No announcement yet.

new motors, etc and support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of my favorite Jerry Maguire quote when Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding, Jr.) says:

"See, man, that's the difference between us. You think we're fighting, I think we're finally talking!"

BW
    302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Disagree

Originally posted by sam View Post
      I do have a vested interest in Stock racing ... I am certain there would be no Mod racing if there were no Stock racing.

I'll repeat myself: we are not in this alone, we all need each other
      Sam, I disagree with that. The engines are out there regardless of what category you race in. Mod has engines that stock does not, and there are many available today if you like the Mod principles. Given Mod's rules, I would say it could very well survive based on engine availablity. If you base it on participation, there are some stock folks crossing over at combined races.

I think the participation debate would be about the only debate on this.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Forward thinking...

Originally posted by Wayne mtl qc View Post
        If I was planning on getting my son started in J next year,is there any plans for the future on restricting the sidewinder as a J motor.I know if he were to start next year it would have to be omc/merc,but are there plans for this.

Hmmm, why would anyone consider buying a new motor? An old motor is cheaper.

I'm not being sarcastic. I want to hear some answers.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
          Hmmm, why would anyone consider buying a new motor? An old motor is cheaper.

I'm not being sarcastic. I want to hear some answers.
          I probably would buy new .... a Yamato 302 runs about $2100 .... shape the foot and you can run very well and know you're legal. I paid $2250 for a used one and got lucky.
          BOPP

Comment

Well my point is as before omc, pull the restrictor you have your A the same as Merc AX which means the J driver already has his motor for when he/she steps up.If you can't run a sidewinder in J then their market is not going to be as large because J drivers will bring there equipment with them.I'm just trying to see through the fog,I'm one of those guy's with a 102 that feels like were in the crosshairs.I don't want to end up with two white elephants. I have one ready for J & one who wants to start in 20ssh some of the new rulings are going to set back our time frame a little maybe a lot.I'm not complaining,just dealing with the realities and trying to look ahead.
            Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
            The eh TEAM
            "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

Working...
            X