Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOCK Proposals for National meeting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On another note. Why is it that so many people that long for the days when you could just go down to your local Merc dealer to buy racing motors are also the ones standing in the way of us being able to do just that now? Let's work together to make this happen. I want my grandchildren to be able to do this too.
    John Runne
    2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

• John,
      Exactly how many Sidewinders are available for purchase today in all the classes they have motors approved for?

A?
      15ci B?
      20ci?
      what else?

OMC gearcases?

and also how much is each product?

Not to stir it up just looking to see how many and how much for each? If they are not available today then when is a realistic production date of multiple units?

I applaud Ron and his efforts to support Stock racing but really would like to see these questions answered.
      444-B now 4-F
      Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

• I've been told that motors are available now for each class. The 15 motor is legal this year to run in the current B classes. The A & 20 are probational this year. All parts are in stock for all motors. They are ready to take orders now and have been for a year. Remember last year there were 4 -15's available at the National Meeting. They brought 7 motors to Ocoee also. I don't know the price.
        John Runne
        2-Z

Comment

• Thank you.

Any way you can find out pricing and also gearcase info prior to Raleigh?
          444-B now 4-F

Comment

• I believe they have 25 - 30 gearfeet on the shelf ready to go right now and I know they are working on the next batch. As soon as I find out about prices, I'll post it. I will be running my 20 at Pineville if I can go.
            John Runne
            2-Z

Comment

• Thanks John.
              444-B now 4-F

Comment

• Originally posted by csh2z View Post
                I've been told that motors are available now for each class. The 15 motor is legal this year to run in the current B classes. The A & 20 are probational this year. All parts are in stock for all motors. They are ready to take orders now and have been for a year. Remember last year there were 4 -15's available at the National Meeting. They brought 7 motors to Ocoee also. I don't know the price.
                John,

If I can be of assistance here please let me know. The last person to contact me about advertising on HR for the new motors was Ron and that was years ago. Of course advertising on HR is not free but nothing in life is anymore, please have the folks who are in charge of the PR for the new motors contact me so we can get something online that points folks in the right direction.
                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

• Thanks Dan, will do.
                  John Runne
                  2-Z

Comment

• I think the answer of not knowing how much this new motor costs is crazy. If they are for sale then why aren't we posting this on this web site. There are several out there running maybe they could chime in and tell us what they paid for them. If we are going to support Stock racing then these motor prices shouldn't be a mystery. I've seen Ed and Ron post on this website why can't they just post some pricing. I had a new guy that needs a foot and he should have been able to get his answer here on Hydroracer. I got him the info and he called and got what he needed. Lets start using the internet to get people this information. Every commisioner should have pricing info. Maybe we need a salesmanager. Mikey
                    mike ross

Comment

• Originally posted by mike ross View Post
                      Maybe we need a salesmanager. Mikey
                      Thanks for volunteering
                      "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

• Don't get me wrong I think this sidewinder project is great and we hope the future of stock outboard but isn't it a little early to discuss pulling the plug on 302/102 in 20ssh.Last year I ran csh/20ssh and most of the races I ran in 20ssh 302/102 got the class on the water.If we want the 20ss/b to grow we may still need 302/102 to sustain the class and make it look intresting to potential sidewinder buyers.It may have to run as a 4 moter class for a while to help insure the sidewinder has a class to takeover.Why should there even be discussion on this topic when it still is only probationary.Beleive me I plan on buying one in the future but I need the class to survive first. my 2 cents
                        Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
                        The eh TEAM
                        "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

• Originally posted by Admin View Post
                          John,

If I can be of assistance here please let me know. The last person to contact me about advertising on HR for the new motors was Ron and that was years ago. Of course advertising on HR is not free but nothing in life is anymore, please have the folks who are in charge of the PR for the new motors contact me so we can get something online that points folks in the right direction.
                          Actually, all one needs to do is look at the ad just above the big Racing Outboards logo at the bottom of the front page of HR. CPM is a Sidewinder dealer. I called the friendly proprieter (yes, Steve Greaves, the PRO Chair sells new Stock motors!), and he relayed the following information:

Sidewinder 15: $4,500 (add boxing & shipping)
                          Sidewinder 20: $4,600 (add boxing & shipping)
                          Powerheads only: $3,300 and $3,400
                          Gearfoot: $1,100
                          Didn't ask about the "A", but I'd bet $4,500 is close.

I'm in the last 96 hours of deciding to buy a 15. I believe in the motor, I believe in the class. But it scares the hell out of me that I'll have the only 15 rig on the West Coast for many years because nobody else will cowboy up. If my next step ends up a novelty act, the next step after will be to another hobby. So it's a tough call.

It's made tougher by an unwillingness by Racing Outboards to market their product, let alone sell it. I strongly support the five year plan and new motors, not to mention the RO folks stepping up and building motors. But just building motors leaves the job half done.
                          Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                          sigpic
                          Portland, Oregon
                          Johnson Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
                            Six classes for RO LLC and one for Yamato 302; Counter-point, I believe Ric has enough stock for several years to come. Europe works well with 302s and I'm sure Obama will sign off on an EPA exemption if needed in 7 years I suspect Ric invested well over $???,000 to support APBA and would like 2 class support. Maybe think about letting the current model Yamato 302 (restricted) continue to race 20SSH/BSH with the sidewinder .... not the Y80. Me .. keep the Y80 too and have a greatly supported B class
                            Hey Dr. Dan, if you're going to shoot from the hip, load your gun with something besides blanks. RO has two classes for each of 3 motors, just like the 302 has two classes - you might remember those boats that have one pointy thing instead of two? Runabouts. We're always looking for more CSRs - buy a 302 from Ric and send one out.

Aren't you the guy who bought the 202 last year?
                            Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                            sigpic
                            Portland, Oregon
                            Johnson Racing

Comment

• Wayne, We think the Yamato 80 will be around for a few more years before it becomes extinct through attrition. What we are trying to prevent is new people from investing in a class that is transitioning to a new single motor, the Sidewinder. That is why there is no proposal to phase out the Y80. We have been trying to get the word out for 2-3 years that these changes are going to happen. The sooner it becomes a reality, the fewer people will be effected. It seems that many are in denial about the changes that are and have been in the works for a couple of years. As to supporting Ric, probably the best idea to help boost his sales is to eliminate the obselete 102 in the C classes. The 302 should be the motor of choice in C. I hate when I hear a new guy bought a used 102 when he should have been advised by current racers that the 302 is a better investment.
                              John Runne
                              2-Z

Comment

• [I'm in the last 96 hours of deciding to buy a 15. I believe in the motor, I believe in the class. But it scares the hell out of me that I'll have the only 15 rig on the West Coast for many years because nobody else will cowboy up. If my next step ends up a novelty act, the next step after will be to another hobby. So it's a tough call.

It's made tougher by an unwillingness by Racing Outboards to market their product, let alone sell it. I strongly support the five year plan and new motors, not to mention the RO folks stepping up and building motors. But just building motors leaves the job half done.[/QUOTE]

I had a nice e-mail exchange with Ron last evening.

Rest easy. Ron will be sharing the promotional campaign with pricing, etc. next week at our annual meeting. Motors are ready and available. The pricing structure shared in your post is accurate.

It is also my understanding that (4) motor orders have been placed by the left coast. You're not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X