Should CSH be a Legal Pro Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should CSH be a Legal Pro Class?

So let's hear it on this one: Should CSH be a legal Pro Class (as if there is anything the SORC could do about it)? I'm referring, of course, to OSY-400 which is not really OSY-400 since its rules are identical to CSH with the exception of weight. Additionally, Pro's OSY-400 rules are vastly different from UIM's rules for the class UIM calls OSY-400.

What is the point of having CSH in the Pro Category? Should CSH also be a legal OPC, Inboard, or Offshore Class? If not, why not make ASH a legal class in these other categories? Should we make Factory 1 and 2 or the 2.5 and 5 liter Hydro classes legal SO classes? It would increase our promotional budget.

How many drivers run OSY-400 and do Not run CSH or 20SSH?

If we really want to run CSH twice every weekend, why don't we just do that rather than running a Pro class that is not really a Pro class at all? Local clubs could run a special event, keep club points for that class and even lower or remove the weights for the local event.

I need help in understanding here. Ed.
    Last edited by 14-H; 10-21-2006, 03:25 PM. Reason: punctuation
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Osy 400

If you think thats confusing...If bore and stroke are the only rules in the pro classes why cant I run my "C" mod in OSY 400?
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

OSY-400 should be UIM compliant. The APBA BoD has pillaged Stock outboard numerous times over the years. The "universal" J classes, Formula A, K-Pro, OSY-400 and the AXS classes are all examples of S.O. classes that have been allowed to exist in other categories to the detriment of S.O.
      John Runne 2-Z
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

OSY-400 should be UIM compliant. The APBA BoD has pillaged Stock outboard numerous times over the years. The "universal" J classes, Formula A, K-Pro, OSY-400 and the AXS classes are all examples of S.O. classes that have been allowed to exist in other categories to the detriment of S.O.
        John Runne 2-Z
        John Runne
        2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
          Dear Edward,

Michael Barrett
          Mike: Stop posting when you are in a bad mood. You don't make any sense. Ed.
          14-H

Comment

Is it the Stock Ouboard Chairmans job to change the class structure for the Pro guys who last time I checked are pretty happy with the way things are over there? ***
            Mike
            Mike: If 99% of the guys who run OSY-400 are CSH Stock drivers, it is my business that they participate in another category and it is my business as to how they are being treated in that other category. Thanks for your concern.

Mike: For someone who "knows all", I have not heard one idea that you believe would be helpful to outboard racing that we ought to put on the agenda. The bantering is fun, however.
            14-H

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z
              John Runne 2-Z
              John: I agree with what you're saying here. But just to be fair, recall that SO asked the BOD to take the AXS classes.

Ed.
              14-H

Comment

Hey Ed,

Is it the Stock Ouboard Chairmans job to change the class structure for the Pro guys who last time I checked are pretty happy with the way things are over there? Why don't you do something for Stock Outboard instead of wasting your time with such a stupid idea? Why stupid? Well lets see Ed. Lets say all the stock guys say "yeah great idea Super Ed". What do you think the pro commission will say? I think you can tell by your other post it wasn't a hit with the stockers no less the pro guys Jerky!! Great job!!

Mike

Hey Mike,

I get the feeling most folks are not shocked by your post anymore so it might be time to just let it go and give it a rest now.
                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H
                  So let's hear it on this one: Should CSH be a legal Pro Class (as if there is anything the SORC could do about it)? I'm referring, of course, to OSY-400 which is not really OSY-400 since its rules are identical to CSH with the exception of weight. Additionally, Pro's OSY-400 rules are vastly different from UIM's rules for the class UIM calls OSY-400.

I need help in understanding here. Ed.
                  Ed, I do not believe that anyone is saying that the OSY-400 complies with all of the rules of UIM and the class it not being held out as a UIM class, but we are saying that it is a PRO category class under APBA, not a Stock category class. CSH is not a PRO category class--it is a Stock class. It is my understanding and I am sure if I am wrong that someone will correct me, but OSY-400 became a PRO category class because no other category would accept it.

And I for one, do not run Stock classes--only PRO.

Comment

With your permission...

Mike: Since you've okay'ed it: I don't think that your ideas of eliminating the embossed cards or the axing of the Propeller Magazine would be very popular with the membership to save on the budget. Besides, APBA has a balanced budget; it is not in the red. Moreover, you obviously have not ever helped run a registration if you think handwriting everyone's name and address onto summary sheets is a good solution.

Stop dodging the question by asking other ones: what genious ideas do you have? I have not heard one of them in four years. Ed.
                    14-H

Comment

[QUOTE=14-H]Mike: If 99% of the guys who run OSY-400 are CSH Stock drivers, it is my business that they participate in another category and it is my business as to how they are being treated in that other category.

Hmmm--how are Stock Category racers being treated in other categories? What do you mean by "treated?"

Comment

To continue further

PRO 250H and 350H do not comply with UIM rules. Ed, do propose to usurp these classes also?
                        David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver
                          PRO 250H and 350H do not comply with UIM rules. Ed, do propose to usurp these classes also?
                          How about, rather, we just make the UIM compliant ones, Stock Outboard Classes? Would that be okay?
                          14-H

Comment

Ed--what's the real point--that you want the promotional monies?

Comment

wow . . .

I think I get it - race season is over but the adreniline rush remains and many racers burn off the adreniline buzz with whacky class change proposals.

From my view as a former racer: Drivers like boat time on the race course. I liked it so much I'd register my 15ssH in PRO 125cch class and run for giggles. So a driver has a CSH and he/she registers in CSH, CMH, and OSY400. COOL! Six heats of racing! Driver happy! So what was the problem again?
                              carpetbagger

Comment

Working...
                              X