why some folks show up and race and then head strait home when they get done with there heats. "Hear no Evil..see no Evil..Speak no Evil..."

I guess the alum rub rails are the half round molding on the edge of the sponsons. Can somebody explain what was the safety concern? Please!
                                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Working...
                                X