Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean,
    Thanks for helping to clarify.

Does anyone know how many 20ci Sidewinders have been sold? Have they run in 20ssH yet? Any results??

- Mike

Comment

• Like it is

All

After much thought and research---Stockoutboard can not afford to loose ONE driver.. They are not replacable--need to give any engine MFG that is making engines for stockoutboard as much support as possible.
      There is no place to get engines from off the shelf that would be able to be run on stock boats. As I have mentioned it would be great to have the big guys compete for our business but after much research into engine size,weight ,costs there is nothing even close to correct for stock boats...

These outboards will have to be raced in another category and OPC comes to mind(don't know)????

Just was thinking about what to offer for Earnies Meeting Friday and Matt
      your on,give it your best shot.

Pat
      Region 2 Commissioner

Comment

• Originally posted by raceright View Post
        All

There is no place to get engines from off the shelf that would be able to be run on stock boats.

Pat
        Region 2 Commissioner
        Why do we always seem to forget...YOU CAN BUY A YAMATO 302 ENGINE.

Ricky has plenty in stock.

- Mike Pavlick

Comment

• True, and a great point, but...

Originally posted by pav225 View Post

- Mike Pavlick
          Yes, Ric does have plenty of 302s available for purchase at a moment's notice. And for that, we should all be thankful to him that he is able to easily provide racers with a proven, reliable, inexpensive, new race engine.

On the flip-side, I think what Pat is talking about are engines you could go into your local marina and buy, hang off your fishing boat and fish with on Friday, then put on your race boat and race with on Saturday. (Like back in the 60s when you could go into a car dealership and buy a car you could use to get groceries during the week, then take to the drag strip and race on the weekends without doing anything except for maybe changing the wheels and tires.)

That would certainly go a long way to help put the stock back into Stock Outboard.
          Michael J. Mackey
          Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
          Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
          Yamato Aficionado
          21-V

Comment

• On the flip-side, I think what Pat is talking about are engines you could go into your local marina and buy, hang off your fishing boat and fish with on Friday, then put on your race boat and race with on Saturday.
            Anyone that still believes this could happen is living so far in the past that their opinions are practically irrelevant.

Newsflash:
            People dont wear watches
            The newspaper is a dead medium
            Nobody uses a fax machine anymore
            You cant buy film in a retail store

All that has happened in just the last 10 years.

We live in times of tremendous change yet almost nothing significant has changed in APBA scince 1903. APBA still has the same leadership structure. We still have the same basic set of General Racing Rules. We still have the same structure of regional representation.

Time to comprehensively start from scratch.

Is APBA a promotions and marketing machine?
            Is APBA just an insurance broker?
            Is APBA a membership advocate to state and federal government to protect environmental resources for boat racing enthusiasts?

What is APBA? It is whatever the membership asks its leadership to become.

Sorry to semi-hijack the serious discussion on proposals for class reduction.

BW
            302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

• There's no denying progress, so...

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
              Anyone that still believes this could happen is living so far in the past that their opinions are practically irrelevant.

Newsflash:
              People dont wear watches

BW
              ...I guess I will pack up my practically irrelevant opinions, sit on the sidelines with my wristwatch, my local daily newspaper, my fax machine, my Nikon film camera, and a cup of coffee and just watch how the movers-and-shakers "fix" this. As we used to say way back in the '80s, "Go for it!"
              Michael J. Mackey
              Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
              Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
              Yamato Aficionado
              21-V

Comment

• Answers??

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                All

After much thought and research---Stockoutboard can not afford to loose ONE driver..
                Just was thinking about what to offer for Earnies Meeting Friday and Matt
                your on,give it your best shot.
                Pat
                Region 2 Commissioner
                There are no easy answers to a problem that has been eating away at us like a cancer for almost 40 years. Seems we in the Stock Outboard community have been in a freefall since the ole KG-4, 20-H, 30-H, 55-H were not Mercurys bread and butter anymore and bigger engines were introduced. Along came OPC. They in my mind were the 'new' Stock Outboard cataglory in the 1960's (long before i was born!!)..............

We really never recovered from that 'market' development and tried to survive with those smaller displacement motors for decades and never adjusted to the times??

Stock Outboard and Modified Outboard racing has always been 'blue collar' affordable racing and i think we can not stray from that mentality........we need to assure all our members have a place to race as they say. Easy to say , hard to accompolish in current economic times......

See ya in Detroit, i think you owe me a beer????? Or two.

Matt

Comment

• wrist watch

Newsflash:
                  People dont wear watches

All that has happened in just the last 10 years.

We live in times of tremendous change yet almost nothing significant has changed in APBA scince 1903. APBA still has the same leadership structure. We still have the same basic set of General Racing Rules. We still have the same structure of regional representation.

Time to comprehensively start from scratch.

Is APBA a promotions and marketing machine?
                  Is APBA just an insurance broker?
                  Is APBA a membership advocate to state and federal government to protect environmental resources for boat racing enthusiasts?

What is APBA? It is whatever the membership asks its leadership to become.

Sorry to semi-hijack the serious discussion on proposals for class reduction.

BW
                  I know for a FACT that Micheal J. Mackey wears a wrist watch, he has a nice collection in fact.

Alright Mackey, seeings how BW has determined that you are out of date and irrelevant, I as Commodore of Marine Racing Club with have to ask you and your outdated ideas to resign as Secretary of MRC immediately!

Anyone out there able to fill Mike's shoes for me? Pay is not to good but you do get the bonus of working with me on club related projects

PS - sorry for the short notice but we have a club meeting at 9:00 am this Saturday.
                  Last edited by BP125V; 01-06-2011, 10:43 AM.
                  Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

• Getting Old..............

Newsflash:
                    People dont wear watches

BW
                    Brad
                    Luce and i buy our 35 mill film at Walmart..........i find it cool that when Luce and I show up at the races with 'real pictures' on Kodak prints that folks love it in lieu of looking at a 2" square digital screen?? And there is nothing like a cup of coffee and the sports page of the local paper on a cold winter morning!!

And my watch and fax machime work just fine........

Sorry, you set yourself up for this post!!

Say hi to big Bill for me!!

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by B Walker View Post

Newsflash:
                      People dont wear watches

BW
                      I think you are smoking something that is NOT LEGAL or living under a rock!!!
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Ya, I knew I was going down in flames on this post....

I tried to use 4 well known recent society/technology changes to illustrate how much APBA has not changed.

My point was about what APBA is or isnt.

Ya want to wow 'em in the pits Matt? Get a digital SLR camera and an I-Pad to show pics around the campfire Sat night of the same raceday.

Back to class reduction proposal discussion....

BW

Just got off the phone with Dad, he says hi.
                        302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

• Originally posted by pav225 View Post

- Mike Pavlick
                          Mike Mike Mike

About 2000 people know ya can buy from Ricky---But of the thousands of outboard dealers in the world Millions of people know about them--little larger Market wouldn't you say. Just a shame it is not for stockoutboard thats all.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by B Walker View Post
                            Ya, I knew I was going down in flames on this post....

I tried to use 4 well known recent society/technology changes to illustrate how much APBA has not changed.

My point was about what APBA is or isnt.

Ya want to wow 'em in the pits Matt? Get a digital SLR camera and an I-Pad to show pics around the campfire Sat night of the same raceday.

Back to class reduction proposal discussion....

BW

Just got off the phone with Dad, he says hi.

B
                            Yep you got it here is some more lolo

I like my Tag Heuer Hate my Blackberry
                            Many Financial Companies and Banks only Fax No Emails
                            Never did buy film
                            And like stock outboard Newspapers SALES are greatly reduced and cost more lololo

Was hopeing to die before having to learn all this new technology
                            STILL MIGHT MAKE IT LOLOLOLO

PAT

Comment

• huh?

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                              Mike Mike Mike

About 2000 people know ya can buy from Ricky---But of the thousands of outboard dealers in the world Millions of people know about them--little larger Market wouldn't you say. Just a shame it is not for stockoutboard thats all.

Pat
                              I have no idea what you are trying to say.

- Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                                I have no idea what you are trying to say.

- Mike
                                Ok I'll say it another way--If Ricky had as many outboard dealerships as Suzuki and Honda and Mercury then there would be thousands of
                                c stock and osy members.

All sales are just a numbers game,and we are trying to sell the idea
                                of boatracinng to to small a audience.
                                Clear it up any??

Wich came first the chicken or the egg.

My opinion they both came at the same time
                                Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X