321 Yamato in 302SSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 321 Yamato in 302SSH

This evening, the APBA Board of Directors approved unanimously the proposal sent forth by the 302 Super Stock Committee and the Stock Outboard Racing Commission. This proposal allows the Model 321 Yamato engine to race with the Model 302 in the 302SSH class effective January 2, 2016. Due to both engines being from the 300 Series of Yamato engines, the class will now be called 300SSH. Both engines will be permitted to run together in the class in the 2016 season, but the sealing of additional 302 engines for the class will end immediately.

Those interested in purchasing one of our sealed 321's may contact our Chief Inspector, Tom Johnston to be added to our first come, first served list once they are received, prepared and sealed.
    Tom can reached at tjohnston15m@live.com and I can be reached for questions at stockoutboard@apba.org

http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Thanx to everybody that has helped with this class. Dave

Comment

Come on guys this is way too quiet , let the drama begin !!!

Comment

We have a 302 sealed engine now - I have a 321 on order - if need be we have the parts to make up the "best" motor and save the rest for another class/ no drama from us.. PS. good call Jeff -- 300 SSH ya hoo!!!!
        Last edited by Fastjack; 12-04-2015, 05:41 PM. Reason: added ps

Comment

I put in my order with TJ this morning. It's time to build this class in CA.

Comment

I heard the news from Jeff this morning Joe that you ordered a new 321 motor for 300SSH. Fantastic! Jean and the rest of the committee is working as I type this on getting rigs into region 11. You will have a class in 2016. I am so excited for you guys. (and gals)

Comment

There is no reason for drama in the class. everything is so simple.

Comment

Jeff, you guys made a good decision under the circumstances! Good job.
                John Adams

Comment

So I guess we wait to see how they compare on the race course. Hopefully even up!

Comment

Cool.
                    Looking forward to 2016!!

Comment

A couple of people have asked me questions about class...instead of sending a few private messages let me give a brief summary of class here. I tried to paste this onto APBA social site....would not work. Anybody else having issues with that? Anyway....the rules for class are pretty simple. Most C and 20 boats will be legal. For specific rules you can find everything on APBA's site. When you purchase a new 321 sealed motor, there are seals in place to keep the motor from being opened up and tampered with. If you break one of those seals. you can't run the class until motor is sent to one of the inspection stations we have set up. You can take the lower unit off and put another lower unit on it if you wish to run another class, such as C stock or 20 or something. There is no seal on the lower unit..... There are no rules aside from stock outboard specs as to what fuel you can run. If you decide to have the motor worked on internally (such as re-ringing) you have to return motor to one of the inspection stations., where whatever work needs to be done and then motor is re sealed. There are some really cool videos of 300SSH action at the last couple of nationals. When you go onto Youtube, type in 302SSH and they will come up.
                      Last edited by daveracerdsh; 12-05-2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I made an error on the prop draw prcedures. Sorry bout that.
                        Copied from our tech manual:
                        Propellers: All entries must race the APBA 300 Super Stock propellers provided with the engines. An engine owner only owns the rights to “a” propeller and not a specific propeller. At driver’s meeting the day of the race all propellers from the entries in the class will be turned in to the race inspector (or a person designated by the inspector). The race inspector (or designee) will place one propeller each in a bag or box to conceal it. A driver will then pull a new propeller from the bag or box. In the event a second day of racing is scheduled on the same day, the process must be repeated after the first day of racing. At the divisionals and nationals, this process must occur after each completed heat. Any participant who damages, alters or marks on the propeller(s) in order to later identify them will be required to return the propeller to the authorized propeller service center for repair or replacement with all costs incurred by the participant.

Comment

Whoo hoo! Finally a decision.

One question though, is the prop that comes on the stock 321 identical to the 302 prop?
                          Dane Lance
                          700-P
                          CSH/500Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Ram4x4 View Post
                            Whoo hoo! Finally a decision.

One question though, is the prop that comes on the stock 321 identical to the 302 prop?

The propellers are identical
                            http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

• glen wesanko
                              glen wesanko commented
                              Editing a comment
                              This class is the BEST idea APBA and "stock outboard" has come up with in decades ! Congrat's to all those who have worked so hard to get this class up and running. This will become the most competitive and interesting class to watch in the future. J Glen Wesanko DSH

Good choice. Now, let's all promote this class and go racing. This down time (winter) is killing me as I need to go testing. 1-R

Comment

Working...
                            X