Sidewinder in A class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...what he said.

Greg is spot on. Even if the Sidewinders are approved unanimously, unfortunately if history is any indication, it will not be a smooth transition.

Let's see if the A, B or 25 drivers boycott Winternationals if a Sidewinder shows up. Think it won't happen? Ask the Tohatsu guys about how they were treated once SO legalized their motor.

I wish Racing Outboards well. Here's hoping that their engines are approved and that their skins are thick!

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Bring on the Sidewinder. I've got a France ASH that is looking to break 60 mph.

Kants 83 CE

Comment

Wow, hot thread becomes dead, I didn't offend any cryers or whiners, did I? If so, I'm deeply sorry...
        Last edited by Gunjumper; 11-06-2009, 04:38 AM.
        Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
          Wow, hot thread becomes dead, I didn't offend any cryers or whiners, did I? If so, I'm deeply sorry...
          Hey Greg,

I'm sort of shocked, too, as this seems like such a welcoming forum... but John Runne said no more questions. ; )

Talk to you soon,
          Mike
          hauenstein outboard team
          186-W * 28-C * 4-T * C-101

Comment

Greg is on the money

Sidewinder is being held to higher standard that than any other motor that has been introduced. On one hand people spread negative stuff about the progress that Racing Outbaord has made and on the other hand they state the fear that the motors will be too fast!

So which is it?

I have been in constant contact with Racing Outboard during the last two years and we have a very open communication. I been let in on every change, every hurdle and every next step they intended to make to improve the performance. I have been truly honored to have such unprecendented access to a motor manufacture. Racing Outboard is a class act.

I have discussed many times a plan to bring the motors into the classes that we need new power plants and monitor their perfomance as to not obsolete any existing motors. (or parity)

People against the project are confusing what the Steering Committee (formed under Ed Hearn's administration) with the elected SORC it is critically important that people do not confuse the two.

Each class was carefully considered....... the sidewinder will succeed and the SORC should endorse it by legalizing the A motor this year. monitor its progress, we have a manufacturer that will work with us to get the speed right, but let it race and let them market a motor in two classes, 15SS and A.

If you run 12th in the field of OMC A's you won't see any difference of rooster tails in front of you. The major difference is you will have a much better chance of buying a sidewinder that will perform as good as all the other sidewinders, than attempting to scour the planet to find one of the remaining super OMC motors......those are becoming more rare.

Don't let the commissioners that have inventories of OMC motors vote in a biased way.

Comment

I'm not trying to be negitive here but!!!!!! They still have not advertized the motor so the public can see pictures, prices, performance data, a broucure, or anything pertaining to the sale of this great engine. Scott thats great that you have kept in touch with Ron and Ed. Lets get it on Hydroracer as an add to sell them. In the Propeller for all to view and see. You have the power to pay for the promotion of the engine in these 2 forums don't you? Lets get off your duffs and get-er-done. I Vote John Runne as there sales manager. He is always first to defend for them. Even though his end message says he is in no way a part of the Sidewinder factory. Just a thought from a guy who has had to much Mountain Dew, no job and to much time on his hands. Mikey
              mike ross

Comment

Racing outboards do have an add in Propeller with the web page URL. the Racing Outboards web site has been up for years. it shows the data sheet, specifications and price.
                what more do you want?
                Every racer in the country knows how to contact them.
                New racers will need that info just like they will need info for Montoya (spelling) for a Yamoto.
                Gene Schertz 26V
                TEAM CAFFEINE
                Cranked up and ready to Roll
                Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Advertizing

Originally posted by mike ross View Post
                  I'm not trying to be negitive here but!!!!!! They still have not advertized the motor so the public can see pictures, prices, performance data, a broucure, or anything pertaining to the sale of this great engine. Scott thats great that you have kept in touch with Ron and Ed. Lets get it on Hydroracer as an add to sell them. In the Propeller for all to view and see. You have the power to pay for the promotion of the engine in these 2 forums don't you? Lets get off your duffs and get-er-done. I Vote John Runne as there sales manager. He is always first to defend for them. Even though his end message says he is in no way a part of the Sidewinder factory. Just a thought from a guy who has had to much Mountain Dew, no job and to much time on his hands. Mikey
                  Mikey,

We can do it as soon as we know that the new racer will be able to race the motors. Approve it and the advertising campaign will be rolled out.

Right now the ad would say

"Get one now and wait till we don't know when to race it! Just ride around, join the fun, watch your friends win the nationals and national high points awards."

Comment

Originally posted by mike ross View Post
                    I'm not trying to be negitive here but!!!!!! They still have not advertized the motor so the public can see pictures, prices, performance data, a broucure, or anything pertaining to the sale of this great engine. Mikey
                    Mike, I had the same concerns. This answered them:

http://www.racingoutboards.com/
                    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                    sigpic
                    Portland, Oregon
                    Johnson Racing

Comment

The good old American way, have competitition and let the best motor win

Comment

Working...
                      X