Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOCK Proposals for National meeting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=reed28n;119827]Stock and J needs to consider the fact that our hydro's are not as big and do not go as fast.

I am really trying to stay positive here. yet i perceive your post as a complete figment of your imagination. Since when is A mod or even B mod faster and bigger (boats) than C stock or D stock?

"The Coffee Guy"
    TEAM CAFFEINE
    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by 26V View Post
      "quote"
      Our Boat tech committe will be recommending that our pickle point rule be written so that all boats that pass the Modified or Pro rule will be legal for Stock.
      But will our "Stock boats" be legal in Mod if we just comply with the stock rule for pickle points?
      the rule only applies to boats built after Oct 31, 2007

PS: I bet most older boats could be converted to the new MOD rule in less than 1hr.
      Last edited by mercguy; 12-10-2008, 08:08 PM.
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Measurements??????

Has any one ever tried to measure a Mod or Pro pickle fork????

Is this a rule where its there but not enforced? Was it inspected at the Whitney Point Nats. Was Data collected there if it was not in effect to see whats out there by the MORC?

I haven't figured out how to do it in a consistant manner. The MORC/PRO rule is a rule which is subject to interpratation in measurement which makes it a "Very Grey" rule. This is One of these rules which could be applied if some one wins a Nats who is not in the favor of the Gods of racing. NO Speed advantages. Not good for a consistant application and the sport of racing. Yes "SAFETY" is the implied reason, but can it be effectively enforced with consistancy. I think we all agree that a radiused pickle will provide a condition where contact forces are better distributed. But keep it simple and enforcable. I think the 3 Cats (S/M/P) need to resolve this together with something that is reasonable across the board and can be measured with consistancy.

Warbs
        64*W

Comment

marathons

I would like to see the minium boat rule, for marathon racing be lifted. If you pay your entry fee, beat yourself, and your equipment, for 20 mins. to a hour or more, you should get points for finishing. Marathons are a race aginst the clock.I believe this would help the boat numbers in B,25,and D, and increase the boat count at the the other 3 or 4 marathons, You will need to race more than 1 marathon for high point. Make the marathon nat'l quad points?

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

Pickle Fork Measuring

Why couldn't you simply make an inspection template with a 2" radius? Or whatever the radius stated in the rules?

Chris Johnson
            111-Z

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Warnock View Post
              Is this a rule where its there but not enforced? Was it inspected at the Whitney Point Nats.
              How many boats built after Oct 31, 2007 with less than 2" radiused do you think were there?

Comment

I think the Pro's were onto something

I think the rule should read "the pickle fork should be radiused to approximately the size of a beer can." That way we will be sure to always have the proper inspection tool at every race
                Moby Grape Racing
                "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

i'll drink to that change....

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                  I think the rule should read "the pickle fork should be radiused to approximately the size of a beer can." That way we will be sure to always have the proper inspection tool at every race

great suggestion tony.... merry christmas....
                  Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                    How many boats built after Oct 31, 2007 with less than 2" radiused do you think were there?
                    I have (2) boats here I am gonna paint that that were built after that date and they did not comply to the rule. But, they were built for the stock classes. In less than an hour each boat was altered to comply.

I think the hardest think to prove is EXACTLY when the boat was built, as the mod rule states a construction date must be attached to the boat. Well for that really to be enforced, it would seem the boat would need to be registered through APBA and APBA issuing the tag. Never the less, the pickle should conform to the rule.
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

if it is so important to have rounded pickle forks on hydros
                      then why ignore runnabouts?

"The Coffee Guy"
                      TEAM CAFFEINE

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

" IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                        if it is so important to have rounded pickle forks on hydros
                        then why ignore runnabouts?
                        Simple...Only one pointy thingy rather than two. It's half as likely to spear someone.

Comment

but don't runnabout drivers end up in the water more often?

"The Coffee Guy"
                          TEAM CAFFEINE

Comment

Maybe a three blade is safer than a four blade since there is less cuttting edge.

Comment

LOL now thats funny

"The Coffee Guy"
                              TEAM CAFFEINE

Comment

In reference to Steve Warnock's "Is there a rule where its there but not enforced". "Rule 19.2.A, Page 25" The engine shall retain the factory colors and decals, with the following......". Most, if not all OMC 13.2 engines are missing decals. I realize that there is no performance advantage to not have them and if safety is not an issue delete the rule or enforce it!

Bill Thomas 36-R

Comment

Working...
                                X