Live From Seattle - APBA Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5-A View Post
    Newer 20ssh driver checking in: Looking forward to racing against the sidewinders with a restricted 302 .... and then eventually owning one
    If you can win with a restricted 302, why would you buy a sidewinder?

Comment

• Originally posted by 17W View Post
      I am just going to come out & say what all the emails flying around from personal accounts have sum'd up.

Pop Trolian was an innovator for the sport & knew the direction the Stock Category needed to go. Though getting it done was like swimming against the current but things were shaping up with Scott at the helm!

Anyone who is on the commision currently & was in place under Scott's leadership but now voted this year to undo the progress made over last few.... Look up the word integrity! As you have NONE!

Edward your tactics to regain the helm do not fly with me; nor would they have with our mutual close friend. But what has been done is done & you have your puppets in place.

I will not debate this over Hydroracer or emails with anyone, but I will gladly do it face to face. So if you have a response save it till we are @ the same race & seek me out; we will talk!

Brent
      We'll talk this over as your rebuilding my 20 engine.
      "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Don View Post
        ***To quote one of the other drivers. I’ll race for another year or two and if I’m getting beat by the Sidewinders and can’t come close to competing then I have to go away, *****.
        I hope you will explain to HIM what I have told you and everyone else about the purpose of the Parity Committee. Ed
        14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

• Originally posted by reed28n View Post
          Now, you will likely disrupt all of the exisitng OMC motors to slow them down to allow the Mercury to compete.

The Mercury issue was a debate all Summer. Now it has been mandated to slow down OMC's. It was just voted in.

****?

This is absolutely false information from someone who did not even attend the meeting! The purpose of the A Parity Committee is to achieve parity between the OMC and the Sidewinder engines. This was specifically discussed at the SORC meeting and parity with the Mercury engines is NOT a purpose or goal of the A Parity Committee.
          14-H

Comment

• I have...so time will tell. Let's hope you can get re-elected in two years.
            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by 17W View Post
              Edward your tactics to regain the helm do not fly with me;****

Brent
              That "tactic" is called Majority Rule, Brent. Sorry you disapprove. Edward.
              14-H

Comment

• 14-H

Making friends where ever he goes, loved by all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                  This is absolutely false information from someone who did not even attend the meeting! The purpose of the A Parity Committee is to achieve parity between the OMC and the Sidewinder engines. This was specifically discussed at the SORC meeting and parity with the Mercury engines is NOT a purpose or goal of the A Parity Committee.
                  Thanks for clearing the air on that one Ed. SW vs OMC are the main parity issues in A, not Merc. The Merc's intended reinstatement into A was to reduce "barriers to entry" by providing the ability for Merc rigs to fill classes at the local level. Giving owners of Merc rigs that normally run AXSH only(outgrown J), and sit on the beach for ASH, now they get a taste of A racing without having to buy a SW or OMC with the current economic situation our racers are facing. After all, the J Committee has made the Merc its motor of choice in the J category, having those rigs available at the local level will keep ASH alive long enough in R12 to promote the new SW motors and a new future class structure. Hard to promote new motors locally, if the class isn't run locally.
                  Last edited by AZ Outlaw; 02-07-2010, 07:51 AM.
                  sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by fitsracing View Post
                    14-H

Making friends where ever he goes, loved by all.
                    Kevin: If those were my goals, I would have been a Baptist Preacher (& would probably be making a lot more money)!
                    14-H

Comment

• Thanks for clearing the air on that one Ed. SW vs OMC are the main parity issues in A, not Merc. The Merc's intended reinstatement into A was to reduce "barriers to entry" by providing the ability for Merc rigs to fill classes at the local level.
                      Law of unintended consequences:

The main issue of concern with the Merc in A is allowing a motor into Stock Outboard that Stock Outboard has no technical control over. The J committee is responsible for the Merc 15.

Some people believe we are just one modification away from the Merc motor becoming the dominant motor in A and that there is a group of people that want that to happen. Given the history of modifications allowed already on the Merc 15 I believe that to be a valid area of concern.

The reinstatement of Merc into A does not reduce a "barrier to entry" as our leadership has defined it. The barriers to entry refer to getting into the sport, not transitioning from class to class.

BW
                      Last edited by B Walker; 02-07-2010, 12:13 PM.
                      302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

• Go Big Bill

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
                        [B]

The reinstatement of Merc into A does not reduce a "barrier to entry" as our leadership has defined it. The barriers to entry refer to getting into the sport, not transitioning from class to class.

BW

Well said my dear old friend from Florida! You were as dapper as always at the HOC banquet sporting the tux

However, the Merc issue was a lightning rod which lead to the downfall of the previous SORC and it's Chairman. I for one along with our region support the Merc in Stock Outarding racing. We wish the Sidewinder program well but having the Merc 'available' certainly gives the SORC and the Stock outboard community a viable option down the road if necesssary.

Only time will tell...............
                        Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 02-07-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by B Walker View Post
                          Law of unintended consequences:

The main issue of concern with the Merc in A is allowing a motor into Stock Outboard that Stock Outboard has no technical control over. The J committee is responsible for the Merc 15.

Some people believe we are just one modification away from the Merc motor becoming the dominant motor in A and that there is a group of people that want that to happen. Given the history of modifications allowed already on the Merc 15 I believe that to be a valid area of concern.

BW
                          modifications will/should be delt with by the A parity committee if the merc indeed becomes the dominant motor because of modifications yet to be discovered....Not allowing the Merc in A is a barrier to entry in the SO category for members looking to move from the J Category to the Stock Outboard Category with their Merc....That is a category transition not a class transition.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Outlaw View Post
                            modifications will/should be delt with by the A parity committee if the merc indeed becomes the dominant motor because of modifications yet to be discovered....Not allowing the Merc in A is a barrier to entry in the SO category for members looking to move from the J Category to the Stock Outboard Category with their Merc....That is a category transition not a class transition.
                            See Ed's post about A parity. There will be no parity with the Merc, he says, and I hope that is correct. The only parity is between the SW and OMC for the A class, as it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
                              See Ed's post about A parity. There will be no parity with the Merc, he says, and I hope that is correct. The only parity is between the SW and OMC for the A class, as it should be.
                              True that...but if the situation arises where Merc's dominate the A classes over OMC and SW, the SORC will have no choice but to do something I would assume? I highly "doubt" that will occur, but the opportunity is there in any class for a particular motor to become dominant until there is only one motor available in each class.
                              sigpic

Comment

• And there you have it!

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                                Well said my dear old friend from Florida! You were as dapper as always at the HOC banquet sporting the tux

However, the Merc issue was a lightning rod which lead to the downfall of the previous SORC and it's Chairman. I for one along with our region support the Merc in Stock Outarding racing. We wish the Sidewinder program well but having the Merc 'available' certainly gives the SORC and the Stock outboard community a viable option down the road if necesssary.

Only time will tell...............
                                Mr. Hearn,

The above statement is a movement that you have started. Your stated goal or not you now have the Merc in the class and if majority rule is the order of the day, you will very likely continue to see Mercury owners lobby for parity. Putting the motor back in the class was the first incremental step.

Carl..... a debate does not exist if we are all on the same side. I will grind the ax for the health of our sport. I address individuals for a reference and I am only debating their opinions. It is not personal it is only about the subject matter.

Hydro Racer has become a place raise awareness and exchange information.

If the worst thing to come out of my posts or APBA involvement is to get you mad enough to get involved and work toward improving our Stock Outboard membership, then it is worth the personal attacks I receive from people who can't make the seperation between personal and business.

and if this site is your only source of motivatin to race or your only source for information regarding our sport you need to get more involved.

Get to your club meetings and talk to the people who really do all of the work in our Regions across the APBA country.

Comment

Working...
                                X