Happy Anniversary Beth Hearn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Guys; I can't resist this!!

Yes our family has made many wonderful friends thru the years while boatracing. Friends who are like family to us. These posts have made me laugh and cry; not tears of sadness but tears that are filled with many fun and exciting memories.

While this is the 20th anniversary of Beth's exciting SO national wins, it's also the time of year when I recall the many years that we have spent celebrating Steve, Edward's and my birthday. As many of you know, each of us have the same birthday, July 30th, and have celebrated them at the SO Nationals; most of which have been at Wakefield. I have many great memories of fun times at Wakefield but the celebration we had on my 50th birthday is one that I recall the most. What a beautiful surprise from my family and many of the boatracers.

Thank you everyone for the many beautiful memories.

Comment

Hobart Ultralight Hydros

To Ed et all,

I still have the full size patterns and plans for that boat if you want them.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Ah, Manteno. That was always my favorite party (I mean race).

Dean Hobart and Jeff Hutchins. Wow. Legends and Icons. I think Huchins actually put a B toilet bowl on the boat and raced it. I remember him walking it back from the inspection area having to hold the back of it up so it didn't sink (I think it was this boat). Yes, this is the same boat that Beth ran in J weithing in at 69 pounds!

Yes, that boat was always fast. I have more than a few pictures of it passing Miskerik!!! (since we haven't heard from him yet)

Comment

some good times....

What do you know...Richard can type! Good to hear from both you (Beth and Richard). We had some great times progressing through the ranks of J, A and them 15.

Does't seem like it's been 20 years though. Congrats to Beth and hope to see you some time down the road.

Richard, I'm sure I can dig up a picture or 2 of me passing you, but I give you credit, you knew that comment would get me to post something.

Take care, got to get to bed so I can get up in 5 hours to leave for Moses Lake.

Mark

Comment

Found this photo today from Manteno, IL. I don't know who they are, but it's a cool photo.
            Mark N
            Attached Files

Comment

Who's Dat?

That is a rookie Mike Pavlick (225-V) and a rookie Steve Hoffman (15-W) next to a veteran, Steve Warnock (64-W).

Warbie: How's it feel to have been a veteran back in the early 80's when most of us were just startin' out? Man you're old! Eddie.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Flying Tiger in photo

Sensible boy Brian Rhodes can just be seen in his Flying Tiger in upper right.
                76-W is a modified Kid Kraft.

Cooper

Comment

Old

Ed,
                  I don't think Steve Warnock is old, neither does Spud or Dan Evans.

Cooper

Comment

111-v

Who's the 111-V 25SSR on the beach?
                    14-H

Comment

Here's two more in Manteno, IL. They are all from 1984.
                      Mark N
                      Attached Files

Comment

111-v

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                        Who's the 111-V 25SSR on the beach?
                        that was Ray Pittman's boat, father of Paul Pittman.

Bill
                        Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                          That is a rookie Mike Pavlick (225-V) and a rookie Steve Hoffman (15-W) next to a veteran, Steve Warnock (64-W).

Warbie: How's it feel to have been a veteran back in the early 80's when most of us were just startin' out? Man you're old! Eddie.
                          Was the Warnock 64W a Craig-Craft?
                          Untethered from reality!

Comment

Last two shots

The first one has Jeff Ruenzel in the foreground in his BSH number 1-US. Brad Hopper of Dayton, Ohio later bought that boat and I drove it once or twice in 15SSH.

The second picture has to be Kenny Goll in his Merc-powered CSH. I think it was that particular Green 30-H Merc that caused all of them to be eliminated from the C Stock Classes after 1989. Ed.
                            14-H

Comment

Working...
                            X