Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foggy Memory

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
    Sorry Kristi, but that's how I remember Depue this summer. Granted I was only there for one day. I'll admit to maybe passing judgement a little to soon, but nothing more.
    Oh yeah, that the day of a tragic accident. And we had to ask some travelers headed to the SO Nationals to leave the Pit area during racing because they were enjoying a prohibited cold bverage. Sound familiar now?
    David Weaver

Comment

Not, so foggy David. Your memory sounds revisionist though. The time I was refering to was later in the day, when there was racing going on. Yes, I did have a "cold beverage", but not during racing. That is a lie. If you remember, there was a one hour break taken after that tragic accident. Since there was no racing going on, and I was on vacation, yeah I drank a beer. Big freakin' deal. I sat in the grass, at the back of the pits and drank a beer. It wasn't while racing was going on though. I did however, later that day, see a number of spectators, camped out with their coolers by the beach, drinking bottled beer. Nothing was said to them, why? Get your facts straight before you make accussations.
      Ryan Runne
      9-H
      Wacusee Speedboats
      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

I am all better now I thought you were talking about Raleigh.....The Nationals do take forever but we did better this year!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

guys/gals...

Stock, Mod or Pro, I don't believe this type of discussion is doing any of us any good. It's very apparent, we all have different agendas, ideas and beliefs of what is good for our type of racing. However, to any outsiders that do come to this site, these type of discussions cast an overall negative light on all of us since the "outsider" doesn't know Stock/Mod/Pro from one another.

My 2 cents worth today.

Comment

Back On Topic

Since this has thread has gone astray, I'll try to nudge it back on course.

I like OSY400, since I'm a light driver and hate to add 45lbs of lead to my CSH, I run mainly OSY400.

As far as APBA's OSY400 being a UIM class, it's a joke, the only thing in common with it's UIM counterpart is the fact that it uses a Y302, unmodified BTW. Don't get me wrong I like the class, but it has very little in common with the UIM rules.

I had my pickles rounded on my new boat to be safer AND with the hope that the PRO division will implement the UIM rules in their entirety (soon!) to make APBA's OSY400 a legitimate UIM class.

Comment

Inverness-Lake Wales

Inverness=10,000 in prizes and tow money, Lake Wales=15,000 in prizes and tow money, end of discussion. Put on a show and towns will pay TO SEE YOU RACE.

Comment

10,000 -15,000

just out of curiosity how much does, say the winner of osy-400 in a 12 boat feild,,how much would a 1st place yeild a driver in prize money at the Inverness or the Lake Wales USTS race? What kinda bounty is out for the largest outboard class in the world and by far the most controvertial class in APBA today.. round about figures even and how much per mile towing figures??

Comment

Ken G.

Originally posted by Ken G View Post
                  just out of curiosity how much does, say the winner of osy-400 in a 12 boat feild,,how much would a 1st place yeild a driver in prize money at the Inverness or the Lake Wales USTS race? What kinda bounty is out for the largest outboard class in the world and by far the most controvertial class in APBA today.. round about figures even and how much per mile towing figures??
                  Please refer to the APBA circular for specifics. OSY400 is only run at a few races with the USTS and is not eligible for the season-end points fund. The class was added to Inverness for this year by the USTS BOD.

No doubt that OSY400 is a great PRO class. Particpation in this class at USTS races has been inconsistent historically. Each year at the fall meeting the BOD director discusses with the membership the addition of a couple classes to individual races for the coming season. OSY400 has been added to 2 or 3 races this year (I believe), 175cc hydro to a race or two and 1100cc runabout is added to Constantine.
                  David Weaver

Comment

osy doesnt count for points in USTS

So if osy gets no points then that means no tow money and no prize money either.Seems to me that if you paid that class like you did the others in your organization you would lose the inconsistence. just a thought?

Comment

Been There and Tried That

Originally posted by Ken G View Post
                      So if osy gets no points then that means no tow money and no prize money either.Seems to me that if you paid that class like you did the others in your organization you would lose the inconsistence. just a thought?
                      I agree with your logic Ken, but it has not worked-out that way. The request was to add the class to the weekend's schedule. I honestly am not sure about tow and prize money for the coming weekend.

How much would a regular Region 5 SO/MOD/PRO race pay for prize and tow money? And would that race offer insured testing for a day, plus racing for another day at $35?

The USTS sees the addition of OSY400 as an accomodation for those drivers and in return we do appreciate their support. Remember also, that we consider seriously the wishes of our sponsors. Many do not want an "all day" racing event. Sometimes, they want all the racing that we can provide!!

David
                      David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
                        *** we had to ask some ** to leave the Pit area during racing because they were enjoying a prohibited cold bverage. Sound familiar now?
                        Badge of Honor, in my book.

Ryan: You are a little sensitive about being accused of having a beer at a boat race. I mean, it's not like it's hard to believe, or anything. Eddie.
                        14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

And that last post Blue Flame makes you look like an idiot. Ed Hearn doesn't trash the pro's, there isn't anything really to trash, they/you have a good thing going. He just stated I believe that OSY400 is a duplication of CSH. WHICH IT IS. He is the SO leader and does so much for the sport of boat racing. What exactly do you do? IF it was half as much as him, I would be completely in awe of you and shut up. I believe that OSY400 should follow UIM rules, so that it is a true OSY400. You honestly think SO racing is the most boring type of boat racing in the world? All of this crap that is talked towards Ed Hearn is ridiculous, and its gone on for way to long. I think maybe some respect should be shown, or maybe even an apology.
                          Last edited by jswain3; 04-14-2007, 09:30 AM.
                          Team Red

Comment

Originally posted by blue flame
                            How in the hell is it afecting you CSH clsss? all it is doing is bringing more drivers into the party. most boat races only run one class a weeked, so what you want is tpo pad the party for your covent "hall a fame honors". Ed I know for a fact if I ever get busted in Indiana I do not want you for a lwayer.

show some balls, what do you race and sign your name

Comment

Originally posted by blue flame
                              Wyatt Earp
                              Perfect, no sack!!!!!!!!!!!! OR Guts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X