2010 SORC and Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 SORC and Chairman

As I did eight (8) years ago, I returned from a week's vacation to find that I have been elected the Stock Outboard Chairman. I will shortly resign from the APBA Board of Directors (as the APBA By Laws require) since it is my pleasure to accept this position and again serve the members of the Stock Category.

I wish to thank out-going Chairman, Scott Reed, for a fine job in handling the position for the last two years. I know, as well as anyone, that the job requires much attention and time, and is generally a thankless one for doing nothing more than serving the Category that the chairman loves. Thank-you, Scott, for all of your hard work and effort.

Shortly, I will begin to put together an agenda of items for the annual meeting. I will also provide all of you with a short statement of what I believe the significant agenda items will be at this year's annual meeting and my position regarding them. Likewise, I intend to solicit and then make appointments for Category Committees.

Thank-you for the vote of confidence from those Commissioners who voted for me. For those who did not, as in the past, I will work to attempt to achieve your agenda for a good Category as best I can as I intend that the 2010 SORC will work together with the Chairman for the betterment of the sport as a whole.

Edward W. Hearn,
    SORC Chairman-elect.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Thanks Ed
    I look foward to hearing what your agenda is

"The Coffee Guy"
    TEAM CAFFEINE
    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

I would like to thank you and all the other people that donate their time, sweat and money and sometimes neglect their own equipment in order to make racing possible.
      PJ
      118-P
      If your not fast, your food
      TEAM TOWER
      RUNABOUT DIVISION
      Suck it up buddy its only three laps (John Runne)

Comment

here we go.............

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
        As I did eight (8) years ago, I returned from a week's vacation to find that I have been elected the Stock Outboard Chairman. I will shortly resign from the APBA Board of Directors (as the APBA By Laws require) since it is my pleasure to accept this position and again serve the members of the Stock Category.

I wish to thank out-going Chairman, Scott Reed, for a fine job in handling the position for the last two years. I know, as well as anyone, that the job requires much attention and time, and is generally a thankless one for doing nothing more than serving the Category that the chairman loves. Thank-you, Scott, for all of your hard work and effort.

Shortly, I will begin to put together an agenda of items for the annual meeting. I will also provide all of you with a short statement of what I believe the significant agenda items will be at this year's annual meeting and my position regarding them. Likewise, I intend to solicit and then make appointments for Category Committees.

Thank-you for the vote of confidence from those Commissioners who voted for me. For those who did not, as in the past, I will work to attempt to achieve your agenda for a good Category as best I can as I intend that the 2010 SORC will work together with the Chairman for the betterment of the sport as a whole.

Edward W. Hearn,
        SORC Chairman-elect.

hey Ed, ya think we can now pull the height restriction on the Tohatsu in D????? Another teleconference????
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
          hey Ed, ya think we can now pull the height restriction on the Tohatsu in D????? Another teleconference????
          Darren: Missed you too.
          14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

hey now..........

Darren: Missed you too.

I didn't say I missed you.......
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Please do not act shocked!

Edward W. Hearn,
              SORC Chairman-elect.
              Ed,

While I appreciate all you have done in the past for APBA please do not advertise that you are surprised by your recent vote. You and I have philisophical differences in our approach to the future success of our category. You have successfully instilled fear in the membership, and you have an agenda to repeal much of what the last commission voted in. You lobbied for your agenda and you will appoint as many members to the commission as it takes to get what you "Ed Hearn" wants.

You are willing to compromise the integrity of the the most competitive category in APBA and possibly the world of boat racing. The Mercury does not fit in the "A" class and the side winder is absolutely ready for implementation. The Mercury and fear have been your platform. You are faced with many challenges and I do not believe that you will do the right thing to reduce the barriers of entry that Mark Weber speaks about.

Please state your personal agenda and who you will appoint to the commission to ram your agenda through.

Thank you
              Stock Outboard Member

Comment

Ed can speak for himself but remember it's not just Ed that didn't support some of the SORC decisions.

Also Ed did not go looking for this he was approached by myself and others if he were interested in running again.

Your right he may not have been surprised that he was nominated but he may have been surprised that we were actually able to pull it off.

Nothing against you Scott but we just felt some of the decisons were not in the best interest of racing at this time. Like I keep saying we all are not going to agree and have different thoughts.

But I still love you all.
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

I consider the guiding principles of Ed and his constituents to be extremely short term in outlook and self serving. It is a "what have you done for me lately" philosophy and it is how we have gotten Stock Outboard into the difficulties it now finds itself.

I have found the long term outlook of Scott Reeds' leadership refreshing and visionary with a clearly defined guiding set of principles and the guts to stick to those guiding principles in the face of significant disagreement from those with opposing views.

Thank you, Scott for your leadership.

Good luck, Ed with your new position.

Not saying either Scott or Eds outlook is better or worse, just different ways of attacking the problems of Stock Outboard. Only time will be able to figure out which approach is the cure for what ails Stock Outboard.

BW
                  Last edited by B Walker; 11-11-2009, 07:43 AM.
                  302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Friends and politics...

Friends and politics, it is hard to have both... personally I consider Ed a very close friend but...

I am on the other side of the coin. I thought Scott did an outstanding job and was positioning Stock Outboard for future growth, while still trying to consider our current racers. For the first time in a long time we actually had a plan for our future classes and structure that people could plan for. Once it actually came time to fulfill it, the membership considered the motors in "their trailerbox" vs. the future and cast a self serving vote.

A vote for Scott was a vote for the future of our sport, a vote for Ed is a vote for status qua. I feel under Ed we will go back to a category that makes yearly "knee jerk" decisions on how we run our category. I am sure Ed will appoint enough commissioners to undue everything that has been set in place in the last three years and we will be back where we started in 2006.

That's progress!

Just my minority opinion,

Dean
                    CSH12M

Comment

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
                      a category that makes yearly "knee jerk" decisions on how we run our category. I am sure Ed will appoint enough commissioners to undue everything that has been set in place in the last three years and we will be back where we started in 2006.

That's progress!

Just my minority opinion,

Dean
                      CSH12M
                      I have no interest in taking shots at Ed, I will however comment on (2) points made by Dean. The yearly "knee jerk" decisions, as Dean puts it, are the most frustrating part of our sport. We need a consistent long range vision, and I stress consistent! Personally, I feel as if there is a good plan in place for our future and we need to see it through.

Secondly, the issue of stacking a commission baffles me. Where is the representation in that? I don’t pretend to know Ed’s intentions but I will credit Scott for being transparent as well as maintaining the integrity of an elected commission.

I encourage this year’s group including the Chairperson to think before you act. Ask yourselves if your vote is truly what the membership base you represent needs and/or wants. Park the self serving interests driven by what reside in our trailer boxes. Additionaly, when the technical agendas are put to bed, what are we doing to encourage the growth of this sport? I’ve sat in to many meetings driven by technical talk with not enough attention being paid to how we are marketing our sport. Let’s look at the programs in Region 6 for example and support these efforts on a National level.

My two cents,

Troy Gladkowski

Comment

Originally posted by 14J View Post
                        I have no interest in taking shots at Ed, I will however comment on (2) points made by Dean. The yearly "knee jerk" decisions, as Dean puts it, are the most frustrating part of our sport. We need a consistent long range vision, and I stress consistent!
                        My two cents,

Troy Gladkowski
                        exactly!

Bill
                        Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

wow wow hold on

Comment

Efforts in Region 7 Not Considered

Hey,

We had 15 days of racing minus one for a blow out between the borders of Ill/WI. A SO and Pro Divisionals also.

With economic environment today local races are the growth engine to generate people to enter the sport and stay in the sport. Those are tough club and Region decisions.

We polled our membership and they wanted more local races. We did what they asked and my first line statement is the result. We don't have to go thru CHI-town to get points unless you want to. Altough we do like racing with our R6 friends.

Over the years in discussion between R6 and R7, they too are expanding their local programs with great sites. They will develope new members and current members will most likely increase their participation.

Local racing opprotunities is part of the membership equation, not the solution.

Warbs
                            64*W

Comment

Also in region seven we have the promotional booth. With the support and cooperation of our members. We have put a new J driver on the water in the 09 season. I am also very happy to say it looks as if Mark (one of the other leads from the 09 season) may very well be close to closing on a deal that will put him and his son on the water next season. (package deal. boats, motors, trailer and other gear)
                              While my sights are set higher than three new members, I am very glad to have the three join us.

I want to share something else too. One mother of 2 possible J drivers for next year made the comment: we have been involved with BMX, snow cross etc. for several years. We have been walking around the pits all day. I have never seen a pit full of competitors be such obviously close friends.(this is not an exact quote as she is more articulate than I. LOL)
                              I know when I joined this sport I was just as shocked and impressed with that very same thing as she was. It is probably one of our greatest assets as a sport. Yet it is may very well be the hardest thing to market, unless people are actually at one of our races to see it for themselves.

"The Coffee Guy"
                              TEAM CAFFEINE
                              Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                              " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Working...
                              X