Stock Chairman's Long Term Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Runne - P.S. I hope I didn't offend anyone![/QUOTE]

John - No matter what you do, you will get heat from somebody. Just say what you honestly believe is best. Then it can be debated.

I think an honest debate is good. I have noticed that some of the debate on hydroracer has been personal and I believe sarcasm will not get very far toward a good solution for the boat racing community.

Actually, I think the Ed has been courageous to put forward a plan for debate. So has Dana and others put forward plans and ideas. These have been put out there in good faith. I hope people that debate these ideas, do so in good faith for the good of the boat racing community. Sensitivity to every idea and each person's investment in equipment is necessary to gather all the information needed to come to the most rational conclusion. That being said, there are decisions that need to be made that are necessary to maintain or improve the quality of our sport. Once those decisions are made, hopefully everyone will get on board and have fun racing.

Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Pater View Post
      ***. That being said, there are decisions that need to be made that are necessary to maintain or improve the quality of our sport. Once those decisions are made, hopefully everyone will get on board and have fun racing.

Charlie

Here, here!
      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Lets Hope

We can all get along. If not, there are a lot of options for people if they look around. Sometimes in their own back yard. There are similar plans already implemented elswhere.

Hope you all have a good time in LA. Sounds like a lot of long meetings are going to be flavor of the day. I don't envy you at all.

And Ed, Honesty is the best policy, even in politics. To bad there is not more of it.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
          We can all get along. If not, there are a lot of options for people if they look around. Sometimes in their own back yard. There are similar plans already implemented elswhere.

Hope you all have a good time in LA. Sounds like a lot of long meetings are going to be flavor of the day. I don't envy you at all.

And Ed, Honesty is the best policy, even in politics. To bad there is not more of it.
          Maybe, Dave. Miller's plan was a pretty good one. If he'd have revealed it before he got elected... well, let's just say we'd still probably have 20MR as a separate class. Ed.
          14-H

Comment

I say your wrong ,remember the Tosahu. stock guys are so cheap won't even let a new engine have a chance.

Comment

what's a To ha su?

Racetight,

What's a Tohasu? If you are referring to the Tohatsu, why are you saying SO racers are too cheap? How many do you expect the Bass brothers should sell in year one. The "D" class isn't the most popular to begin with and with all the issues of parity and not knowing what the Tohatsu will/can do there's apprehension, but not necessarily cheapness. Sign your name next time, it makes things more real and someone might even put some credibility behind your statements.

Mark

Comment

I'm not currently racing in the USA but I am still an active (voting) member of APBA and UIM. I think....the PRO division should remain separate. We seem to have less arguing and complaining. I would hate to have the SO divison imposing their petty differences in our divison. Next thing you know....they would want to add restrictor plates to 700 Hydro (Rossi, VRP, and Konny) because other engines with 700cc displacement wouldn't be competitive for 20 years. I'm expecting negative comments because, that's just the nature of the beast!

James Aderholdt
                F500-AMERIDUTCH Racing
                www.ameridutchracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by James Aderholdt View Post
                  ***I think....the PRO division should remain separate. We seem to have less arguing and complaining. ***
                  Mr. Aderholdt: In the last two years, the Pro Commission has had two of its decisions appealed to the APBA BOD. Both of them were overturned by the BOD. The SORC has had none. I'm not throwing stones, just pointing out that there's plenty of arguing going around for everybody. Nice to hear from you. Ed Hearn.
                  14-H

Comment

PRO Division

Originally posted by James Aderholdt View Post
                    I'm not currently racing in the USA but I am still an active (voting) member of APBA and UIM. I think....the PRO division should remain separate. We seem to have less arguing and complaining. I would hate to have the SO divison imposing their petty differences in our divison. Next thing you know....they would want to add restrictor plates to 700 Hydro (Rossi, VRP, and Konny) because other engines with 700cc displacement wouldn't be competitive for 20 years. I'm expecting negative comments because, that's just the nature of the beast!

James Aderholdt
                    F500-AMERIDUTCH Racing
                    www.ameridutchracing.com
                    Agree totally with you on this Jimmy. Leave the PRO catagory alone. At least they have new engines thay can buy. Say hi to your dad for me..Bob Rusnak N-96

Comment

cheap??

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                      I say your wrong ,remember the Tosahu. stock guys are so cheap won't even let a new engine have a chance.
                      I am not sure what the hell you are saying! It is not the price of the Tohatsu that is holding current and future DSH drivers back, but rather the "parity issues". Once these "issues" are solved (they better be quick!), there will be ALOT more Tohatsu DSH rigs out there.......guaranteed! Until the SORC gets this crap straightened out, why would Bass Machines build or assemble more the the 6 they have planned right now? I also feel that having Mark Wheeler (nothing personal against Mark, as he is a great guy) on the DSH parity committee is not fair at all, due to the fact he is a Merc 44XS owner and supporter.
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

i take it from your post MERC that u feel parity can be reached if the only input is from tohatsu owners?

Comment

No...........

Originally posted by kws View Post
                          i take it from your post MERC that u feel parity can be reached if the only input is from tohatsu owners?
                          but think about it.........would you want a Chevy owner on a Ford rules committee............should be someone "neutral"........
                          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

D Stock Parity

Darren: the committee is responsible for adopting D Class parity rules, not just rules that restrict the Tohatsu. Wheeler was added due to his knowlege about the Mercs since, at some point, changes to the Mercs might be necessary and to provide a voice from the Merc perspective. This is necessary even though, at the moment, it does not appear that any changes to the Merc need to be made. Wheeler has only one vote on a committee of three. I am confident that he should remain on the committee. Ed Hearn.
                            14-H

Comment

well merc your analogy just does not work for me. what you are really saying is a class with chevy's and ford's should only have ford drivers input !
                              the motor is a legal motor for the class you cant just wish it away.

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                                Darren: the committee is responsible for adopting D Class parity rules, not just rules that restrict the Tohatsu. Wheeler was added due to his knowlege about the Mercs since, at some point, changes to the Mercs might be necessary and to provide a voice from the Merc perspective. This is necessary even though, at the moment, it does not appear that any changes to the Merc need to be made. Wheeler has only one vote on a committee of three. I am confident that he should remain on the committee. Ed Hearn.
                                ya, but you are 1 of the other 3 Ed and from your postings "wanting" to eliminate DSH and put the Tohatsu in Mod, does not equal a fair "unbiased" vote...........also, it seems unfair the restrictions put on the Tohatsu even BEFORE it was actually raced on the water against the 44XS, basing the decision on the dyno figures only. I would be willing to run DSH this year with a Tohatsu on "probationary status" only with NO restrictions put on my setup and could then be used at the end of the year for any changed that need to be done. But, also keep in mind that I would be the "newby" in DSH with a BRAND NEW engine, racing against 44XS racers that have spent alot of time dialing in their 44XS's. Now, if I were to go out and smoke them, then changes would then be in order, be it "handicapping" the Tohatsu and better yet, opening up the 44XS specs some more and allowing more options for them, like the Mod guys did with the C Merc .............
                                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X