Snowmobiling Stag Weekend 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dean-
    If you owned the whole thing, you wouldn't have to drag the other leg!
    DAVEY 18w

Comment

Owning half helps keep me smart on the sled. Knowing that you have to write a check if you put it into a tree helps slow me down. You would think that the possibility of injury would do that.....but the money helps.

Later,

Comment

Freddy,past tense?

Everyone talks in the past,something i might have missed.
        RichardKCMo
        Originally posted by mike ross
        The 100 to 170 was the horspower rating for these toys we get to enjoy. We ride at speeds from 30mph and up. As far as i,m concerned anyone is welcome. Requires average to above average riding skills. We have been know to log 250 miles in a day.
        So this event was once lead by a B Runabout driver named Fred Miller. He drove his sled very similar to the way drove the Pratt Runabout back in the late 60s. Now we have catch me if you can Jimmy Fox and I'll see Ya!!! Don Hagrel for leaders. These boys are from the famous WILD ONES!!! You remember the way it goes. DRINK BEER-DRINK BEER-DRINK BEER GOD DAMM DRINK BEER. Now they have a couple other guys that keep us in line. One hails from the Frozen Tundra of Wisconsin Spudddddddd!!!! HemPPPP getting Revvy with it. And our most respected elder from the DEEP East the famous Jack WHERE"S MY BLACK RUSSIAN NeellyYYYY all the way from Quincy Mass. We all show up and we debate on what sled is best . Arctic Cat, Ski Doo, Yamaha. They all have something special. Anyone who wants to partake in this fun please dont hesitate to call me. See Ya Mikey!!!!
        RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

I don't think Mary will let Fred go on this trip anymore. There was an accident a few years ago.
          DAVEY 18w

Comment

What ever happennedto Ftroop

Point A to B, you drive ,No Ftroop?

Really ??, Whatever happenned to Freddie?
            RichardKCMo
            RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Now Fred is a ledgend when it comes to driving a boat. Keep in mind when you fall off your boat you land in the water. Much more friendly to your body. On a snowmobile it would be like opening you car door at about 50 and jumping out. You do get the benifit of a good slide. I beleive Fred had one of these getting off experiences and his body told him that he can't keep doing this or Mary would have to push him around in a wheel chair. Anyway I challenge all the rest of you to give this trip a try. Northern Michigan along the Lake Superior shoreline is a site to see. Give myself or one of the leaders a call. We can provide a ride up from the airport( you buy the beer). A sled can be rented or borrowed basesd on your budget. This is a trip you won't forget. HOPE TO SEE YA!!!! Mike
              mike ross

Comment

Just to reiterate Fox's point...

This trip was created by the Wild One legends of the Midwest. Fox, Hagerl, Miller, Howard, Glasses, Brinkman, etc. And they did have 'rules' for STAG weekend. They had groups from 12 to 24 guys and had a lot of fun. They would go snowbiling other weekends too... this was just a weekend designated for the 21 and over male boatracing crew (as you can imagine we stop by most any bar we pass - just to see what's going on).

Since some of their own offspring (that were very capable riders - Gord, Jim, Jay, Geoff, Chris, etc.) had to wait to go until they were deemed 'old enough', I think we should honor the bylaws Jay quoted.

Now that some of us younger MI boyz are helping carry the torch, we expect as many as 36 people this year. And as Dean mentioned, we are pretty accomodating for those without much trail experience.

Mike Ross and I go up to this destination every other weekend all winter long as we have cabins there. And several other racers and families join us all the time. We ride hard some of those weekends too (Kelly can hang with just about anyone!). So if you are wanting to have a family day, let us know and we will welcome you all... just not STAG weekend (I'm not trying to play spoiler... just honoring our legends and trying to prevent embarassment).

Thanks, KLadd
                kladd-

Comment

As you all know I like to be the story teller. This is one is about Dean Sutherland. The first year we took him he was taking it real slow and easy. After the 3rd day of riding I was feeling a little worn out. I hear a sled coming from behing me and its Dean. He is whipping along like a seasoned veteran. Now I can tell he is feeling good. Now the next year he is all pumped up and we start out the first day and I come around a corner and all the sleds have stopped. Sure enough Dean is in the woods claiming he was chopped.( not one open sled length between other sled) Now keep in mind he is on Kevin Ladds other sled. This always gets the owners blood pressure going. Well we review the rules on passing and go over the sled which doesn't have any visable damage and continue on. The day goes well with no more incidents. Now the next day we ride a fair distance and are returning to camp in the dark. This is always a treat. Instead of a roostertail you have snow dust. All you really have to follow is a glow of a red tail light. Well sure enough we get up the trail and Dean has decided to carve his own trail about 100 yrs into the woods over snow that is about 7 feet deep. Now he did a fantastic job avoiding the obstacals. We show up and the chore is to get his 500lb sled back up on trail. This is not an easy job in 7ft of snow. After about an hour of tugging we get him back on track and off to watch the Nascar race at the bar. I am sure we could go on and on with things that happen on the trail at this exciting event. Don't wait get a spot and let the fun begin. Hay what about those East Coast guys? Or the New York Crowd. My T-Kitty is feeling the itch to toss a little ice and cool down a Firecat. Mikey!!!!
                  mike ross

Comment

I have a newfound appreciation for you snowmobile guys. Tom Kargus took me out last winter for my first snowmobile excursion. He explains to me Joey Z is going to come with us, I start to think maybe this is a bad idea. (They are both a little nuts you know) When we get to the lake they inform me we’re meeting the Merten’s from Oshkosh at a bar. Now I know of the Merten’s only from the stories I have heard and know they are pretty wild. Those of you that raced with them know what I mean, and I think, oh my god what have I gotten myself into. Things went pretty good, we had to get across some ice pushes and cracks and they took it pretty easy on me getting down to that end of the lake. Well… we meet up with the rest of the group at a tavern. Grab something to eat and they take off and leave me like I was tied to a dock. Tom stops and say’s just go as fast as you want, we will stop every so often to make sure you are ok. We drive to the other side of the lake to have another soda, Tom & Joe both live up to their word slowing down to make sure I’m ok every so often on the way over. So we are leaving the 3rd tavern and they decide to race across to the other side of the lake. Now these sleds they are on go over 100, it’s 23 miles across the lake… they take off and I can’t even hardly make out the red tail lights they pull away from me so fast. Now I’m going 70/80 at times and thinking, if I fall off this thing what am I going to break, is my life insurance paid up, did Krysti put these guys up to this, where were those Ice Pushes….When I get across I ask Tom, did you guys even back off and he starts laughing and say’s Joe did, I think he was scared. We’ll Joe showed me his GPS and I think it said 115 or 117 and Tom about 105? I said you guys are freaking nuts. I had good time and hope to do it again but not with all you nut’s… By the way, I could not walk for a week
                    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Don come on tell the the good things. You pulled the trigger and the ski's jumped in the air and didn't come down for 100 yards. They handle like a fine tuned indy car. The fresh air in your face really helps you to sleep well that night. You did touch on the commrodery. Where are those New York Boys. Come on Scott go get Jerry away from the motor bench. I need him to come get a virgin 102 i got my hands on. How about you Worm? Go get Bobby Austin away from his work and woman and get you boys a ticket to Paridise. Dan you could solve all your problems getting that A hydro back to your house if you just gave this adventure a shot. And what about you Gary Lewis? Go get J Michael and let him take a wing at this. They do still call him Iron man Mike don't they. Anyway your gona miss the fun!!!! Mikey
                      mike ross

Comment

bump to the top!!! Get signed up only a couple of rooms left. And some floor space at the cabin. SEE yA Mikey
                        mike ross

Comment

Come out come out were ever you are New York Boys. Hay maybe next year we could plan the trip in your neck of the woods. It looked like they had trails at Franklin and also at Warren when we were racing in the summer. How about you guys let us know whats going on. We need more adult supervision. We can't act right with all this horsepower under our finger tips. Glasses, Fox, Hemp, Hagrel are burned out. Looking for new blood to break in. Come on Scott Clark we don't care what your ports look like in the Firecat. Jerry get away from the bench. How about them Jersey Boys. Worm you got any more weekend passes left to use. How about Craig Bowman or The Augastine gang. I really butchered the spelling on that last one. Anyway just din't want anyone to miss this fun. Mike
                          mike ross

Comment

Since some of their own offspring (that were very capable riders - Gord, Jim, Jay, Geoff, Chris, etc.) had to wait to go until they were deemed 'old enough'

Am I old enough? Plans here have changed for my trip to Eagle River in 2 weeks. So she owes me a big one!!! Floorspace available yet Mikey? Over 570 miles from my house this winter and looking for more!

Dad, I might hook up with you or Tommy or whoever is on my way. I will let you know before Berks.
                            DAVEY 18w

Comment

Oh-no

For those of you who have been before. Dad,Frank, and I just came back from the U.P. and in our travels we thought we would check out this new location. This has the possability to be one of those infamous trips. Mike's place looks good, Bar, BIG TV, A good place to party Saturday Nite. The rooms at Clarks are small but clean. The interesting part is the owner. He has several out building built for partying. Has his own GO-GO Pole in the one private bar with a tunnel that leads to the other private bar. Also has a fire tower that he likes to drop flaming stuff from. Drinking with him could be very interesting. He also has a 10 HP B&S 16 gallon margarita maker with electric start. Infinite possibilities for mischif!!

Do we have a body count yet?

Comment

Come on now Jeff!!!! Are you are forgetting your old man is F Troop kin. Back in the day when the Wild Ones & F Troop were going on, this place would have been right up there alley. Anyway these guys who have the hotel are great. Your going to love parting in the back. We will definitly get some good pictures to post. And of course we will send Glasses into the Soo and see if he can find us a dancer for that pole you speak of. I am going up this weekend and will give you all an update. Now stop scaring these guys. SEE YA Mikey
                                mike ross

Comment

Working...
                                X