Happy Anniversary Beth Hearn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Anniversary Beth Hearn

Well, I can't believe it. Seems like just yesterday, Rich and I were callin Little Beth names and teasing her to death in between testing her J stuff and chasing girls. But it's been TWENTY (20) YEARS!

This week 20 years ago, Beth drove her brains out in Hinton, WVa. to win both the J Stock Runabout and the J Stock Hydro National Championship. Later that year, she finished it out with the High Point Championship in both classes and with a competition record. That was good enough to get her into APBA's Hall of Champions (she was the first Hearn to do it). And that was when you had to beat out the likes of David Dewald and the Froelichs to get in 'cause J was a Stock Outboard class.

Now-a-days Beth Chew lives in New Jersey with her husband, Dean, and their three (3) children, Victoria, Rylan and Braiden. She and Dean are doing the remarkable raising three great kids and running a marine business. Beth will always be a true Champion in her Big Brother's eyes.

Beth: I miss all the fun. Enjoy this little reminiscing. You've come a long way, Baby! Ed
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 14-H; 07-30-2007, 01:29 PM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Propeller Magazine

Here's the articles that ran about Beth's accomplishments at the Nationals and the HOC's. Ed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 14-H; 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM.
    14-H

Comment

As i said in another post...................

she still looks like a teenager. She must have got all the good genes..... I still have the Hinton newspaper articles of her accomplishments that week. It may have been the best year a J driver ever had.

Comment

Happy Anniversary Beth And Dean From The Schaubs

Comment

Happy Anniversary Beth.. I can remember that race pretty well for a 7 year old.. Hope you and Dean are doing well

Craig Furnal
          Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

Can't believe it's been 20 years since Hinton. What a great time as a kid. My last shot at a title but she kicked my tail. Thanks for the articles Ed. Even though I got beat, it brought back some great memories. I raced against Beth a lot in JSR at our Reg 6 races.
            www.trora.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brew56 View Post
              **I raced against Beth a lot in JSR at our Reg 6 races.
              Jerry: I remember those races very well. The Brewster family made the Hearn one work really hard that year. Hopefully Beth'll chime in at some point. Ed.
              14-H

Comment

You go girl! You are still MY hero!!!!!! Miss you!
                Michele

Comment

Good job Beth,

We miss you at the races! I think about you often, and hope your doing well. Maybe your bro can talk ya into coming up this way for a race soon. Might even have to get a game of quarters going! Love ya Girl. Take care.

Lada,

She
                  Member - Team Red

Looking forward to feeling better later!

Go big or go home!

2nd Sux!

"Sorry For Partying"

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                    Well, I can't believe it. Seems like just yesterday, Rich and I were callin Little Beth names and teasing her to death in between testing her J stuff and chasing girls. But it's been TWENTY (20) YEARS!

This week 20 years ago, Beth drove her brains out in Hinton, WVa. to win both the J Stock Runabout and the J Stock Hydro National Championship. Later that year, she finished it out with the High Point Championship in both classes and with a competition record. That was good enough to get her into APBA's Hall of Champions (she was the first Hearn to do it). And that was when you had to beat out the likes of David Dewald and the Froelichs to get in 'cause J was a Stock Outboard class.

Now-a-days Beth Chew lives in New Jersey with her husband, Dean, and their three (3) children, Victoria, Rylan and Braiden. She and Dean are doing the remarkable raising three great kids and running a marine business. Beth will always be a true Champion in her Big Brother's eyes.

Beth: I miss all the fun. Enjoy this little reminiscing. You've come a long way, Baby! Ed
                    Great Job!

Comment

Beth's Tuned in

Okay: Someone alerted Beth. Keep the memories of 87 comin. Did you all see the paragraph about Richard's bad luck in A and 15 Hydro? I think Dana won ASH and Warby won 15SSH that year. Ed.
                      14-H

Comment

Ed was that the same year some kid ran into her milling then ran his JR up on shore?
                        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

I can remember that year well. Crashed my skate board going down the hill and the big one the Cutting of the Mohawk
                          Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

Dew...think that was the same year you sat on the side of the mountian and would throw rocks at us as we went by....
                            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by don11w View Post
                              Ed was that the same year some kid ran into her milling then ran his JR up on shore?
                              Actually, I remember it well. I was standing where the boat landed. I saw Kenny comin and ran the other direction. I'll never forget Kenny goin azz over apple cart out of that JSR. He damaged the hell out of two new GP hydros sittin on the beach, if I remember right. What a week.
                              14-H

Comment

Working...
                              X