Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina

Pat,
    Good point. My dad always comments about growing up and being able to walk into a marina and see a new Merc 20H hanging on the wall. They would ride there bikes there on Saturday just to check it out. Man, those were the Good Old Days!!!

Unfortunately, there aren't many marinas like that remaining and kids won't ride their bikes for miles just to look at something, especially when they can download all the games/entertainment they want instantly.

Knowing this, we could take small steps...like just putting posters or information packets at a local marina to let folks know about racing. It's minimal cost to APBA and only takes us a little space at the marina. It's also getting information in the hands of folks who already enjoy boats!

I still think one of the best ways to get folks started is letting them go for a ride. Thanks to all the Clubs who did a great job with their Driving School Programs in 2010!

We are off to work on Marine Racing Club's CSH for our 2011 Driving School.

Have a great day.

- Mike

Comment

• I agree 100%

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
      Pat,
      Good point. My dad always comments about growing up and being able to walk into a marina and see a new Merc 20H hanging on the wall. They would ride there bikes there on Saturday just to check it out. Man, those were the Good Old Days!!!

Unfortunately, there aren't many marinas like that remaining and kids won't ride their bikes for miles just to look at something, especially when they can download all the games/entertainment they want instantly.

Knowing this, we could take small steps...like just putting posters or information packets at a local marina to let folks know about racing. It's minimal cost to APBA and only takes us a little space at the marina. It's also getting information in the hands of folks who already enjoy boats!

I still think one of the best ways to get folks started is letting them go for a ride. Thanks to all the Clubs who did a great job with their Driving School Programs in 2010!

We are off to work on Marine Racing Club's CSH for our 2011 Driving School.

Have a great day.

- Mike
      I agree 100%. Times have changed and so must we or…

sorry to hi-jack this already hi-jacked thread but I can’t help myself!

Yes, Lets All Of Us put a promotional display up our local marinas or boat dealers this spring…do they have room to put an old dressed up boat on display? If so do you have a 3rd generation racer in your club that has more old boats than they know what to do with that could loan one?

Don’t forget to use this electronic media form to ‘spread the word’ to create exposure opportunities. Its is simple stuff. Put your boat pics up on your Facebook pages and mention the sport occasionally for all your friends to see. There are no guarantees this will help but I don’t think it will hurt.

How about a “Invite All Your Friends to Come Out For a Ride This Summer” campaign on Facebook this coming spring?

Who cares if 75% of your friends would never do it or could not possibly or physically do it…what about the 25% who could or those they may know that may want to. Lets use this free and extremely popular form of media to help us grow. Even if it only works one or just a few times…you can’t use the same bluff at the same poker table over and over before your opponents catch on... but if used correctly and at the right time it can make ALL the difference who wins.
      Last edited by Raymond; 01-09-2011, 09:22 AM. Reason: Typo
      Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

• 25ss??

After hearing some test results on the Sidewinder 20 ci engine, I was wondering if anyone has data to compare it to a Merc 25XS.

I believe it has already been approved for 25ssR and 25ssH ( I need to verify).

Can anyone comment on the performance of a SW20 vs the Merc in either 25ssR or 25ssH?

Thanks for the input,
        Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by pav225 View Post
          After hearing some test results on the Sidewinder 20 ci engine, I was wondering if anyone has data to compare it to a Merc 25XS.

I believe it has already been approved for 25ssR and 25ssH ( I need to verify).

Can anyone comment on the performance of a SW20 vs the Merc in either 25ssR or 25ssH?

Thanks for the input,
          Mike
          I PM'd you.
          Michael J. Mackey
          Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
          Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
          Yamato Aficionado
          21-V

Comment

• Mike,
            Per the minutes on APBA website from last year’s National Meeting….

B) Approval of the Sidewinder 20S Engine into the 25SSR Class.
            Motion made to approve the Sidewinder 20S for the 25ssr class Motion Carries
            Motion made to take the 20S Sidewinder approval for the 25ssr class to the BOD for immediate approval by the BOD for the 2010 racing season Motion Carries
            Motion made to approve the Sidewinder 20S for the 25ssh class. And also take it to the BOD for immediate approval for the 2010 racing season. Motion Carries

That should answer part of your question. As for someone posting test data…good luck with that one. I think it’s been asked for several times.

Since you brought this up. I was in the room for part of this meeting and I don’t remember the reasoning why we approved the 20 Sidewinder for both the 20SS class and the 25 class. Seems to me the general consensus is that people don’t want to eliminate classes nor do they want to do anything to lose any of our current drivers.

I’m not sure where you are going with your post but I’ll throw this out there. Why don’t we just keep the 20 sidewinder in the 25 classes and remove it from the 20 class? Seems to me that 25 could use an infusion of new drivers. Might have to slow the 25’s down but maybe it’s doable. I suggested this to another member this morning…
            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Working...
            X