Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOCK Proposals for National meeting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On topic

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
    For those that don't know Revolution Boats is building an OSY and CSH molded/gelcoat/fiberglass/kevlar/foam core/carbon fiber boat for $3500.
    I appreciate what you're trying to do hear, but there is a whole other thread on this, unless you are making some sort of proposal with this I'm not aware of.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

• A common theme here has been costs .... motors, boats .... all increasing, just wanted to point out there is an effort to control costs and even reduce them.... but even at these price points and our economy, they too need support. We purchased 3 boats to help them get the projects going and tested .... I hope this project helps racing. .... I'll cease the thread jacking

My proposal actually was just emailed to me you.

Thanks for attending the meeting Tony.

Have a safe trip.

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
      I appreciate what you're trying to do hear, but there is a whole other thread on this, unless you are making some sort of proposal with this I'm not aware of.
      Last edited by drbyrne55; 01-15-2009, 02:16 PM.
      BOPP

Comment

• Hum.................

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
        For those that don't know Revolution Boats is building an OSY and CSH molded/gelcoat/fiberglass/kevlar/foam core/carbon fiber boat for $3500. They are also building a EURO 125 @($3800) and a EURO 250/350 @($4400). Below is the 250. I believe they 1 125 left priced @$3000 as intro pricing to cover mold costs.
        I think George Price (GP Hydro's) back here in Virginia is offering new construction J Class boats for under $1500!! Come east guys and join the party!!

Comment

• Originally posted by csh2z View Post
          Wayne, We think the Yamato 80 will be around for a few more years before it becomes extinct through attrition. What we are trying to prevent is new people from investing in a class that is transitioning to a new single motor, the Sidewinder. That is why there is no proposal to phase out the Y80. We have been trying to get the word out for 2-3 years that these changes are going to happen. The sooner it becomes a reality, the fewer people will be effected. It seems that many are in denial about the changes that are and have been in the works for a couple of years. As to supporting Ric, probably the best idea to help boost his sales is to eliminate the obselete 102 in the C classes. The 302 should be the motor of choice in C. I hate when I hear a new guy bought a used 102 when he should have been advised by current racers that the 302 is a better investment.
          Ok lets not open a new kettle of fish,the 102 should be allowed to run in "C" as long as there around ,if I had to buy new I would certainly buy a 302.As long as my 102 runs I should be able to run it.Plus if I do buy a 302 the 102 is a good backup when I have to drive 10 hrs to a race.
          Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
          The eh TEAM
          "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

• Another perspective from a new guy

It is not clear to me why you would eliminate a motor from a class through rulemaking. Seems to me that the principles of the free market should be applied. Let the racer decide how much motor he can afford to buy and go race with it. If he wants to go faster and can afford it, he can buy something else, or buy the new-in-box motor.

Instead of outlawing an older motor by a rule, let the older motors in class fade by parts attrition, and die a natural death. Telling a new guy he has to buy in with 2X or 3X the upfront money for a motor can also be a killer of growth and the future of the sport. Let them get started with less cash outlay on an older motor, then, if he likes the sport, he will naturally want to buy all the speed he can afford.

Anyway, just my opinion.....

(I'm still scratching my head on why the Merc is up on the chopping block for A??? Seems to me diversity in class would be a good thing, for racers and spectators...)
            Tom Burwinkle
            11-K
            sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

• yet another view

We also don't want new drivers to spend alot of time and money on equipment that may run out of parts before he gets his money out of it. A rookie who buys an engine then finds out, a year or two down the road, that the investment is all for not, will end up very discouraged. I, myself am putting together a CSH rig and am waiting to find out if the 102 is even worth the trouble, or will it be gone in a year or two. I don't want to be stuck with an illegal setup.
              Last edited by dwilderacer; 01-15-2009, 04:28 PM. Reason: added the last two sentences
              Dan Wilde
              58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

• To Me Everyone Keeps Saying Buy Keeping The New Guy From Buying A 10,20,30, Year Old Motor Just Sell Him A New Onr But 9 Times Out Of Ten He Or She Has To Buy This Motor From A Racer So Who Is Killing The Sport .

Comment

• Proposal to Stock Outboard ... late submission.

Remove "there shall be only one propeller of 3 blades or less" and replace with "there shall be only one propeller of 4 blades or less"
                  Last edited by drbyrne55; 01-15-2009, 05:32 PM.
                  BOPP

Comment

• One Motor per Class??

Was this ever voted on by the Racing members ? To me it seems strange to consider eliminating engines would make the sport grow. And what are the plans for DSh and DSR ? elimanate the Merc? ( after all of Daves work and $$ )

Comment

• Originally posted by Cameraboy View Post
                      Actually, all one needs to do is look at the ad just above the big Racing Outboards logo at the bottom of the front page of HR. CPM is a Sidewinder dealer. I called the friendly proprieter (yes, Steve Greaves, the PRO Chair sells new Stock motors!), and he relayed the following information:

Sidewinder 15: $4,500 (add boxing & shipping)
                      Sidewinder 20: $4,600 (add boxing & shipping)
                      Powerheads only: $3,300 and $3,400
                      Gearfoot: $1,100
                      Didn't ask about the "A", but I'd bet $4,500 is close.

I'm in the last 96 hours of deciding to buy a 15. I believe in the motor, I believe in the class. But it scares the hell out of me that I'll have the only 15 rig on the West Coast for many years because nobody else will cowboy up. If my next step ends up a novelty act, the next step after will be to another hobby. So it's a tough call.

It's made tougher by an unwillingness by Racing Outboards to market their product, let alone sell it. I strongly support the five year plan and new motors, not to mention the RO folks stepping up and building motors. But just building motors leaves the job half done.
                      Im glad their making new A engines but i cant afford a new engine thats out of my price range.
                      Bob

Comment

• Does SORC work for the membership of Stock Outboard or are they paid by Racing Outbords? Just an observation as I have seen no contrast from any Sorc member, on the Sidewinder issue. Where will my investments of my 15ci and 20ci HOTRODS end up? Will I still be able to compete in BSH/BSR and 25SSH/ 25SSR in the future? Yes, Ron Selewach has his own money and time invested but so does each and every Stock Outboard member. Can the SORC answer my concern truthfully with no hidden agendas as they have had for us HOTROD owners in the past? Disappointed HotRod owner and Stock Outboard member.

Tony Staron 33-F
                        Last edited by Tony Staron; 01-15-2009, 06:57 PM. Reason: Fla Spelling

Comment

• Of course we're on the take

but since you called me on it I guess I'll have to split the money with ya Tony. Personally, I will be getting plenty of this in NC, don't need to spout off now. I am going there with an open mind. I can tell you that doing what my constituents want, and what's best for Stock racing (like the pledge we take says) is not always the same thing.
                          Moby Grape Racing
                          "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

• Well put Tony....

Tony Staron, you are welcome to discuss off site any of your concerns with anyone on the Sorc including myself. I can be reached at christinenjeff@yahoo.com anytime. I have never had a hot rod or a sidewinder on my transom so I doubt I am bought and paid for. Many on the commission may feel the way you do but I will not speak for them. After you receive some direct info you may feel a little better.
                            http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

• Tony

Originally posted by PRAOF View Post
                              Does SORC work for the membership of Stock Outboard or are they paid by Racing Outbords? Just an observation as I have seen no contrast from any Sorc member, on the Sidewinder issue. Where will my investments of my 15ci and 20ci HOTRODS end up? Will I still be able to compete in BSH/BSR and 25SSH/ 25SSR in the future? Yes, Ron Selewach has his own money and time invested but so does each and every Stock Outboard member. Can the SORC answer my concern truthfully with no hidden agendas as they have had for us HOTROD owners in the past? Disappointed HotRod owner and Stock Outboard member.

Tony Staron 33-F
                              Missed you at Whitney Point this year. You missed a great APBA Stock event.

Comment

• Members

It is important to remember that even I am a member of Stock Outboard. All of the SORC members are Stock Outboard members. All of the proposals came from Stock Outboard members.

I will echo Tony Perman going with an open mind.

One point to note: the silent majority does not participate in posting on Hydro Racer. They may actually be working to save up for a new motor.

Scott Reed
                                28-N Raced from 1974 to 1980, highschool-college-wedding etc. then from 1993 to present

Raced JSR and JSH until I was too old, Raced BSR, BSH until it died in the Northeast, Raced DMR once, it didn't work out Iwent on my head, Raced CMR until I had no one to race, Race ASR until I was too fat, Raced Classic B popper until we didn't have enough for a race, now race CSR and CSH with 102's and 302's until the 102's are gone then all 302's, ordered my 20 CID Sidewinder for 25SSR (BSR) to support a class with dwindling participation, I race 25SSR (even though I am against having the restricted Yamato in the class, I race it because I am a boat whore, if it is there I will race it). Work my a$$ off on side jobs to pay for all of my racing, because being a garbage man does pay enough to race.

I will race as long as I am able in what ever the class, as many of you will. Tell me what the boat needs to be and what motor I can run and I will race you.

Why am I boring you with all of this? Because hundreds of families have seen motors and classes come and go and they are still here! Even Tony Staron...

Comment

Working...
                                X