New Boats For 2009 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new boat

thanks, couldn't have done it without them!!
    Greg
    [SIGPIC]191-m
    jake alkema

Comment

• new wood added.

Well the old man can work some magic alright. 1 down and now i have to fix my runabout.
      Attached Files
      MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

• All ready for the deck. Just waiting for the newspaper editor to come and get his pictures. Hope it turns out as nice as the Wagner boat.
        Attached Files
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Mike

Are you going to install the turn fin bracket and bow eye before you deck it?
          Sean Byrne

Comment

• Originally posted by wagner-racing16-s View Post
            Well the old man can work some magic alright. 1 down and now i have to fix my runabout.
            Magic?!?!?! That ranks right up there with making the Statue of Liberty disapear! Tell the Koolaid man that is some great work!!!
            Brian 10s

Comment

• Mike is that the first one you've built I,m quite impressed with your work kind of makes me want to rebuild the garage and try one next year So Skippy you going to drive nice now
              Last edited by Wayne mtl qc; 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM.
              Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
              The eh TEAM
              "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

• Blair Kants can be happy, I now have room to start on his new boat.

Originally posted by wagner-racing16-s View Post
                I just thought I'd post a before picture of Rick Junior's handy work from last fall's Grass Lake race. He doesn't make my life easy when it comes to repairs. The positive side of all this is that I have room to start working on Blair's new CSH. I've had the parts and pieces cut out for about 2 weeks
                Attached Files

Comment

• I'd say that boat looks angry
                  The eh TEAM

Comment

• I guess I should have put the Tietze skid fin back on before I took the pictures. The bow hook is on the bottom side already.

Comment

• Wayne, that is my third boat. I built one back in 1969 and one last year. Have to stay busy during the deep freeze here in Montana. LOL

Comment

• Acetone/MEK

Originally posted by HydroKyle93R View Post
                        Doesn't Acetone degrade the bond in the epoxy? No arguing though, it helps to coat more surface area.
                        Kyle,

It doesn't degrade it enough to use it for sealing. My ASH that was in your garage and back yard that was made from "Door Skins" in 1986 and is still good was done that way.

Deano
                        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Dean, I do not use Acetone anymore with Epoxy. Denatured Alcohol or Lacquer thinner. Works better and is cheaper.
                          bill b

Comment

• Bill is right again.

I use lacquer thinner but remember it falshes of quick so work fast. On a batch with 4 or 5 pumps where you are covering a large area you might have to add some additional thinner.

I have tried acetone in the past but its' so **** strong. Its' hard on the nose and the hands.

I haven't used the denatured alcohol for thinning but my guess is it doesn't flash off as quickly. I have used the other for years and I know what to expect.

Tim
                            Tim Weber

Comment

• Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                              Wayne, that is my third boat. I built one back in 1969 and one last year. Have to stay busy during the deep freeze here in Montana. LOL
                              Doesn't matter Mike 1st 3rd 99th thats a good looking boat , anyway the one in the sixties wouldn't count cause no one remembers the sixties
                              The eh TEAM

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne mtl qc View Post
                                Doesn't matter Mike 1st 3rd 99th thats a good looking boat , anyway the one in the sixties wouldn't count cause no one remembers the sixties
                                Folks should remember the 60's. Good times! Gas was 20-30 cents a gallon, folks had jobs, on the weekends all stores were closed, no computers, unlimited hydros made noise and life was a lot simplier. And there were hippies.... The only down side was Vietnam

Comment

Working...
                                X