No announcement yet.

Michigan Hydroplane Attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 cylinder classes will never grow if we do not offer options. DSR and DSH are dieing because of cost and conflict. Adding 750ccr gives the current DSR drivers a reason to show up. The do not show if one guy backs out. If you combine this class you guarantee a boat ride for the DSR's that show up. Luce drove 500miles and tested one day in his DSR. This is a shame.

The time issue is not the big classes. 3 min heat times compared to 5-7 min heat times for the slower classes that run the same motor 3 times. Let the big motors run at least once.

Big guys need classes too. Maybe I do not want to go a 100MPH in an FEH to race. How many ASH motors can I use on one boat? Cuz to put me and an ASH will take more than one motor. I am not bashing the smaller classes just wanting to keep the full figured classes racing.

Comment

Cmh

This issue has been debated so much the last several years, some things never change. CMH (500CCMH) will NOT be added to the schedule. They added 25MH instead this year.

I like the idea of 750CCMR combined with DSR. It allows you to ACTUALLY run the class that is on the schedule and not add a lick of time to the schedule. In the years that I have been attending Constatine (when they added a Mod Class) I have NOT seen DSR race there. If I did I don't recall it, and it would take someone like Dana to reach into the depths of his files and find the entries or points or something.

I also hear Mod's have been debated a lot in being removed from the Alex KY race. Hopefully this will not happen, and the greater minds will prevail once again. Thanks Dana for all your hard work.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Mod at Alex

I'm not sure how ridiculous rumors get started, but I can assure the Mod drivers in the midwest that we have never discussed removing Mod from the Alexandria, Ky. race.

That would not make any sense.

We do evaluate participation from year to year to determine which classes should be on the schedule. That is true for Stocks as well.

By the way, someone buy Vanover's DMH rig so we have enough down here.

See you all August 15-16, 2009 for Alexandria, Ky.

Dana

Comment

Dana

I am pretty sure I know where this ridiculous rumor got started.... Look directly above your post.

Thanks for hijacking my thread.

750ccR at Constantine....Just a reminder.

B

Comment

Sorry

Brian is right, the thread got off track.

Some things never change I guess.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
              I would like for you to combine DSR and 750ccR at Constantine. This will bring 5-7 more runabouts and would allow others to make the trip. It would also give the DSR's a reason to come down for sure! I now live 4 hours a way and I need some more motivation to attend.
              Since my motor has been crossed off the Mod motor list, I will now have to be sure enough DSR's will attend before I drive 5 hours to Constantine.
              Sorry Brian, I won't be able to support your Mod efforts. I hope you too will have enough boats for your class.

Comment

Jeff don't worry I have a DSR too. They just have not been showing up the last few years.

Comment

Suggestion to Cafferelli

Contact someone by phone to get this done. They prefer this method of contact I have found out. I would suggest starting with Mark M or Dean S.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                  X