Should CSH be a Legal Pro Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Huson
    So a driver has a CSH and he/she registers in CSH, CMH, and OSY400.
    You forgot to list 20SSH with the restrictor.

Comment

Yep throw in a restrictor and run 20ssh - 8 heats if a regatta runs "All Stock classes, all mod classes and some PRO classes" including at least OSY

Happy driver ... yes

Confused spectators - why are the same boats running again? ... yes

Difficult patrol boat scheduling - "I can't 'cause I'm in all 3 sets" ... yes

Long days ... yes

This is an example where the majority rules and the greatest number of racers is served ... because the C Yamato classes have the greatest participation

I think what Ed is really trying to say by his facetious thread title, is that we frequently cause our own problems even when the solution is easy. More bluntly than Ed stated it: Adding OSY 400 as your only PRO class is a farce, you are just running CSH twice and racers in other classes should be (fill in your choice of adjective: upset, annoyed, irritated, concerned, vexed, outraged, cross, bugged, miffed, rankled, tee'd off etc)

Complaints are rarely voiced because:
      The greatest number of racers is served
      Our officials and other volunteers (by simple function of demographics) are for the most part those Yamato drivers
      And non-Yamato drivers don't have much room to complain if they aren't helping out

Comment

good points, Sam . . .

Happy drivers - YES!

Confused spectators - ??? Simple solution to convince the average of 15 spectators that they're seeing a different race, vacuform a pile of Yamato carb covers in a few basic colors and mandate that all boats in CSH use red ones, all boats in CMH use yellow, and all boats in OSY use blue!!! Problem solved.

Difficult patrol boat scheduling - Yeah, so, when has that ever been easy?

Long days - yes. That is the only problem. Long days can burnout our race officials, and without an eager crew of race officials we're out of bidness.

Note to Ed: On race officials - Convince the APBA that any person who serves as a race commitee member gets a ONE YEAR FREE ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP!!!
        carpetbagger

Comment

Ed

In answer to your original question....NO the PRO catagory does not want anymore classes....but thanks for the offer.
          I too would like to know how it is "we treat" the OSY400 drivers that seems to have you concerned?

Kristi
          USTS President
          PRO Commissioner Region 4

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
          Tomtall 06

Comment

Csh--Promo. Fund

Ed--
            Yes everybody should have more classes so they get more Promo. Funds. Then we spend these funds on T.V. shows that never get aired. This will keep the dollar in circulation and keep our non profit/not for profit clubs from getting too big of a balance in their bank acct.

The drivers in osy as we run it in this country are 90%+ stockers. The pro cat. is an alcohol burning group and All engines in the cat. should burn alcohol, including K pro. What I am proposing is osy and K pro burn alcohol like all pro classes. That will eliminate 90%+ of the drivers[all stock drivers] and maybe kill the class but so be it cause if it does'nt burn alcohol it does'nt belong in the pro cat.

Bruce C. Summers
            V-71/81

Comment

With that kind of logic there is no wonder that all forms of boat racing need help. Bruce Summers is an old out of touch boat racer, his opinion is Not shared by the rest of the pro cat.

Nic Thompson
              Ben

Comment

Whatever the intention of this thread, it apparently has found rock bottom. Suggest that we move onto something productive.
                David Weaver

Comment

Awwww come on Nic and David.....Ed got everyone fired up as I am sure that was his intention and now you don't want to play??? Spoil sports!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                  Tomtall 06

Comment

not the same subject but... We ran OSY this year and we were written up for not having a proper paddle. I can't find it in the rule book so could someone give me the dimensions of the proper paddle size so we don't get written up again.
                    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by don11w
                      ***so could someone give me the dimensions of the proper paddle size so we don't get written up again.
                      Not sure of the dimension, but I think it's bigger than a shim stick.
                      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by ProHydroRacer
                        In the PRO Bore and Stroke classes, ALL Stock Classes are Legal. ***ProHydroRacer
                        So what's the point of having OSY as a separate class if these engines can already race in the PRO Category?
                        14-H

Comment

My OSY Paddle

Originally posted by don11w
                          not the same subject but... We ran OSY this year and we were written up for not having a proper paddle. I can't find it in the rule book so could someone give me the dimensions of the proper paddle size so we don't get written up again.
                          Don,

This is the OSY paddle I plan on getting next year. That way I have something to use on Donny and Billy when they try to pass.

Angela said she would not mind me borrowing hers!

Tad.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Tad Olson; 10-22-2006, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Is it not up to the Race Committee as to what classes and what categories are run at a race?

So if it is an issue--don't run OSY at Stock Sanctioned events.

Comment

Originally posted by dlmurray
                              Is it not up to the Race Committee as to what classes and what categories are run at a race?

So if it is an issue--don't run OSY at Stock Sanctioned events.
                              Dan: I agree. Sometimes the Race Committee needs help in making that decision.

BTW: AWESOME Avatar photo. Ed.
                              14-H

Comment

I agree with Diane if it is such a big deal than....don't run them at the stock races. Not sure who that will make happy but whatever.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                                X