SO class reduction proposal, next steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class Reduction

The point that I was trying to make was that when someone tries to speak his mind with regard to the "class structures" if it does not agree with Deans suggestion he replies with a negativety that I for one find disheartening to say the least. It has got to the point where I sorry to say that he'd sell his soul to the devil to get his suggestions accepted! Where does he get off to think that he has all the right answers! I am pretty sure that there are many veteran racers who would probably like to voice their thoughts about the reduction suggestion!
    Merry Christmas!
    Carl

Comment

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
      Jeff I agree with just about everything you have written. The only disagreement, I know from racing them for ten years that a Hot Rod can run effectively at 12CC. I do believe that makes 58 a reality and 59 a possibility for the Hot Rod. I have talked extensively with Nuchi. and he has seen 61+ with the Sidewinder. I believe that we will have to add at least 1 CC the 20Sidewinder for the Hydro and the Runabout. I think this would put both motors in the "ballpark". However, I do concede that the Sidewinder would most likely be the motor of choice in BSR within 1-2 years. Is that a bad thing?

One additional fact left out in your review of the current BSR class and BSH for that matter is... The currently raced Hot Rod has been out of production for over 20 years and you can not buy a new crankshaft for the motor! It has absolutely no hope for sustained new growth. I do not believe we should keep supporting classes that have no long term future. I know this would potentially upset the current Hot Rod racers. I would also expect that you Cooper and Darrell and probably Davey will bolt on horns and run 250CCR. However, I think the class will recover it losses in 1-3 years and have a long term viable future for "new names". Ed Hearn pulling out the "special" motor (you reference) twice a year to whoop the field does not attract anyone. I would love to race BSR again. Richard has been working on Doug and I, but not until I can go out and "buy" a motor that is on an even playing field. It is time we put some of the STOCK back into SO. Testing props, boats and motors is one thing, scrounging the earth to put together a "special" Hot Rod is just not attractive. APBA already has a category for that, MOD.

Thanks for your input and clarifications.
      Dean
      12M
      Dean,
      You so far off what is really going on in BSR and the hot-rod Racing world!!!.
      BSR has been the one of the few stock growing classes in are region and yours. If Racing Outboards would be supporting us instead of starving us out of parts we would be growing faster. There has been more Hot-Rods built and sold then sidewinders since Ron S envolment!!
      The Truth is Racing Outboards has made ZERO Profits off of the sidewinder project. Ron S has sold more then $20000.00 in Hot-Rod parts since he was involved with the Hot-Rod.
      We were in full support of Ron and his endeavor. He shook my hand promised us (drivers) new H-R parts and full support. He has recently continued to say that he has full intentions in building BOTH engines, the Sidewinder and Hot-Rod for racing.

The truth is that behind the scenes Hot-Rod owners and drivers have been having to buy, manufacture and trade parts between are selves. Racing outboards have been trying to starve us out of parts out for racing. They have refused to sell or just not ship parts at all. Mostly lower unit parts, this effect all small stock drivers. Leaving A, J, AXS, and Hot-Rod drivers on the beach when race weekend comes. I have had numerous drivers call me looking for omc and H-R lower unit parts and they all have same story that Racing Outboard would not sell them the parts they need to race or just never shipped them out.
      Do to one of the many good things about are sport!!! I sent some emails and phone calls and I was able to put them on to other drivers that had the parts they needed to race. We have tried ordering Sidewinder (Reed engine) parts and didn’t get them!

The drivers and owner of STOCK and MOD Hot-Rods have been pooling are money and resources to make and manufacture are own replacement parts from lack of support and trust from racing outboards. We will be making new replacement Crankshafts and Blocks.
      The Hot-rod classes may be the best thing for A-B kneel down racing. The H-R stock and mod classes supports and supplies itself with major engine parts. Not relying solely on a one manufacture for parts. If racing outboard falls of the planet or goes bankrupt we still will have Hot-Rods and parts to race. We the racers have more talent, knowledge and resource throughout are sport then any factory ever will.

WE DO HAVE NEW FULL CIRCLE CRANKSHAFTS DONE!!! THEY ARE BEING TESTED AND WILL BE ADVAILABLE SHORTLY.

15 H-R stock 101

The 13cc is used because most of the engines do not run at or last long at 12cc. There are a few good stock heads that by happen to run at very well at 12cc and not melt the pistons. Most of the other heads do not run at 12cc, they melt pistons or the engine have be detuned to the point that they are uncompetitive. The cc was raised to 13 to prevent engine failure and make the class more competitive by getting rid of the few good heads advantage, which was a huge problem to some drivers! I had 3 new heads and none of them worked at 12cc and I was fairly noncompetitive, now at 13.5cc they all run good and my engine is one of the fastest in the country.
      Dave Little knew this and all 15 Hot-Rods left the factory at 13-14cc. The problem was that the min cc rule was 12cc . What do most racers do, they think that 12cc is faster and they cut the heads and make there engine go faster or make there pistons come out the ports.
      The 13cc makes 99% of the heads equal, by not giving the few good heads an advantage.
      If you ever watch BSR we are all capable of winning at nationals and no one melts pistons any more. Everyone is running even in the finals, there never is any one that really smokes the field. That is mostly do to the 13cc heads and we all run the same type of boats. It is a really true Stock class everything runs the same and equal!

Ed Hearn has no "special" motor I have seen inside of all of his engines, worked on them at one time or another. My "good" engine I believe is better then his.

Everyone has a "nationals engine, boat or prop" if you have all 3 your dam hard to beat, If you have only one of them you need to make it up some where else, but to win at nationals you have to still be able to drive it and have some luck no mater what you drive!

He is fast do to hard driving and good starting, constant testing of engine, boats, props.

53w
      Last edited by 53-W; 12-25-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

The Hot-Rod between Tom Moulder and Dave Little there has always Been 100% advailable for NEW engines. They did run out of the Full circle cranks, but the engine with other types cranks have always been advailable! The Hot-rods development has never stop in over 50 years of racing!

There was no purpose in making more F-C cranks until the rotational balance problem and cost of manufacture were over come. That now as been done!

The original Dave Little full circle crank that 100% fixed the crank failure problem, started new problem of shakeing so bad that the Blocks, coils, crankcases, bearing retainer started to fail. 95% of current block and case failure is from or inhanced by the engine shake. The hot-rod rotary valve rotational inballance happends to peak at the same rpm as the max hp is at. So at racing rpm the engine get pounded to death from the inside out.
        The new full circle balanced crank will end 90% of all current engine component failures. The new balanced crank has been being worked on for over 15 years is finally complete and is being tested.
        53w

Comment

I read and re-read 53-W's post and cant decide if he is really defending the current Hot Rods or if it is all ironic and an examination of everything thats wrong with Stock Outboard brought down to the single class level.

If 53-W is serious: good luck with your scavenged 50 year old parts and secret stash of "good" parts you and your cronies have accumulated.

If it is irony, Bravo, you get it.

BW
          302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

53-w We also have available new direct fit cylinder sleeves to fit the 15 block and also to put 15 sleeves in a 20 block. L.A. sleeve has them available under my part number.

Comment

Way to go Darrell, way...to....go....!!!
              sigpic

Comment

53W who are you? You seem to have all the answers concerning the HotRod. Where have you been the last 10 years?
                bill b

Comment

Been racing Hot-Rods. Did a lot of Hot-Rod development and making Parts with with Tom Moulder and Cooper.
                  Darrel Ludwig
                  53W

Comment

Whats the reasoning behind the weight diffrence from CSR and CSH?

Looking at Nuccio proposal, all other classes were 5 lbs diffrence with the exception of C and D.

Comment

Class weight

Originally posted by Boatracer4fun View Post
                      Whats the reasoning behind the weight diffrence from CSR and CSH?
                      Weld wood glue and fir plywood. With new building materials there is no reason for a 475 lbs C class.

Comment

Hot Rods

Originally posted by 53-W View Post
                        Been racing Hot-Rods. Did a lot of Hot-Rod development and making Parts with with Tom Moulder and Cooper.
                        Darrel Ludwig
                        53W
                        Darrell..... how new are the parts in the "National Champion" Hot Rods.

Ed Hearn, Cooper, Rich Hearn - blocks, pistons, cranks, ignition parts?

I know that you busted your a$$ to help keep parts produced. In the fastest motor combinations are any of those newer parts proving to be out front? or has that motor of Ed's and Cooper's been around for 10-20 years? and if it is the best of the best from years of collecting how do you and I beat them?

Scott
                        Last edited by reed28n; 12-28-2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
                          Weld wood glue and fir plywood. With new building materials there is no reason for a 475 lbs C class.
                          So why the big diffrence in weight from the runabout to hydro? Just curious.

Comment

Serious?

That would explain why the annual proposal to lower the CSR weight always loses. Leave the big boys one class already.
                            Moby Grape Racing
                            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

2 motors per class

I would limit any combination to two motors or motor choices per class...
                              I think this makes a LOT of sense! It will be challenging enough to have parity between 2 motors. More than that will be almost impossible.

- Mike Pavlick

Comment

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                                That would explain why the annual proposal to lower the CSR weight always loses. Leave the big boys one class already.
                                How about making the CSH/CSR the same? Big boys can run 2 classes? The proposal has it for the other classes, i believe they are 5lbs diffrence.

Comment

Working...
                                X