Should CSH be a Legal Pro Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 14-H
    Darren: you start the thread and I'll discuss it there.

OK, will do (and it is DAREN, with 1 "R") ..

So why do most clubs now run BOTH OSY-400 and CSH? I haven't heard this explanation yet. Ed.

easy one.....entry fees...........
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy
      easy one.....entry fees...........
      Then why no FAH participation? Did the AXS classes kill FAH? Why not just put CSH on the schedule twice or run the three heats in that class only? I just don't get it.
      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

also.........

Then why no FAH participation? Did the AXS classes kill FAH? Why not just put CSH on the schedule twice or run the three heats in that class only? I just don't get it.

the new age of fast OSY drivers........weigh in around 150ish....and the modern age of the 80lb hydro..........both of which are getting the combined rig weight down to the 350lb range..**** near 100lbs less than CSH weight. I keep hearing about seldom wrecks happening in OSY.............that is a bunch of bull**** also.........I bet the class has more wrecks than any other class (mainly due to the inexperience of the involved racers and the featherlight rigs).....
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

ED DONT GO GETTING ON THE MODS.LOL I WE WILL BE HAVE FAH IN 2007
          AT ARE RACES. AND I HAVE TWO JUST FOR IT AND OTHER WILL RUN TO.

RICHARD J BIRD
          TEAM
          MEANSTREAK/LEFTCOASTRACING
          THE PROP SHOP RACING TEAM
          MOST MODS AND SOME STOCKS

"WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL THERE"

Comment

Age and weight

All i know is the fatter i get in college the slower i go in OSY!

I think a Min. age requirement would be good for this class. Maybe a weight needs added, but if you raised the age requirement to maybe 16 then the weight problem may be solved with a few. I still know a mid 20s california OSY driver who's like 150lbs !
            Also with a higher age req. a driver would have more experience running a class like 20ss first and figure out how to drive a slower yamato class before driving OSY. And you don't nessessarily have to buy two different motors within the years between 20ss and OSY because you could just buy a 302 and restrict it. My two cents.

Kyle Bahl
            20-R
            Kyle Bahl
            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

well then Kyle...........

Originally posted by Racerkyle20
              All i know is the fatter i get in college the slower i go in OSY!

I think a Min. age requirement would be good for this class. Maybe a weight needs added, but if you raised the age requirement to maybe 16 then the weight problem may be solved with a few. I still know a mid 20s california OSY driver who's like 150lbs !
              Also with a higher age req. a driver would have more experience running a class like 20ss first and figure out how to drive a slower yamato class before driving OSY. And you don't nessessarily have to buy two different motors within the years between 20ss and OSY because you could just buy a 302 and restrict it. My two cents.

Kyle Bahl
              20-R
              stay in college for a long time (Pat probably does not want to hear that!), so you get fatter and slower in CSH/CSR also!!!!!

as to the Cali driver, he is not even in his 20's yet, if it is who I think you are talking about (TL), but there is another Cali driver older that probably weighs the same and drives a lime green Dawe (huh, both drive Dawecrafts! and probably do not weigh 150 soak and wet! ).......
              Last edited by mercguy; 10-23-2006, 10:12 PM.
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Daren

As i get bigger i lose speed to the guys who are 400lbs or less in OSY. That was what i ment, as for CSH/CSR i still add weight for those classes!

20-R
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

As i get bigger i lose speed to the guys who are 400lbs or less in OSY. That was what i ment, as for CSH/CSR i still add weight for those classes!

20-R
                  I think the "key" weight now in OSY is less than 380. I might have to add lead to my new CSH for next season too (that will be a first for me!).......................now, go get that CSR unrigged and stripped down, as I told Pat, I could paint it in a month or so........
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I was refering to Troy Cristi, I know last year he was running close to 375lbs in OSY !
                    Kyle Bahl
                    20-R

Comment

You read my mind with the weight at less then 380, and we'll have the runaboat ready for ya soon.
                      Kyle Bahl
                      20-R

Comment

I was refering to Troy Cristi, I know last year he was running close to 375lbs in OSY !
                        that is the other one I figured...........
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

You read my mind with the weight at less then 380, and we'll have the runaboat ready for ya soon.
                          how about my Oregon Ducks colors!!!!! ****, can't believe your Cougs (although, they are my second fav college football team) beat the Ducks!
                          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

the new age of fast OSY drivers........weigh in around 150ish....and the modern age of the 80lb hydro..........both of which are getting the combined rig weight down to the 350lb range..**** near 100lbs less than CSH weight. I keep hearing about seldom wrecks happening in OSY.............that is a bunch of bull**** also.........I bet the class has more wrecks than any other class (mainly due to the inexperience of the involved racers and the featherlight rigs).....
                            Who's running at 350lbs? Nobody up here. The lightest anybody in these parts has run has been about 375 (except maybe the one time Kelly ran the Altralight) the last couple of years - Bartlett in my rig last year. We drink too much beer to run lighter. The UIM minimum weight converts to 375 lbs.

And inexperience comes at any age. How many OSY wrecks did we have this year? There were just as many in CSH.

But you're right - it's on the sanction for entry fees. But why does it get entries? Folks wanna run. We're slave to the $$$ and personal gratification.
                            Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                            sigpic
                            Portland, Oregon
                            Johnson Racing

Comment

how about my Oregon Ducks colors!!!!! ****, can't believe your Cougs (although, they are my second fav college football team) beat the Ducks!
                              Good lord! A Duck and a Coug?

Good thing I didn't outbid Pat on that paint job - would have made you recreate Hoot's flame job.

So if I read between the lines of this thread, isn't the issue the numbers of classes that look and feel the same to the civilian? Aren't BSH and 20ss pretty close speed-wise (I'll be burned at the stake now!)? And if 20ss is faster, isn't it getting close to CSH? And where does 25ss fit in? That's a lot of classes in a narrow speed range.
                              Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                              sigpic
                              Portland, Oregon
                              Johnson Racing

Comment

Go Karts have light & heavy classes for the same class of equipment, OSY400 is basicly CSH Light.

Comment

Working...
                                X