Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MI ?

Originally posted by 14J View Post
    At this point I might as well. My new trailer is currently being stored in Marshall, my boat is being built in an undisclosed location in region 6, hell Clark took me on my first snowmobiling trip and now I dream of snow.

The best part of course is being that much closer to the Pavlicks. Although after seeing where they had to pit at Grass Lake I may not want to associate with them. Even Reed was treated better than that.
    Troy,

Marshall MI is the home of boat racer night on Thursdays at the Copper bar. Should you come to pick it up, let us know, might buy you a beer or two.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• I also would like to apologize for not saying more during the engine portion of the 20 talk. Mike & I talked and we thought the vote was going to go in an opposite direction. Some of the SORC surprised us with hoe they voted. It was a tuff lesson to learn and a lesson that won’t happen again. You would have thought Don Sr. would have taught me more. Or maybe I should have listened more when he was teaching.

Scott while I have no data to support this, I can tell you that our family and the Warnock’s have on several occasions over the years put our Mercury’s out on the water to allow the OMC to race in A. One could argue that someone with an OMC would have stepped up if we didn’t? That is a big unknown. I only know what we did and what it allowed. And it’s ok that we differ on this one.

Matt just wait to you see Donny's new boat's this year. Since he let it out of the bag during his speach...maybe some didn't catch it since they were laughing at his Waffle House Enchilada story. It should be another fun year.
      "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by pav225 View Post
        Matt,
        I agree. We blew it and I apologize to the 20ssH drivers who would like to see it remain a very competitive, and affordable, Yamato class. We were convinced that the vote was going to be different and consequently didn't say enough to protect the class. Thanks for your defense in the meeting, we were pretty shocked at the result.

I guess I would be interested in knowing what current 20ssH drivers think of the change.

- Mike
        Mike I have talked to several 20 drivers since we spoke last Sunday.

While they are not happy I don't think many will openly voice their opinion. To quote one of them, "I just don't want to rock the boat for fear of ramification”. Which in it self speaks volumes for our sport. Probably why we only see the same names on HR voicing any of their opinions.

To quote one of the other drivers. I’ll race for another year or two and if I’m getting beat by the Sidewinders and can’t come close to competing then I have to go away, I can’t afford a $4800.00 engine. What he was really upset about is that we don’t have any classes now that are inexpensive to get into. He said, if the Sidewinder is the engine of choice in all the classes how do we think the average person is going to afford to get into racing. I really didn’t have a good answer.
        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by pav225 View Post
          Matt,
          I agree. We blew it and I apologize to the 20ssH drivers who would like to see it remain a very competitive, and affordable, Yamato class. We were convinced that the vote was going to be different and consequently didn't say enough to protect the class. Thanks for your defense in the meeting, we were pretty shocked at the result.

I guess I would be interested in knowing what current 20ssH drivers think of the change.

- Mike
          We run 20SSH with a restricted 302 and look forward to owning a SW when it collects points and records. Running just off the records with the 302R, we look forward to putting a SW and 302 in the same heat and let them go against each other..... I am assuming parity here. I also realize I am in the minority about the 1 engine one class. But, stop and remember we are fairly new to the sport, bought used 302's (2000) and used boats(800) and used props(???) to begin 3 years ago..... but we are competitive.
          Last edited by drbyrne55; 02-05-2010, 01:56 PM.
          BOPP

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave M View Post
            Troy,

Marshall MI is the home of boat racer night on Thursdays at the Copper bar. Should you come to pick it up, let us know, might buy you a beer or two.
            Awesome, I'll let you know when I make the trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Don View Post
              I also would like to apologize for not saying more during the engine portion of the 20 talk. Mike & I talked and we thought the vote was going to go in an opposite direction. Some of the SORC surprised us with hoe they voted. It was a tuff lesson to learn and a lesson that won’t happen again. You would have thought Don Sr. would have taught me more. Or maybe I should have listened more when he was teaching.

Scott while I have no data to support this, I can tell you that our family and the Warnock’s have on several occasions over the years put our Mercury’s out on the water to allow the OMC to race in A. One could argue that someone with an OMC would have stepped up if we didn’t? That is a big unknown. I only know what we did and what it allowed. And it’s ok that we differ on this one.

Matt just wait to you see Donny's new boat's this year. Since he let it out of the bag during his speach...maybe some didn't catch it since they were laughing at his Waffle House Enchilada story. It should be another fun year.
              I can think of several times since I started that we would have been sidelined for the day/weekend without you guys fielding a Merc in A. Thank you

I laughed through all most ALL of his speech
              I think the only time i laughed harder that night was Logans "It has been years in the making"
              Last edited by Kev43V; 02-05-2010, 02:05 PM.

"The Coffee Guy"
              TEAM CAFFEINE
              Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
              " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

• Merc in the A class

If the Mercurys made the race at local events. Then one reasonable solution would have been to allow a them to step up to complete the field at local races and leave the Merc in the J category. This would also encourage young drivers to step up to the A class with the merc to get seat time.

Then we would only have to contend with parity between the OMC and the sidewinder. Helping or slowing down the sidewinder to be in the mix with the OMC, which so far looks to be pretty close.

Now, you will likely disrupt all of the exisitng OMC motors to slow them down to allow the Mercury to compete.

The Mercury issue was a debate all Summer. Now it has been mandated to slow down OMC's. It was just voted in.

The Parity committee for the A class was not limited to the OMC and Sidewinder. It will be an A class parity committee. Totally controlled by the tuck rule guy who has openly lobbied that the A class is too fast and stated he can push anything through in the Name of safety "learned it from Don Senior" how is he doing?
                Last edited by reed28n; 02-05-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• The worst case scenerio 25SSH

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
                  We run 20SSH with a restricted 302 and look forward to owning a SW when it collects points and records. Running just off the records with the 302R, we look forward to putting a SW and 302 in the same heat and let them go against each other..... I am assuming parity here. I also realize I am in the minority about the 1 engine one class. But, stop and remember we are fairly new to the sport, bought used 302's (2000) and used boats(800) and used props(???) to begin 3 years ago..... but we are competitive.
                  The best safety valve for you guys out there is you will likely end up with a 25SSH class with all 20 cubic inch sidewinders. Once you get a ride in that class with the 20 cubes, 14:19 gears, light weight motor, light weight flywheel........you will like the ride......you might never want to run that D again!

Comment

• Perfect

Originally posted by Big Don View Post

To quote one of the other drivers. I’ll race for another year or two and if I’m getting beat by the Sidewinders and can’t come close to competing then I have to go away, I can’t afford a $4800.00 engine. What he was really upset about is that we don’t have any classes now that are inexpensive to get into. He said, if the Sidewinder is the engine of choice in all the classes how do we think the average person is going to afford to get into racing. I really didn’t have a good answer.
                    This is why i support Yamato in the C/20ss classes. These engines are PROVEN and have been the backbone of our sport for 30 years!! The 302 was poised to be the MOTOR OF CHOICE in both classes for years to come affording most of us on a tight budget to compete for a 'reasonable' amount of money.

I certainly support Sidewinders efforts in classes that need new engines but as my mom use to say 'a place for everything and everything in it's place'. Ok, time to go shovel the foot of snow falling here in Maryland! jeez.

Comment

• A place

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                      as my mom use to say 'a place for everything and everything in it's place'.
                      We know, we have seen your truck. You are the new Nippy Pauls!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                        This is why i support Yamato in the C/20ss classes. These engines are PROVEN and have been the backbone of our sport for 30 years!! The 302 was poised to be the MOTOR OF CHOICE in both classes for years to come affording most of us on a tight budget to compete for a 'reasonable' amount of money.

I certainly support Sidewinders efforts in classes that need new engines but as my mom use to say 'a place for everything and everything in it's place'. Ok, time to go shovel the foot of snow falling here in Maryland! jeez.
                        Matt you werent listining, your mind must of been somewhere else lololol

Pat

waiting for your snow ughhhhhhhh

Comment

• Grinding

Mr. Reed How much longer til your "ax" has been ground down to its handle. GIVE IT A REST AND MOVE ON!!!!

Comment

• Grinding the AX.....

Originally posted by carl View Post
                            Mr. Reed How much longer til your "ax" has been ground down to its handle. GIVE IT A REST AND MOVE ON!!!!
                            I am just going to come out & say what all the emails flying around from personal accounts have sum'd up.

Pop Trolian was an innovator for the sport & knew the direction the Stock Category needed to go. Though getting it done was like swimming against the current but things were shaping up with Scott at the helm!

Anyone who is on the commision currently & was in place under Scott's leadership but now voted this year to undo the progress made over last few.... Look up the word integrity! As you have NONE!

Edward your tactics to regain the helm do not fly with me; nor would they have with our mutual close friend. But what has been done is done & you have your puppets in place.

I will not debate this over Hydroracer or emails with anyone, but I will gladly do it face to face. So if you have a response save it till we are @ the same race & seek me out; we will talk!

Brent
                            Last edited by 17W; 02-06-2010, 09:59 AM.
                            17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

• Brent,
                              Ponch would have exploded with anger at what has transpired.
                              I don't have as BIG of a problem with many of the decisions. For example:
                              If reinstating the 102/302 back in the 25SSR class were not on the agenda, I would have recommended it to be reinstated. I was expecting the 20 Sidewinder to be ready earlier in the year last year. Removing the Yamato's was too early. The Merc in A? I was disappointed but not surprised. I don't particularly like not having control over the technical aspects because we could have left it completely stock and there are other options to fill classes and get kids more seat time if that is truly the intent.
                              20SSH - I know all or at least most of the 20 drivers don't like what we've done and are concerned with the parity between the two motors. I believe the Sidewinder has enough horsepower to dominate this class. However, all the people that were involved with setting the goals for the future of this class do not want to go faster than the current 20SSH speed. The target speed range for the 20 Sidewinder is 64-66 MPH. We want people to transition to the Sidewinder because they want a new motor, not because they can't win with the Yamato. I also expect mostly Yamato drivers on the parity committee which has, in my opinion, too much power, but we'll see.
                              Obviously, I would have liked to see things go my way but our system works and compromise is the name of the game.
                              John Runne
                              2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

• The glass half full

Newer 20ssh driver checking in: Looking forward to racing against the sidewinders with a restricted 302 .... and then eventually owning one

Comment

Working...
                                X